CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
2.9

CROSSMARK CEO Ben Fischer
Ben Fischer

Pros
  • Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work (in 32 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company") (in 24 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Opportunity

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Excellent Company at the corporate level. Everyone is kind, everyone wants to achieve a common goal. Endless opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Sink or swim job. If you are not strong, don't apply.

Great company!

Current Employee - Retail Field Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Field Representative

I have been working at CROSSMARK as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Crossmark is a great company to work for. They are good to their employees and have plenty of perks.

Cons

They do not pay very well relative to comparable companies in the industry.

Great company with strong values.

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Focused on having a culture that inspires employees and provides great service to clients.

Cons

Priorities and assignments sometimes change as a result of the dynamics of the business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Workplace

Former Employee - Marketing Representative  in  Temple, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Temple, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom of marketing rep positions and the traveling from location to location. The pay is good and even includes mileage on some vendor jobs.

Cons

Long form to fill out and at that time no internet access.

Brand Ambassador

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible team leaders provide opportunities for unorthodox sales techniques.

Cons

Remote management has it's limitations so constant communication is crucial.

Keep those emails coming and the prompt response is awesome

Good company lets keep it so.

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer a reasonable rate of pay for the time we put in. Much is out of our control balancing the promotions can be beneficial to all concerned.

Cons

Rumors of a cut back in hours are not good. The market is getting better slowly and we hope it does not happen.

If you have good people do what you can to keep them. If the work forces change to rapid we stay in flux.

Event Specialist - awesome side job!

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love to work for Crossmark because they work with your schedule to the absolute best of their ability.
    The Event Specialist position is a very easy one.
    It is not commission, it is hourly (and a decent pay of $10.25+ depending on experience).
    I enjoy the people that I work with.
    I have the best boss ever.
    There are opportunities within the company to go up to become a Team Lead or a Retail Supervisor depending on how hard you work and if you are liked enough.

Cons

The medical insurance costs a lot.
    There aren't enough benefits to the job.
    We do not get a set number of hours.

My advice for personal growth is to not hire as many people, but to give the ones that you already have on your team the opportunity to work more days. You could split the events up (for instance, there are times that we have 3 different demos of Yogurt on the same day - why not just have one person do all 3 in the same week?) so that one person can be working multiple days a week.

I understand the wanting to hire more people on so that more people can work, but making everyone suffer by hiring new people when you have people who have worked with you since 2010 is not a way to keep the loyal employees around.

I liked working with CrossMark

Former Employee - Retail Merchandising Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandising Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hours, flexibility and was great for when I was going to school.

Cons

Lots of traveling and some employees was rude to work with!

Have better attitudes with employees

Good part-time job but no future... unless major changes occur for them & the entire Big Ag food industry...

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like to do the event demonstrations. My supervisor, leads & crew are some of the best co-workers I've had in many years. It's usually interesting & fun.

Cons

It's only 2-3 days/week (sometimes 4 or 5 during a peak holiday time) but during the off season you'll be lucky to get 2 days/week if your're one of the best.

Never getting a raise is intolerable! Pay us holiday pay on certain national holidays we work like Labor Day & especially on the 4th. of July, not doing so is not right & is un-American !! We're not your slaves. It's endlessly frustrating to me, my crew & supervisor that the big food corporations only care about their profits just as Crossmark does & not the financial security/lives of their employees by working 20+ demonstrators on a weekend & the rest of the week no one has any work. I saw in the company newsletter how the executives were patting themselves on the back about some new executive position that was created last year (probably with yet another "golden bonus") while none of got a raise or were paid holiday pay on key work days. This creates employee resentment toward management & increases worker turnover. Don't you want to keep the good/experienced employees & keep them happy? The corporate people writing some of the sales plans need to really step up their knowledge too. Some of the sales plans are very poorly written/wrong info & some are even completely blank!. If it wasn't for an experienced demonstrator selling the products you'd be out of a job! People want organic foods that aren't full of GMOs & carcinogenic preservatives/artificial sweeteners. If you want to really set your corporation apart & up to the top then get some ethics. Here's what you need to do: The organic/non-GMO foods get 1st. priority on weekends & a slightly discounted rate for demos. 2nd.: the ruthless Big Ag food companies who are slowly poisoning with all of their toxic ingredients should be made to pay more for demos & keep them on the weekdays. This will ethically balance out a few important things. One, it will keep the demo crews working a more robust part-time schedule all week-long. Two, club members will have more reason to shop during the week to improves sales/profits & three it will show Big Ag that if they make safer foods that it's less expensive than the toxic chemicals they're already using because we all know they are driven by profits. Start being more ethical & less greedy!

It's a solid part-time job if you have the time and patience to spare for it.

Former Employee - Retail Representative
    Former Employee - Retail Representative

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job came at a time when working full-time wasn't an option for me and it fit the bill. The process is a little enduring to work in the field, but you are told upfront it's mainly an independent job. You get your training online, and while you may have some training with a team leader in a store, you pretty much figure it out as you go along. The job is set to where you can get everything done in 2-3 days per week and make some extra cash for whatever you may need. The hours are store hours so you will never have to worry about anything late night or very early morning.

Cons

The training is not for those inexperienced in dealing with electronic devices. You're on your own if you have any trouble at the stores. The management at the various stores you will work in are not overly concerned with your tasks, so you may receive minimal cooperation. The driving can be a bit tedious if you have to travel within a 50 mile radius, so you have to plan your routes to cover the most mileage or you will be shorting yourself on your checks. Your supervisor and team leader will offer assistance but really you will just experience pressure to get your tasks in on time instead of getting help. At one point, one of my supervisors completely stopped talking to me and I was out of work with the company for 2 months. That's the distant situation you are in most times. If you can handle all of that, the job can take care of the utilities.

I would advise that there should be more communication between the management and employees. I would also suggest giving new employees a suggestion on how to plan their routes once in the store. Also, there should be more training offered on the actual work of the job, as most of the training revolves around general info on the company, which is good, but insufficient at times.

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!