CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

CROSSMARK CEO Ben Fischer

Ben Fischer

Pros
  • Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work(in 32 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company")(in 24 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours(in 39 reviews)

Excellent experience.

Event Specialist (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsBeing able to interact w people.

ConsThe arrogant people you run into

What to feel you belong in the company you work for?

Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsWorking with vendors , store personnel and customers. Great supervisor. steady pay. Friendly work between corp and employees.
    As long as you do the jobs assigned to you properly, there is no pressure.

ConsHours can change drastically week to week.. No raise incentive.

Advice to Senior Managementmake hrs more consistent for your employees

Flexible work environment.

Retail Representative (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsAble to schedule my work projects around my personal schedule.

ConsCompany is cutting back on hours, allowing 20 hrs per week. Not much to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementReducing hours for the people who are supporting the company in the field will only lead to the downfall o the company,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I really enjoy going to work the 2-3 days a week. Great balance between work and retirement.

In Store Demo Event Specialist (Current Employee) Brookfield, CT

Pros1. Meeting and having short-term relationships with the public in an nonthreatening environment.
    2. Trying new products, learning and then teaching members about these items.
    3. 2 or 3 days a week. LOVE that!!
    4. If you are VERY independent and do NOT need/want someone hovering over you this is a great job. All contact is via the Internet.

Cons1. Standing on your feet for 5 hours a shift.
    2. Maybe demonstrating a product you personally would not purchase, but having to convince the members to make the purchase.
    3. All contact is via the Internet.

Advice to Senior Management1. They are an Internet only based company for the In Store Demo Event Specialists. So follow through with much of anything is VERY slow and it is up to the employee to stay on top of any progress of their needs.

Good job if you don't need a lot of hours

Demo Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsEasy work, Pay on time and more consistent than IC brand ambassador work. If you work well, you get more hours.

ConsNot an over abundance of hours, on your feet for much of the day

Brokerage

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsFun.
    Easy Going.
    Little internal accountability.
    Friendships.
    Laid-Back.
    Social Hours & Social After Hours.

ConsTypical Brokerage. When something goes wrong with account, the account first points to brokerage. Contract always up-in-air --- Employment always at risk.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign accountability with accounts -- Drive true partnerships.

Not the best not the worst

Event Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsReally awesome people on my team. Fun & easy job. Hourly pay isn't bad. Good for extra income. If you have a passion for cooking/serving, this is a fun way to do it.

ConsRules seem to change a lot. Our team has had a hard time with good supervisors, they switch them around a lot/fire/replace. Hours are low unless it's a holiday. Not a job you can live off of alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication

Good job, bad hours

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prosgreat teammates, lots of solo opportunities, choose your own schedule, weekly pay

ConsNo supervisory activity (I've never met my supervisor). We don't have enough work to go around. No growth opportunity.

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure supervisors are qualified for management

Monotonous Recruiting Job

Retail Recruiter (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsEasy job, relaxed environment, nice cafeteria

Consno advancement opportunities, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to decide if quality or quantity is the priority...

Easy auditing and merchandising work.

ProsFreedom to set own schedule.

ConsErratic hours based on the whims of the client. Could go from 30 to 12 hours a week with little to no warning.
    Trying to motivate and work with apathetic individuals in the stores to complete goals.

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!