CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

CROSSMARK CEO Joe Crafton

Joe Crafton

Pros:
  • "Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work"
    in 30 reviews
  • "Flexible schedule and it's a Monday thru Friday work week"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company")"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Since June 1, 2013 all part time employees were cut back to 30 hours per week or less"
    in 31 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Merchandising

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Avondale, AZ

I have been working at CROSSMARK as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat pay very nice and efficient. All my interactions with this company have gone very well. They are very quick in all their responses and information that I have needed.

ConsNo con's as of yet. I have had no conflict with this company. I like the way the company is run thus far.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

great

Nampa, ID

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat job lots of customer contact

Constraining new employees are some job challeges

Overall easy and fun place to work.

Event Specialist (Current Employee)
Melbourne, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

ProsVery flexible schedule, decent hourly pay, wonderful opportunities to advance and develop salesmanship.

ConsLess hours per week than what was promised and inconsistent weekly schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give accurate descriptions to new employees about the scheduling issues.

Excellent

Belmont, NC

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

ProsI loved working with the customers

ConsHeavy lifting, of boxes and the maneuverability of the cart.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the size of the cart and make it lighter and easier to move

Fun job meeting the public

Quinlan, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

ProsLow stress, decent compensation for the area, got good education in the food industry, nice to meet the public and offer products, somewhat flexible if a day off or trade was needed. Great supervisor. Good paid training, all online. Paid reliably.

ConsWeekend job; had to work every weekend. Job was seasonal, so sometimes very little work, though usually there were 3 to 4 shifts a week. Poor car allowance if a job was over an hour away. Paid .40 per mile after first 50 miles.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to interview new candidates in person.

Working for crossmark has been a positive experience.

Event Specialist (Current Employee)
North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

ProsYou get paid every Friday which is a plus! Start off pay is 10.25 an hour which is great for college students. If you're lucky you'll have really amazing co-workers that you can bond with. Meeting new people that shop in the store.

ConsReally can't move up to higher position. Don't work enough days to really make ends meet so if you're looking for a full time job this isn't it. They pretty much hire anyone so that can become a problem with reliability and will cause your boss to call you in at literally 20 mins before a shift starts.

demos

Demo Cart (Current Employee)
Edison, NJ

I have been working at CROSSMARK as a contractor for more than a year

Prossales job to learn and grow from

Consnot enough demos to work or go round, someone always being a spy no one assisting you in being a success

Advice to Senior Managementtry to balance the employees better per demo

Top-heavy company equipped with revolving door

Project Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time

ProsCrossmark is a product of it's business environment. Securing varied clients in the retail marketplace allows Crossmark to secure financial sustenance even as that marketplace, and companies, wax and wane. This affords Crossmark a measure of stability in its fiscal pursuits, and it has remained marginally profitable since this author first worked for the company.

ConsCrossmark is rife with well-paid executives, VP's and senior management. At lower levels, workload versus wages is unbalanced. For entry to mid-level positions, expectations are high and compensation below average. Many store-level representatives are offered only part-time hours (to avoid the federally-mandated healthcare requirements of employers) and earn little more than minimum wage given their localities. Position training is minimal and job resources, such as back-up coverage, is nearly non-existent. Career advancement is similar to traditional retail positions, though turnover rates seem slightly above-average within.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensation/wages to lower and mid-level associates. Cross train employees so coverage is available during leaves without the consequence of unreasonable back-logged work upon their return. Bolster morale of associates with praise and reward, rather than added job responsibilities and indifference.

Only if there's nothing else!

Retail Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome flexibility but there's a con side to that; no one standing over your shoulder but there's also a con to that.

ConsDemanding hours with 5AM and 6AM starts at times; no pay raises-crummy pay rate- I've been at $10/hr for 3+ years despite asking for a raise; sometimes dirty/freezing work environment; terrible communication-my supervisor is 1000 miles away. You have to cheat on reporting your work hours to make it remotely worth while. No permanent full time as a retail rep-it's only when authorized during busy times and it kills me to do that much physical work for that many hours, then there are times of zero to very few hours. Practically zero training-but when you make a mistake they act like you were supposed to have known. I would leave if I could find another job and believe me, I've been looking.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone - they don't listen and don't care as far as I can see.

Easy money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CROSSMARK

ProsWorking for CROSSMARK was a choice I don't regret. I learned a lot about the business of merchandising.

ConsThe challenges of working for this company is you'll never know what your week will be like. If stability is what you are looking for this is not a job for you. The Team Leaders are a joke and they will play all sides to get what "they" want and need. Also, you should be aware of the nepotism that is taking place with the Team Leaders and their team members. Their names may not be that same but guess what, they're still related!! So, when 'Johnny' comes in late and he's not reprimanded it's because the Team Leader won't report him because they work for the same company and because he's her nephew. So the rule is, no one can leave until everyone has completed their sections. Well, guess what? 'Johnny' came in late and his Aunt started his section and it's the easiest one to do on the cycle for the month (SHOCKER!!) And since she started it while he was late getting to work, he finishes up prior to everyone else AND he leaves early!! LOL without helping anyone else complete their section, he's allowed to leave early.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want quality work then drive by the Team Leaders and team members home to see if you're hiring trailer trash or not. A persons home will tell you the quality work you'll get from these people.

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!

CROSSMARK – Why Work for Us?

FOUNDED IN 1905. EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS EVER SINCE. CROSSMARK is a leading sales and marketing services company in the consumer goods industry that expertly guides our clients along “The Way to Market” by delivering… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CROSSMARK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CROSSMARK CEO Joe Crafton. All 349 reviews posted anonymously by CROSSMARK employees.