CROSSMARK Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

my experience

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the job was consistant and fun

Cons

i didn't like the fact that i had been singled out like a threat

Advice to Management

I am a hard worker come to work to get my job done and go home.

Depends who you work for

Former Employee - Retail Representative in Carbondale, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Representative in Carbondale, IL

I worked at CROSSMARK (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly easy-going work. Meeting new people, socializing, and the work is not tough. Depending on who is your supervisor, they will either care for their employees and productivity or do the minimum to collect their paycheck.

Cons

Part-time hours. One week you may get zero hours and one week you could get over thirty. If you work independently, it can be easy to just claim that you did the work and still collect a paycheck; it depends on your conscience on how long you intend to do this.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to either be passionate about your work and subordinates or find your new job quickly. The lowest level employees are the ones I've found with the best attitude and care for customers

Impressed

Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Fresno, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Weekly pay is nice! Supervisors are respectful and compassionate Communication is always clear Havent had any issues with co workers or supervisor in almost 3 years.

Cons

Competitive pay isnt where it should be yet; I see this changing soon because the company stays on top of things. Systems always changing.

Advice to Management

Consider experience when giving raises or even starting pay. I have been more than happy here, and everything about the business side of things is great, but i feel I should be making more than I am. Especially since I plan to be here long term, and have already been here almost 3 year with over 6 years experience. Young talent with a drive to move up the ladder and invest in your company should be taken care of, and met with competitive pay!! Everything else is great keep up the good work.

Jul 16, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

We're glad you love working here at CROSSMARK and hope to have you here for a long time! Thank you for that suggestion - we will be sure to look into ways to adjust wages based on experience.

5. Fun to work for, decent setup for part-time work

Former Employee - Pet Nutrition Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Pet Nutrition Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is along the lines of easy, no-pressure marketing, the work is not strenuous, and the hourly rate is good. I got $10/hour for talking to people and petting dogs (only after asking the owners, of course). Quizzes on pet food knowledge were useful and I learned a LOT.

Cons

Shifts are really short, and sometimes the locations you're assigned to might be a little far away, so transportation and gas money is a little bit of a stretch. Also, if you are looking for a full-time job, this is not where you want to look because there just aren't that many hours available. Makes sense, since you can't have representatives in stores all the time or people will just ignore them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with training employees and making them feel comfortable in the knowledge they can impart to potential consumers. :)

Great if you want minimal hours

Current Employee - Retail Representative in Eustis, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Representative in Eustis, FL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the company offers flexible hours you can make your own schedule, no one looking over your shoulder or breathing down your neck. You receive the tickets, complete and turn in the work. They do pay for mileage and drive time if you visit more than one store that day.

Cons

Hours are very sparse, the company has been around for a while but still makes poor decisions like a new startup company. Depending on who your supervisor is you may or may not get the support you need.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring multiple reps for a single store, provide the reps that work in that store more hours. Offer more than just part time and be consistent with providing reps tickets.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

Hi there! We are actually working to employ your advice currently - keep an eye out for those opportunities!

Retail Supervisor of Events

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the less stress management positions to be found. Perfect for self starters who have had experience in management and can get their work done in a relaxed atmosphere. Help is a call away. A very fun job with benefits. Great job with holidays off and no evening hours past 6.

Cons

Wages under similar positions with other companies. Not full control on staff hiring may end up understaffed or overstaffed while need to meet sales progress is the goal. Staff needs to understand they may only work 1 to 3 days depending on needs of the company it is a part time only position with currently no pay raise for the demo team and very low pay raise for the managers. Perfect job for someone who just wants an easier management job but has their own finances backing them as the pay does not pay all bills, unless you wish to work on your 2 days off.

Advice to Management

Review pay rate for the area living cost as the cost varies in areas and states it is only sensible to take this in consideration to your full time staff. Also to be more comparable to the competitions employee pay rate.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

We're glad that you liked the job overall! We are working to do exactly what your advice is currently! Be sure to keep an ear open for updates once it is completed!

8. Trade Marketing Analyst

Current Employee - Trade Marketing Analyst Team Lead in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Trade Marketing Analyst Team Lead in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at CROSSMARK (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and nice office atmosphere.

Cons

THE PAY IS TERRIBLE. When a position is open they hire from the outside instead of giving current employees a chance.

Advice to Management

If someone is a good worker and excels, promote from with in.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

Thank you for that feedback and we will be sure to pass it along to the proper channels.

9. Pretty Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CROSSMARK (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family-friendly, reasonably flexible, good work atmosphere.

Cons

Pay scale isn't the best.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

We're glad you love working at CROSSMARK! Thank you for your feedback.

10. District Supervisor

Former Employee - District Manager in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - District Manager in Appleton, WI

I worked at CROSSMARK (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of options for advancement

Cons

A lot of good people that made the company what it is was let go.

Advice to Management

no issues

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

We're glad you enjoyed working with us! We are always working to grow and innovate within the market. Thank you again for your service with CROSSMARK!

11. New Hires Need Proper Training in All Areas of Assigned Duties

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, Easy Work, Work alone or with in a team setting, Opportunity to correspond with Managers and Associates in different retail, hardware, grocery, pharmacy and mass merchant stores

Cons

I was never trained or worked along side anyone unless I was doing a total line reset. I had 3 different supervisors within the first 2 yrs of employment and the first two I had never even met and only spoke to no more than 3 total times.

Advice to Management

Make sure every territory assistant gets the proper training and knows what will fail their store visits.

Jul 23, 2015 – Digital Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we are working to enhance our training program currently. Stay tuned for more updates!

RSS Feed </> Embed