CROSSMARK

1 Review

CROSSMARK CEO Steve Schuckenbrock
Steve Schuckenbrock
1 Rating

Pros
  • Since, this employer offers part-time work-you may complete your work task conveniently (in 42 reviews)

• Somewhat flexible schedule except when there are hard dated tasks (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay raises or much of any chances for growing with this company (in 29 reviews)

• You'd have to work "part time" for a lot of merchandising companies to keep full time hours (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Retail Supervisor, "don't work here if you want to move up."

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor of Events in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor of Events in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job, just an inch better than being unemployed.
    Take home technology.
    Part timers get paid weekly
    Full timers get... Well they have a job so I guess that's good enough right? (That's how this company thinks)
    Good place to work if you like being micromanaged.

Cons

Supervisors work 60+ hrs per week and make less than 40k/yr.
    No raises,
    Below standard benefits,
    Disrespectful and myopic leadership.
    No room for growth-No matter what anybody tells you.
    Federal minimum reimbursement for mileage is $.55, at CROSSMARK it's $.31
    This company has no relevant standing in the retail community, so your resume is almost worthless if you don't appropriately explain the purpose of your role in this company.
    No concept of "work and life balance"

Crossmark, I hope you are paying attention. If you found this, you are probably a concerned manager looking for reasons as to why your turnover is high, or why your employment ratings are low. Open your eyes and ears. If you want people to stay, give them a reason to stay, offer raises or better benefits or ... You know what? How about you just start there. When new hires are coming into entry level positions and make more per hour than team leads, your team leads that have been around for a few years are going to leave. If you don't offer competitive pay to supervisors and can't adjust for cost of living and then treat them like garbage, you can't expect them to stick around and allow themselves to be abused. Nothing is more humiliating to a field manager of more than 30 people in this company and see another person doing the same exact job for another company, but with more freedom, more pay, and better benefits. Even of you are reading this, I know you won't do anything about it, I have been posting on this site for years and you haven't changed anything. I have sent you APA format papers on the subject, and you've done nothing beneficial. I work very hard, so that someone else can live in luxury while I scrape the withered barrel for my portion. For everyone else reading this: this company is a stepping stone to other things. Do not work for CROSSMARK longer than you have to, they will ruin your life, and find a way to benefit from your corpses.