CRS Group

Updated December 31, 2014
3.2

Michael Gaines
1 Rating

CRS is a great place to work for someone that loves learning something new everyday

Former Intern - Legal Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Legal Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at CRS Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good hours. Great conversations with very smart people. Location in Washington D.C. is amazing. There is also a real feeling of accomplishment when your report is used by Congress to change or inform active legislation. Good job security too.

Cons

They pay is not the best for the skill set you bring to the table. Often the work can be frustrating when it is not used for its intended purpose.

Nothing. Management is working within its mandate and should make sure to keep the organization's name pristine as it has done in the past.

Dead end.

Current Employee - Helpdesk in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Helpdesk in New Albany, OH

I have been working at CRS Group

Pros

It's a steady paycheck.

Cons

They offered absolutely nothing past a straight hourly wage. No chance for a raise ever. At one point a woman in HR ignored my attempted contact for weeks. Just to tell me what they advertised isn't offered and personally insulted my mother. Who does this in business? Not one concern about this from management despite repeated attempts. When they finally offered health insurance (pre Obamacare) it was terribly expensive. My personal plan at the time was 40% less than what they offered with much better coverage on my end. I have the feeling they went with the most expensive plan they could find knowing nobody could afford it with what they pay.

Live up to what you advertise. Time and a half for mandatory holidays would be a good way to build loyalty. 401k, sick days and vacations shouldn't be reserved for office employees only. Your contractors, the ones earning and bringing in your money, would appreciate something more than the nothing optional that you offer.

Great people, great clients, great work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at CRS Group

Pros

Commitment to success internally and externally. 2nd to none clientele with a Long history of customer success stories. Premier Chicago-bases MBE with passionate focused workforce where diversity and inclusion are part of the fabric that makes CRSGroup great.

Cons

Itasca is centrally located, however it is a bit unknown and not downtown if that is your desired work location.

How do you see your website fitting into your overall sales and marketing picture as well as a tool for your employees, consultants and customers?

Satisfactory

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Itasca, IL

I have been working at CRS Group

Pros

Family First organization allows you to keep things balanced at home, which inturn allows you to do focus at work and do well.

Cons

the way the management team treats some of the employees. Not everyone is treated equally. Communication from management to the employees can improve.

becareful what you wish for and how you approach change, because what goes around comes around. Be courteous to all as you never know who is saying what.