CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

2.9

CROSSMARK CEO Ben Fischer
Ben Fischer

Pros
  • Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work (in 32 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company") (in 24 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Event Specialist easiest side job

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very easy job and simple. Flexible hours including most weekdays off which lets you get things done. Some of the management are very good at their job. Coworkers can be very headstrong in their position of rightness if they have been there for a long time.

Cons

Hours can be very unstable. Easy to feel trapped at position.

Loved the work hated not getting hours to work!

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Joplin, MO

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money is decent,and work schedule is just what I was looking for, liiked getting paid weekly.

Cons

Hours were not enough sometimes for the work week. Scheduling was unfair when new hires came in. Your hrs. Got cut to train new hires. If my manager liked you ,you got hrs., if not you got very few.

This company needs management to train their people not other employees. Be fair to all employed by the company ,the people come to work not have hours cut back because new hires come in.

Lots of room for improvement

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, travel for those who don't mind it. Fun work environment with co-workers at times. Decent pay and company credit card for hotels/food during travel weeks.

Cons

Overhead bosses that are not on sight do not care as much, all of the weight falls to hourly employees if there is a store problem, expected to work long hours or get off later than typical if the project is not on pace, no reimbursement for miles if you've worked over 40 hours that week (they say they'll use it to pay you when you have a week off or have no work scheduled...really shady to me.), no screening of part time temp workers- they just pulled them in from off the street/via Craigslist.

Do some research or keep a keen eye on your store reset crews, specifically those working within the Kroger company. Many of them are being worked like dogs and getting no recognition or proper compensation. Make it more aware that employees can come to you in a neutral environment if there are work issues and won't risk losing their jobs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, flexible job; there just aren't enough hours.

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely love my coworkers, my team leads, and my boss! They're very flexible when I need time off. It's a great weekend and seasonal job, especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Cons

I was told I would get a raise for every year I work. I've been in this job for two years and have not received a raise. The hours are very dismal at off-peak times. My boss tries the best she can to give us hours, but it's hard. I found new full-time work and now just work on Saturdays.

Please do some kind of annual review and give raises. We've done an excellent job at our store in Anchorage, Alaska, and it would be nice to receive some kind of reward for it.

Umm its okay

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Jackson, MS

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

hotel rooms, mileage reimbursement, pay is okay,

Cons

there are no pay raises at this company so don't even ask them they will try to get rid of you

give raises we are working hard for you the least you can do is help us out

Easy work, not stuck in an office all day!

Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Simple menial work for above minimum wage pay, mileage reimbursement, paid for drive time.

Cons

Pay is less than average for this type of work in my area.

Not bad

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Relaxed environment and attire, reasonable schedule, flexible management, opportunity to move around company (depending on who you're rubbed shoulders with)

Cons

A great deal of the staff have unpleasant attitudes, management not very personable (if you can even manage to find out who they are)

Flexible Part-time employment

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule. I have always been given the choice of the days that I am available to work. I couldn't ask for a better supervisor. No pay raises.

Cons

Not many hours when I really needed them. This is a seasonal job, centered around holidays, Christmas and Thanksgiving being the busiest.

How about a pay raise?

Demanding without Reward/Recognition

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation is decent if you're located near the facility of the events, commute can be beyond 40 miles on occasion. Mileage pay is at or below the minimum which doesn't encourage interaction between events teams; as well as removing incentive to drive for additional hours.

Benefits are on par with other companies including health, dental, vision, and 401k.

Time off is reasonable and varies by management.

A great company to work for if you want to build the experience, but advancement is limited. Primarily focused on sales and merchandising, there is a definite opportunity to build individual understanding of how important it is to business.

Cons

Extreme level of micromanaging! Even in a supervisor role you will be constantly hounded to provided clarification despite your ability to manage your designated events team. I've been in the position for over 2 years and still have to defend every decision made to improve my team.

Opportunity to advance is typically only available to those willing to relocate outside of their current state.

Work/Life balance is significantly sacrificed to meet company demands and often requires long hours outside of the office to maintain 'compliance'. Compliance is often changed and varies per individual; this needs to be standard across the company to avoid confusion and create a positive atmosphere.

Allow managers and supervisors to do their job, provide them the support to improve themselves and their respective teams!

Training individuals to improve their performance would be critical if you want events teams to exceed expectations. District and Regional Managers tend to focus on the smaller matters and drive focus on any negative experiences; rarely providing positive criticism and helpful insights to the improve.

Great people

Former Employee - Data Collection Associate  in  Athens, OH
    Former Employee - Data Collection Associate in Athens, OH

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

Bosses are laid back and allow you to get things done around your schedule.

Cons

Not enough work close to where i lived to support college student

non

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!