CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

5.0

CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock

Pros
  • Since, this employer offers part-time work-you may complete your work task conveniently (in 42 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay raises or much of any chances for growing with this company (in 29 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Several teams you can work for that can fit your need of days, hours or for supplemental income. PT Benefits are available and payday for Non-Salaried employees is every Friday. Company Bonus potential.

Cons

Weekend Field Support or IT assistance is not as helpful on weekends for Weekend Teams. With teams in different states, it would be nice to have Field Support extend their hours of availablility.

Never forget the little guys.

ended badly

Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I heard rumors that if the company decided to downsize, they would invent assignments or state that you missed performing some type of duty to eliminate your position. I had never heard of a company that did this. Well, I completed my week in Los Angeles and on Friday night my mgr called me that I had not completed everything I was assigned to do on Thursday, which happened to be stocking 5 - 10 # bags of dog food that was found in the back room, obviously out of my sight. ! I told her I was in San Diego and would do it on Monday, she said you have to come back and finish doing this project by tomorrow at 7AM. I refused. Because of my refusal I was labeled as insubordinate, not dependable, and I was terminated. However, first I was asked to train a "new employee" that would be working another territory. No sooner was she trained than I was terminated. I had to meet my mgr at headquarters Irvine, drop off my rental car, and my equipment that was in the trunk. Then I was embarrassed by my Mgr that had reported my "action" to the District Mgr. I was then told to provide my own transportation back home (Glendale!). It was a hefty $60 Taxi ride, that I had to pay.

Cons

Learning a new software program for navigation and mileage that Crossmark had purchased, I believe that there are other ways of terminating employment than harassing, and humiliating an employee.

I had worked for the company for 3 years, and several others over the previous 12 years, without any negative input from my supervisors or store mgrs.,. I believe that I should have been provided the chance to correct the mistake I made!