CROSSMARK Reviews

584 reviews filtered by
2.9
CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock

Pros
  • Since, this employer offers part-time work-you may complete your work task conveniently (in 42 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay raises or much of any chances for growing with this company (in 29 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 45 reviews)

1. IT Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The location is great and the building was nice to office in. There are some talented people and the work atmosphere was great. There was a point in time when management changed and our new CIO was awesome. She had a vision and power to get things done. She was making progress like no other and making a huge difference with the direction of the company and IT..

Cons

It seems the IT division could never get the budget to do what was needed and so cutting corners was necessary. When management changed the last time I was there it went south. If you were not on board with a direction or management then you were a target for replacement. They also rotate IT management every 3 years which in turns starts a reset with projects and talent leaves. It was always expected to see churn every 3 years and lose some great people.

Advice to Management

Need to keep management for at least 5yr prior to changing them out. In addition retain your talent and empower them to make a difference will help differentiate you from the competition. Lastly if you are able to get someone like the CIO whom she was making a difference you will unstoppable.

2. Great place to learn

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at CROSSMARK as an intern

Pros

Learned some great insights into the CPG marketing industry

Cons

Work environment felt a little stuffy, not super laid back, but not too uptight at all

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people!

3. resets

I worked at CROSSMARK

Pros

fun people ywe good to wrk with

Cons

low pay or not enough money

5. Retail Specialist

Current Employee - Retail Specialist in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Specialist in Katy, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and diverse work. Now that I have qualified for a tablet, the reporting process is much simpler and cleaner.

Cons

It is only part-time. I have to work three different part-time jobs to make ends meet. Full time work with one company is my goal.

6. Merchandiser

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

would like to work more hours

7. Gained experience In merchandising

I worked at CROSSMARK

Pros

Learned how to read plan-o-grams and how to build cosmetic displays. Opportunities to lead projects. Learned the ins and outs of different retailers.

Cons

Lack of hours during down times. No benefits. traveling too far for very little work. Some store management can have very negative attitudes.

Advice to Management

Be more pro active when an associate expresses concern about store management. They are essentially helping the store out with work that they do not have to use their allotted hours for. The least management can do is be respectful when a representative is in their store.

8. retail merchandising rep

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

Early hours give you flexibility to have another part time job. Working with the team is great. Pretty much work on your own.

Cons

Would like full time work

9. Great company to work with for PT work

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Raymore, MO
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Raymore, MO

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company provides Part Time work for food and product demos in places like Sam's Club.

Cons

The pay is not that great compared to what I'm used to, however, it is still more than other Part Time opportunities and allows a somewhat flexible schedule.
    The worst part is having to stand the whole time. Although we have a mat to stand on, it is still hard on my feet.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to be able to have a stool to sit down when needed, especially when not many customers are around.

10. Event Specialist

Former Employee - Lead Event Specialist in Marina, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Event Specialist in Marina, CA

I worked at CROSSMARK (More than a year)

Pros

there are not hands on, your pretty much responsible for yourself.
    they pay quickly and through direct deposit

Cons

there real unofficial in the way they work. Such as on my first day I had no uniform, or script of any sorts, so that i could greet customers properly. They literally just threw me into the situation and was like figure it out. which is fine, but at the same time TERRIBLE business etiquette

Advice to Management

Its a bad idea to hire new employees and have them work with out meeting there boss, or have proper attire

11. It was friendly and relaxing.

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Was treated with respect and it was a very fun environment. There were a lot of customers to interact with on a daily basis.

Cons

There wasn't really much bad about this job except I wish there would have been more hours. I hardly ever worked.