CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

CROSSMARK CEO Joe Crafton

Joe Crafton

Pros:
  • "Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work"
    in 30 reviews
  • "Flexible schedule and it's a Monday thru Friday work week"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company")"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Since June 1, 2013 all part time employees were cut back to 30 hours per week or less"
    in 31 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Merchandising

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Avondale, AZ

I have been working at CROSSMARK as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat pay very nice and efficient. All my interactions with this company have gone very well. They are very quick in all their responses and information that I have needed.

ConsNo con's as of yet. I have had no conflict with this company. I like the way the company is run thus far.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

great

Nampa, ID

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat job lots of customer contact

Constraining new employees are some job challeges

Excellent

Belmont, NC

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

ProsI loved working with the customers

ConsHeavy lifting, of boxes and the maneuverability of the cart.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the size of the cart and make it lighter and easier to move

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun job meeting the public

Quinlan, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

ProsLow stress, decent compensation for the area, got good education in the food industry, nice to meet the public and offer products, somewhat flexible if a day off or trade was needed. Great supervisor. Good paid training, all online. Paid reliably.

ConsWeekend job; had to work every weekend. Job was seasonal, so sometimes very little work, though usually there were 3 to 4 shifts a week. Poor car allowance if a job was over an hour away. Paid .40 per mile after first 50 miles.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to interview new candidates in person.

Overall easy and fun place to work.

Melbourne, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for more than a year

ProsVery flexible schedule, decent hourly pay, wonderful opportunities to advance and develop salesmanship.

ConsLess hours per week than what was promised and inconsistent weekly schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give accurate descriptions to new employees about the scheduling issues.

Super company to work for

Chambersburg, PA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Prosfun making new items, show customer the product, and watching their faces as they sample

Consset hours, easy to read event planners

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a discount card to use in Walmart, as this is there we do the demo at.

Working for crossmark has been a positive experience.

North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time for less than a year

ProsYou get paid every Friday which is a plus! Start off pay is 10.25 an hour which is great for college students. If you're lucky you'll have really amazing co-workers that you can bond with. Meeting new people that shop in the store.

ConsReally can't move up to higher position. Don't work enough days to really make ends meet so if you're looking for a full time job this isn't it. They pretty much hire anyone so that can become a problem with reliability and will cause your boss to call you in at literally 20 mins before a shift starts.

Crossmark pros and cons

Event Specialist (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get work experience, decent pay, the job can be quite fun. You do learn some new skills like team work and such. hours can be flexible, but it depends.

ConsSome workers in general can be very very unprofessional. Can be tiresome work. High-turner of supervisors. Some supervisors can be really rude. I only recommend this as a part time job for students. This should not be a career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to not only hear, but listen to feedback from your employees.

Great Company to work for

Retail Supervisor (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSeveral teams you can work for that can fit your need of days, hours or for supplemental income. PT Benefits are available and payday for Non-Salaried employees is every Friday. Company Bonus potential.

ConsWeekend Field Support or IT assistance is not as helpful on weekends for Weekend Teams. With teams in different states, it would be nice to have Field Support extend their hours of availablility.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget the little guys.

Innovative, Great Training, Promotional Opportunities, "Think Tank" Environment, Casual Office Environment

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can wear jeans to work, mentoring environment where you learn something new every day. Company investing in technology, training, innovation, category management certification training for analysts. Best practices and strategies shared across offices with interoffice technology and think tank meetings which are later formalized. Culture - office mgmt. does the fuzzy stuff with cube/office decorated on your b-day, potlucks, treats in break room.

ConsStarting pay is ok, but if you're good you get promoted quickly, and there is bonus potential. There wasn't formalized training when I started but that's changed over last year. Sales side of business still has some good ol' boys and gals that like to keep things "old school". Work/life balance can be challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in good people, technology, and look for areas of your business where you are understaffed. If you want to stop being a training ground for good talent consider other meaningful perks like flex work arrangements. We have great talent that is constantly being snatched up by other companies but can be prevented by something as simple as flex work arrangements, a bit more pay, or opportunity to offload some work.

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!

CROSSMARK – Why Work for Us?

FOUNDED IN 1905. EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS EVER SINCE. CROSSMARK is a leading sales and marketing services company in the consumer goods industry that expertly guides our clients along “The Way to Market” by delivering… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CROSSMARK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CROSSMARK CEO Joe Crafton. All 349 reviews posted anonymously by CROSSMARK employees.