CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014

Steve Schuckenbrock

Pros
  • Since, this employer offers part-time work-you may complete your work task conveniently (in 42 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay raises or much of any chances for growing with this company (in 29 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Flexible Part-time employment

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule. I have always been given the choice of the days that I am available to work. I couldn't ask for a better supervisor. No pay raises.

Cons

Not many hours when I really needed them. This is a seasonal job, centered around holidays, Christmas and Thanksgiving being the busiest.

How about a pay raise?

Demanding without Reward/Recognition

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is decent if you're located near the facility of the events, commute can be beyond 40 miles on occasion. Mileage pay is at or below the minimum which doesn't encourage interaction between events teams; as well as removing incentive to drive for additional hours.

Benefits are on par with other companies including health, dental, vision, and 401k.

Time off is reasonable and varies by management.

A great company to work for if you want to build the experience, but advancement is limited. Primarily focused on sales and merchandising, there is a definite opportunity to build individual understanding of how important it is to business.

Cons

Extreme level of micromanaging! Even in a supervisor role you will be constantly hounded to provided clarification despite your ability to manage your designated events team. I've been in the position for over 2 years and still have to defend every decision made to improve my team.

Opportunity to advance is typically only available to those willing to relocate outside of their current state.

Work/Life balance is significantly sacrificed to meet company demands and often requires long hours outside of the office to maintain 'compliance'. Compliance is often changed and varies per individual; this needs to be standard across the company to avoid confusion and create a positive atmosphere.

Allow managers and supervisors to do their job, provide them the support to improve themselves and their respective teams!

Training individuals to improve their performance would be critical if you want events teams to exceed expectations. District and Regional Managers tend to focus on the smaller matters and drive focus on any negative experiences; rarely providing positive criticism and helpful insights to the improve.

Great people

Former Employee - Data Collection Associate in Athens, OH
    Former Employee - Data Collection Associate in Athens, OH

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bosses are laid back and allow you to get things done around your schedule.

Cons

Not enough work close to where i lived to support college student

non

Needs to be avoided.

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Descent salary for supervisors. I am sure that other supervisors may have had a better experience.

Cons

All hiring handled out of Texas leaving may venues short of necessary staffing to accomplish the assigned mission. Rolling out to many turn overs at once meaning there is a lack of support for those being held responsible.

Even Handed

Former Employee - Retail Supervisor of Events in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Supervisor of Events in Houston, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management was friendly, interacting, cooperative and assisted with projects, special situations and produced increased sales. Overall the experience was good, challenging and eye opening.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated, with no respect from people above you. Training was necessary and not given in many instances.

Try to appreciate the people working for you. The hours were extremely long and average pay per hour got so low, it was close to minimum wage.

Communication anyone???

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Lake Delton, WI
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Lake Delton, WI

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

if you want flexibility then this is a job for you.

Cons

There is almost no communication here. I have tried and tried so then I have to guess what I am doing. They pay you the same amount and add two or three showcase items to your demonstration event. How dumb is it to do fruit and a new release dvd. Who thinks this crap up? You can't be honest with them, cause no one cares except for the bottom line.

Communicate, Communicate and communicate some more. Also, pay your employees for each product done, not lets shove three random product in one event and stiff the employee. People are getting sick of this and finding ways to get their moneys worth from your company in other ways.

Project Administrator for the Samsung Dedicated Team

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Plano, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great corporate office
    Kitchen personnel is top-notch; even better food!
    "Okay" benefits

Cons

Poor pay
    Overworked
    Extremely poor management
    Unrealistic expectations

Show more respect for your team members

Lead by example.

Don't leave your employees hanging / waiting for responses.

Listen - asking the same questions 5 times a week shows poor listening skills and is extremely unprofessional.

Be accountable - don't throw your employees under the bus when the client isn't pleased.

Support your team - Hire additional support when you take on more business. Instead of promising the client you can get it done when you know deep down the team doesn't have the man power to meet deadlines.

I could keep going on and on.. but you get the drift..

Client Services Manager

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depending on the department you are in - you can get decent work experience.

Cons

The upper management in my department do not listen to suggestions from their employees, and provide unrealistic expectations to the client. There is little work-life balance, and the range in pay is huge - even for the same job title.

Listen to the employees' suggestions, and contributions.

ended badly

Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Crossmark Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I heard rumors that if the company decided to downsize, they would invent assignments or state that you missed performing some type of duty to eliminate your position. I had never heard of a company that did this. Well, I completed my week in Los Angeles and on Friday night my mgr called me that I had not completed everything I was assigned to do on Thursday, which happened to be stocking 5 - 10 # bags of dog food that was found in the back room, obviously out of my sight. ! I told her I was in San Diego and would do it on Monday, she said you have to come back and finish doing this project by tomorrow at 7AM. I refused. Because of my refusal I was labeled as insubordinate, not dependable, and I was terminated. However, first I was asked to train a "new employee" that would be working another territory. No sooner was she trained than I was terminated. I had to meet my mgr at headquarters Irvine, drop off my rental car, and my equipment that was in the trunk. Then I was embarrassed by my Mgr that had reported my "action" to the District Mgr. I was then told to provide my own transportation back home (Glendale!). It was a hefty $60 Taxi ride, that I had to pay.

Cons

Learning a new software program for navigation and mileage that Crossmark had purchased, I believe that there are other ways of terminating employment than harassing, and humiliating an employee.

I had worked for the company for 3 years, and several others over the previous 12 years, without any negative input from my supervisors or store mgrs.,. I believe that I should have been provided the chance to correct the mistake I made!

Great part time and supplemental income.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in State College, PA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Crossmark frequently offers you extra projects, if you wish to accept them for extra money. They don't force you to accept projects. I've worked the same 5 weekly projects for 4 years and it's been steady.

Cons

No raises, but I'm actually content.

A raise after 4 years would be appreciated.