CROSSMARK Reviews

Reset
2.9
CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock

Pros
  • Better than average benefits for a part time position (in 42 reviews)

• flexible schedule and good benefits (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay raises or much of any chances for growing with this company (in 29 reviews)

• And not just for the part time employees - everyone (in 45 reviews)

1. Featured Review

great for a student in college

Current Employee - Lead Event Specialist in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Event Specialist in Concord, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very lenient schedule, weekly pay, always working no down time.

Cons

the way management is handled can be improved and communication.

Advice to Management

Let people talk to the people they have problems with instead of rumors causing problems.

Jul 7, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad the schedule works for you while you are pursuing a degree!

2. Event Specialist

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Mobile, AL

I have been working at CROSSMARK (More than a year)

Pros

The company abilities of being professional

Cons

Company need to consider full time employment as well.

Advice to Management

Great company, but needs full time positions also.

3. Nutrition Consultant

Current Employee - Pet Nutrition Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pet Nutrition Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet and work with friendly people and their pets. Flexibility. Respect for employees. Opportunities to assist pet parents in choosing wholesome, quality and lifestyle-appropriate nutrition. Greatest pleasure is helping new pet parents get started on the right foot by providing consultative advice and experiences.

Cons

Not enough useful, product information. No feedback after we provide HQ with important competitive, store or product issues. I receive more emails about special employee incentives for travel, computer offerings, cars, etc. than I do for useful, continuous learning information.

Advice to Management

Rethink IT infrastructure. Every time I log into email I receive at least 2-4 IT Alert messages/system problems. System configurations, sign-in, change password all need to be simplified for end-user. SalesTrak is very slow and not reliable. Help the NCs by keeping us informed about coming changes in Hill's products so we can be of greater, more knowledgeable help to store management and customer. We're the face of the product and the company. When we can provide value to the store and the customer, the company is successful.

Jul 27, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

Hi there! Thank you for your review - we're glad you are liking the position and working with animals! We are in the process of simplifying our systems, so we will be sure to pass your specific ... More

5. Great Company

I worked at CROSSMARK

Pros

Crossmark has an excellent work atmosphere. All coworkers are friendly and helpful. Crossmark provides ample opportunity for advancement and overall professional growth.

Cons

You must stay on top of management in order to advance within the company. You may be lost in the shuffle if you are passive about your career aspirations.

Advice to Management

My advise to management is to take more of an interest in providing the resources and tools for employee advancement.

Impressed

Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Fresno, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Weekly pay is nice! Supervisors are respectful and compassionate Communication is always clear Havent had any issues with co workers or supervisor in almost 3 years.

Cons

Competitive pay isnt where it should be yet; I see this changing soon because the company stays on top of things. Systems always changing.

Advice to Management

Consider experience when giving raises or even starting pay. I have been more than happy here, and everything about the business side of things is great, but i feel I should be making more than I am. Especially since I plan to be here long term, and have already been here almost 3 year with over 6 years experience. Young talent with a drive to move up the ladder and invest in your company should be taken care of, and met with competitive pay!! Everything else is great keep up the good work.

Jul 16, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

We're glad you love working here at CROSSMARK and hope to have you here for a long time! Thank you for that suggestion - we will be sure to look into ways to adjust wages based on experience.

7. Fun to work for, decent setup for part-time work

Former Employee - Pet Nutrition Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Pet Nutrition Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is along the lines of easy, no-pressure marketing, the work is not strenuous, and the hourly rate is good. I got $10/hour for talking to people and petting dogs (only after asking the owners, of course). Quizzes on pet food knowledge were useful and I learned a LOT.

Cons

Shifts are really short, and sometimes the locations you're assigned to might be a little far away, so transportation and gas money is a little bit of a stretch. Also, if you are looking for a full-time job, this is not where you want to look because there just aren't that many hours available. Makes sense, since you can't have representatives in stores all the time or people will just ignore them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with training employees and making them feel comfortable in the knowledge they can impart to potential consumers. :)

8. my experience

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the job was consistant and fun

Cons

i didn't like the fact that i had been singled out like a threat

Advice to Management

I am a hard worker come to work to get my job done and go home.

9. Depends who you work for

Former Employee - Retail Representative in Carbondale, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Representative in Carbondale, IL

I worked at CROSSMARK (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly easy-going work. Meeting new people, socializing, and the work is not tough. Depending on who is your supervisor, they will either care for their employees and productivity or do the minimum to collect their paycheck.

Cons

Part-time hours. One week you may get zero hours and one week you could get over thirty. If you work independently, it can be easy to just claim that you did the work and still collect a paycheck; it depends on your conscience on how long you intend to do this.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to either be passionate about your work and subordinates or find your new job quickly. The lowest level employees are the ones I've found with the best attitude and care for customers

10. Great if you want minimal hours

Current Employee - Retail Representative in Eustis, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Representative in Eustis, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the company offers flexible hours you can make your own schedule, no one looking over your shoulder or breathing down your neck. You receive the tickets, complete and turn in the work. They do pay for mileage and drive time if you visit more than one store that day.

Cons

Hours are very sparse, the company has been around for a while but still makes poor decisions like a new startup company. Depending on who your supervisor is you may or may not get the support you need.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring multiple reps for a single store, provide the reps that work in that store more hours. Offer more than just part time and be consistent with providing reps tickets.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

Hi there! We are actually working to employ your advice currently - keep an eye out for those opportunities!

11. Pretty Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family-friendly, reasonably flexible, good work atmosphere.

Cons

Pay scale isn't the best.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

We're glad you love working at CROSSMARK! Thank you for your feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed