CRST Expedited

Cameron Holzer

Driver

Former Employee - Driver/Trainer  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Driver/Trainer in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

Good free training contract & good training, newer equipment, rapid advancement.
    I had a great dispatcher! (Scott Nelson)

Cons

Not much time @ home but typical for OTR jobs

Be more flexible with time off. 4 weeks on 1 week off doesn't seem unreasonable.

be careful

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

Pros

they got me in a truck, I made at least the minimum wage allowed by federal law

Cons

They ripped me off. Two years ago I was stuck in the Georgia Heat wave with no fuel. the system was down. I asked dispatch if I could put my own money in for the fuel to get rolling and was given a quick yes for that. I spent over a month of Transflo-ing my 450.00 dollar receipt. My fleet manager Austin just kept telling me to send it in. I quit and for two years I repeatedly sent in request to get paid to the HR department. The only response I got was an invitation to come back and work for them again. Their twenty ten schedule doesn't work. Night crew always comes in and pulls your load and gives it to somebody else and always on friday. So you just sit the whole weekend and make no money. This is company policy they don't tell you about in the training. Don't work for these people if you can avoid it.

ZIP

Swing Low Sweet Golden Chariot

Current Employee - Professional Truck Driver  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Professional Truck Driver in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

It is a quick way to get your cdl if you can't afford the school for yourself. Hot Guys, and Girls work in dispatch, HQ.
    they hire anyone with a pulse and a body temperature of 98.6 roughly and 22 chromosomes. (but that is questionable).

Cons

Uh Grab a Snickers* you will be here a while
           firstly Will the driver whom removed the brain from Maintenance please return it..they have been lacking it long before I even started
            secondly the night crew has no clue what goes on in a truck or how it operates
            thirdly the maintenance would rather you drive on old tires that are questionable at best.
            to get a tractor fixed it takes forever and a day while the maintenance crew plays keep-a-way with the only brain there
          the QUALCOMMs are really reconditioned Speak-N-Spells
          the freightliners are about as rough a ride as buck board manure wagon and constantly needing repairs
          the employees never take trailers to be serviced when needed. A lot of buck passing
          Planning constantly canceling loads or making impossible time frames for delivery.
          there computers are not much better than an ancient abacus. they often remove their shoes for numbers larger than ten.

Hire plenty of Gentlemen and Ladies with a brains and knowledge of trucking...retired drivers will do nicely in both fleet management and maintenance. find that brain and open up your wallet for new computers for the FMS and QUALLCOMMs with navigation for the drivers to plan routes and save fuel and time. I could be spending my time making loads instead of waiting for them to decide my tire gets changed. You need better people that will put their heart into the job

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wasted Nine Months of my Life at Riverside Terminal as a Safety Trainer...being harassed and bullied!

Former Employee - Safety Trainer  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Safety Trainer in Riverside, CA

Pros

There are no Pros with this company. Do NOT even bother stopping in OR calling! PERIOD!

This one Safety Trainer would treat the DRIVERS like children and made statements like...THEY AND THEM AND THOSE DRIVERS ARE.... You complete the sentence....

I thought that was callous and rude and uncalled for...as I AM A DRIVER FIRST....and I remember when I was new as well in the transportation field and needed guidance and structure from good leaders, managers and support staff. NOT FROM CLOWNS AND STAFF WITH NO PROFESIONAL DECORUM.

Cons

MAKE ONLY $45,000 A YEAR! I took a pay cut to join that miserable team of imbeciles.

With my years of experience and ability to really communicate with the employees, drivers like myself, but from a Safety and Training standpoint made one individual completely mad and perturbed with my ability to teach and train. Which made work horrible and unwelcomed on a daily basis. Yet, I still performed for US the DRIVERS...which I always indicated...I WAS FIRST and ALWAYS WILL BE! A driver. Where you all end up as drivers or management....REMEMBER my MOTTO! BE PERFECT, PERFECT RIGHT TURNS, PERFECT BACKING....BE PERFECT.

I have no advice to management! The best advice to give is often to defer from giving any advice. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! Keep up the good work! Wasted (9) nine months of my life there!

Their 28 Day "Lead Driver" Program is a JOKE!!

Former Employee - Team Driver (Newly Trained)  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Team Driver (Newly Trained) in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

For an 8 month commitment, they WILL give you every opportunity to earn your CDL. Their "company owned" equipment isn't more than 3 years old.

