CROSSMARK

CROSSMARK Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

CROSSMARK CEO Ben Fischer

Ben Fischer

Pros
  • Company has some advantages for folks looking for part time, weekend or through the week work (in 32 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no pay raises but there are pay decreases (as I was told "for the good of the company") (in 24 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee nearly 4 years.

Retail Representative (Current Employee) Pine Bush, NY

ProsGenerally it is a Mon - Fri with no nights or holidays. Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks. A slight pay advantage exists if you take a team lead or mentor position.

ConsThere is a no raise policy. Being a team lead or a mentor offers 50 cents more per hour but only during a mentoring or team lead task.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the no raise policy. Employees need incentive and it is reasonable to expect to be rewarded for consistent, quality work. Training was non existent when I started but is better now due to the mentor project.

Nice job if only you were treated and paid like a professional.

Retail Representative (Current Employee)

ProsSome flexibility in scheduling. Ability to work on your own. Interacting with a lot of different people at different job sites. Challenging work, always busy.

ConsLow pay for all asked for on the job. Hard to get paid for all your hours. Hours are reduced so company does not have to provide health care.

Great part-time job with a dedicated team. Wonderful manager!

Crossmark Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThis was my first experience for a broker so I have nothing to compare it to.

ConsThe Dedicated Team I worked for slashed its budget 50% for 2014 and I was downsized. They need to revisit mileage reimbursement and printing/copies reimbursement. $.6 a copy is VERY low. After all, there are print cartridges that have to be bought.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let your client run YOUR business!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not too bad to work for

Data Collection Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosset your own schedule, work when you want to. such an easy job.

ConsNo support from management. I have sent several emails to my old and new supervisor with questions about work, and have never received a response. My old supervisor would not answer her phone and if you left a message she would never return the call. Low pay and hourly pay incentive is a joke. I actually make more money if I work slower, and forget trying to understand how they breakdown any of the incentive money, you'll never be able to figure out their crackpot accounting!

Started Great and then hours disappeared and management stopped responding.

SRE (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsOwn schedule, Flexible Hours,

ConsLittle contact with minimal training, no chance for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter direct one on one communication

Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe money was fine. Working conditons good.

ConsWorking weekends was not fune.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan more week day events.

Tucson Merchandiser

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGreat work environment, yearly raises, no work goes overlooked, easy if you are trained properly.

Consinexperienced co workers cause more responsibilities to fall into my lap

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep better lower level help

This is a good job, although it does not pay enough.

Retail Representative (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsMake your own schedule as long as you cover assigned stores.

ConsPay is really not commensurate with job duties/responsibilities. Raises are non existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview pay for field personnel.

Awful.

ProsOK to take a job here if you are very desperate for money and no one else will hire you. Always trying to cheat employees out of hours and always freeloading the employees belonging.

ConsPoorly mismanaged. Managers conduct audits as part of a witch hunt to harass and intimidate employees - called a "write up" in the trade.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's easy to criticize but hard to do better - keep this in mind during store audits. Is this an audit or a witch hunt?

Good company, average pay

Crossmark Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule and it's a Monday thru Friday work week.

ConsA lot of time spent driving in a very large territory. The company does not provide company cars, so you place a lot of wear and tear on your personal vehicle.

Advice to Senior ManagementVehicle allowance and mileage reinbursement does not adquately cover the cost of using personal vehicles. A equitable solution needs to be reached.

Worked for CROSSMARK? Contribute to the Community!