CROSSMARK

Updated January 22, 2015
2.9

CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock

Pros
  • Since, this employer offers part-time work-you may complete your work task conveniently (in 42 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay raises or much of any chances for growing with this company (in 29 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Difficult company to work for...

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Normal, IL

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

When I stared over six years ago I was scheduled to work up to 27 hours per week. Currently scheduled one to two days a week (6-12 hours). In the beginning the company listened to what we had to say. Wanted our input. No longer the case. Just do as you are told.

Cons

After six years and being promised a raise five years ago still at my starting rate. Management has very little understanding of what we do. The assignments are sent to your computer and you execute them. Many times the instructions are not clear or it is not possible to accomplish the task as instructed. Yet, you are told to do it exactly as it is written. Current supervisor gives little instruction just rules by fear of discharge. No longer fun.

Work in the store. Do the job for a whole shift or a couple of days. It is different in front of the customer than it is in front of your computer or in a conference room.

Retail rep

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Great at everything. No complaints

Cons

Not vary many hours

Let PT people work more than one job

Anyone can supervise

I worked at CROSSMARK

Pros

Pay is cool, better in 2012

Cons

Supervisor kind of not good

Promote worthy people

So Far, So Good...

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The recruiter that I worked with was very helpful as questions came up about the position that I was applying for. the "On-Boarding" process was confusing at times - so many "hoops" to jump through, it felt like. But that just may be because of the "remote-hiring" situation. I never meet anyone in person before being hired. It was all over the internet and on the phone. The field personnel were great to work with when I finally got an assignment in a store. Every day is a new adventure, which for some could be a challenge, but others find that it keeps life interesting.

Cons

The benefit system is interesting to try to figure out. I have other health insurance, so I am not as concerned about it as someone who may not have any other health insurance.

Domain allows for great combination of web and mobile solutions

Former Employee - Applications Architect in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Architect in Plano, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people. Interesting project. A place with a combination of web and mobile.

Cons

Health benefits could be better. Management can do a better job with vision and delegation.

Improve compensation package.

I love this type of work, and my immediate supervisor is awesome, however the company itself is gotten too big to care.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love being able to be super flexible with my scheduling, and the mileage and drive time reimbursements are decent compared to many other similar companies. My immediate supervisor does everything he can to get me as much or as little work as I want. If you are just looking for something to do part time this is the perfect job.

Cons

Some of the cons are that no one can get a raise, even if your supervisor thinks you should get one. They don't do any type of employee reviews. For having so many employees, many times projects are very chaotic and don't seem to put together as well as they could have been. The more flexible you are, meaning being able to be called Monday morning to go to another state 10 hours away if you leave immediately, the more opportunities are available. If you need a steady paycheck this isn't the company to work for.

My advice to management: Get out of the office more and see what actually happens in the store day to day, stop just relying on a computer programs. You really need to read all these reviews and take some action, if you want your employees to have any kind of dedication to this specific company, then you need to hear them. Communication between all levels of management and your employees desperately needs to improve. Employees just want to feel that the company does actual care and does try to listen to the ideas of those who are actually doing this work. When you have the majority of your employees having absolutely no real loyalty to your company they aren't able to give each project 100%. This company could be so much greater by taking just a few tips from those of us who feel you are viewing us as easily replaceable. Your training also leaves much to be desired, I have ran into at least 10 new employees just this year who had a million questions because I have been the first co worker they have met in the 3 months since they have been hired. The company has the potential, management just needs to find it, and you can find it in your employees!

At your desk all day

Current Employee - Business Analyst/Financial Administrator in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst/Financial Administrator in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours were very consistent. Got to leave an hour early every Friday as a benefit.

Cons

very little structure no one person knows what you are doing on a daily basis. Which leads to having too much thrown at you at once. If you can't multi task forget about getting anything done. Just a very disjointed position.

Add structure and make sure you truly understand the workload given to the role. Sometimes wearing too many hats just doesn't work.

Great starting point

I have been working at CROSSMARK

Pros

Company is changing positively. Good management.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep supporting local teams.

It Got Me Thru Some Challenging Times

Former Employee - Data Collection in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Data Collection in White Plains, NY

I worked at CROSSMARK

Pros

Ability to learn about retail marketing management as well as Pharmaceutical Policies. Flexible Scheduling and ability for additional projects also a good thing.

Cons

Some strenuous work and poor hourly wage.

Raise your wages for those who work several years. It will help having to constantly look for replacements.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Food Demonstrator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Food Demonstrator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time

Pros

Fun job
    Good, hard-working staff
    Clean environment

Cons

Would be nice to get a commission on products sold.

good work