Cons

If you are trained by them, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT accept a "Lead Driver" that is one of their so-called "owner-operators" (they have "leased" the equipment from CRST). These are mostly very young, extremely immature control-freak morons with VERY LITTLE to actually "teach" you. They do NOT give a damn about most of the Company policy you've just learned, nor do they consider themselves obligated by it. They "hijack" your logs on the Qualcomm, and believe that they "own" you while you are a "guest" (actually co-driver!) in THEIR little fiefdom.

I was abandoned TWICE at truck stops. First, because I asked too many questions, and the guy was so totally embarrassed and ashamed by his inability to back into spaces. The second time was because I reported safety and policy violations to a so-called Student Liaison that were ABSOLUTELY jeopardizing my new, CLEAN CDL. We were told "protect your CDL"... bull!!!

Communication between departments at their Cedar Rapids home is beyond horrible. They always "pass the buck", respond VERY slowly (if at all), and couldn't care less about newly trained drivers that are COMMITTED to drive for them. It is so obvious in EVERY decision they ever make that the "cheapest" way is ALWAYS the best way.

They purport to be so cognizant about "safety, safety, safety"... what an absolute LIE. Just look at their FMCSA scores. They reward IDIOTS that are NOT TEACHERS by any means, and have utter disregard for Company safety rules and policy. All CRST cares about is how much they EARN for CRST. They are a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Closely evaluate those holding positions of responsibility in your organization. They are sweeping very important safety violation information "under the carpet" for the sole purpose of saving you $$ in the SHORT term and looking good for it.

Do you realize just how much your owner-ops disrespect CRST and essentially disregard your "BS" safety policies? You recruited me, trained me, got me "totally on-board" with all the speeches and talk of how the Company "so-cares" about me... then sent me out not once, but TWICE with utterly incompetent FOOLS that can't and don't teach and they themselves openly say that management at CRST sucks!! Senior management better wake up- SOON.

I so wanted to do great for you, but was abandoned twice by your drivers, then UTTERLY abandoned by your asinine Fleet Managers and HR department. My only real recourse is to warn potential recruits (mostly "desperate" people) about how they will be treated, and confirm to the "trucking industry" that your negative "reputation" is WELL EARNED!!

CRST Expedited Response

Jul 24, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Our efforts to provide a top notch training experience for each of our newly hired professional drivers is something we take very seriously. We regularly evaluate our lead drivers to ensure their ... More

Revolving door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Revolving door. Total disconnect between management and employees

Listen to the employees with experience. Most of your upper management has no experience in the field and no understanding of what really occurs.

CRST Expedited Response

Jul 23, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry you feel this way about your position. We would really like to discuss this with you to make this the best experience possible. Please reach out to anyone ... More

Team Company Driver

Former Employee - Team Truck Driver  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Team Truck Driver in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

They gave me a start in my driving career, i would recommend anyone that have very little expericence to none to give them a try...

Cons

we didnt get home as often as we like but i did enjoy myself....free vacay

Excellent co. to work for w/full support

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Riverside, CA

Pros

I make over $1000 weekly,have full support for everyone,my fleet manager(ZMAN) GOES OUT OF HIS WAY TO KEEP ME ROLLING! He is the best. Great bennys, home when I want,great equipment! A pleasure to work for this co.

Cons

there is none if you do your job they will support you 100%

Keep Mr. Zach Klein happy and promote him as he is the best!

driver

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

help me begin my driver career with no previous driving experience...would recommend it for anyone that has little to know driving experience

Cons

expect to be out long than what they tell you...they will always keep u far away from your home so it would be impossible for u to get home

none

difficult,i was new to trucking,if you get through your first year-things get pretty cool

Former Employee - Driver  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Driver in Riverside, CA

Pros

newest top uf the line volvo 780's,freightliner cascadias,etcpay every tuesday and thursday,lots of loads to haul ,zero downtime,the best 13 million dollar terminal at riverside,the people will give you space to unwind between runs--really i wish all trucking was this cool

Cons

they act as though you are stupid and their slave--but when you figure out the scam--you have control over them--remember-if you don't haul the load--they don't make the money

take away the power from driver managers to play stupid games

Worked for CRST Expedited? Contribute to the Community!