CRST International Reviews

Updated March 11, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
2.0
David L. (Dave) Rusch

1. This is my 3rd time I have worked for tgem and I have never been more frustrated ever.

Current Employee - Lead Driver
    Current Employee - Lead Driver

I have been working at CRST International

Pros

Good money, the pay is decent.

Cons

There is alot of equipment issues, and it seems that i have a lot if diwn time out on the road

Advice to Management

Get better equipment and do better planning

Responese to CRST HR...

Former Employee - VRT in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - VRT in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at CRST International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I posted a review of this company....and it seems it has many names...CRST Expedited-CRST International-CRST Malone...not to mention their Pacer container division....their Ryerson steel dedicated division...their Home depot dedicated divisions....their STI division...their Besl division...
    The company responded to my review by saying I could contact there HR Dpt. if I had a problem...but they are a part of the problem.They did not listen to my complaints when I was working for them....so I don't think they will listent to me now as a former employee.
    This is the same HR department that did not pay me for 3 MONTHS due to their screw ups....and this happened TWICE!Not just me....but at least 6 employees who worked withing 100ft of me...that had the same problem!
    Can you imagine how many OTHER people had the same problem?
      I had to borrow money from my ROTH to get me through this screw up....and then they SCREWED UP the ROTH loan!
      I swear to GOD...the best thing I can say is to quote a note posted on GOOGLE for a store-"These people are pants on head stupid!!"...and that includes their HR Dpt.
      As I said...top to bottom...I don't know how these guys stay in business.Or why they don't want to improve and have better relations with ALL of their employees-office staff ...and the most important part...their DRIVERS!
    Hey...they can pay for their Masarati's...their 7mil$ houses...so they really don't care about the rest....

Cons

Read above...after 8yrs...trying to make it..and make a change...anybody who lists a good review of this company is either on drugs...or current manegment...I have seen too many people quit...disscusted...frustrated....punching out their monitor....beating up their phone....,calling in to threaten to shoot employees...even the women that work at the main office are scared at night by their open office policy considering the people they hire for their drivers.....

Advice to Management

They wont take advice.....not real advice...like talking to their people.

3. Run far away

I have been working at CRST International

Pros

None that I know of

Cons

Treats you like a Hebrew slave

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and if they're diagnosed with a new medical condition have some sort of empathy

5. Cookie Cutter Big Wheel Drivers

I worked at CRST International (more than a year)

Pros

Job. No super-tight deliveries unless its a "Hot Load" Your assumed to be incompetent so your not expected to perform...well.

Cons

Driving with psychopaths and dysfunctional egos that never sleep...disrespect when you sleep (ie) jerking the truck bobtail or loaded....nightmare. Drive 10 months and leave for solo. Don't listen to the 1 Year BS or better yet do a full year and take ANY job you can have a life and a living wage. Small truck companies can be just a small "wanna-be version of the Big Family CRST..or worse!................BEWARE. BEWARE and good luck to you.

Advice to Management

None you are what you are.

6. New acquisition in 2011 by CRST

I worked at CRST International

Pros

Needs plenty of help finding who they want to be in the trucking industry.

Cons

Service is 7-10 days anywhere you want service. Driver comp is way too high causing uncompetitive pricing in the market. No carrier depth in their brokerage. No pricing leverage with for hire outside service providers no internal logistics management.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who knows how to run assets. Rebuild your brokerage.

fired me for no reason

I worked at CRST International

Pros

there are no real pros

Cons

waiting 3 days for a load

Advice to Management

check the facts before you fire people

Extremely disappointed, worse company ever work for!

Former Employee - Cat Dedicated in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Cat Dedicated in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at CRST International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are no pros, went home 3times in one year, abandoned in NM for almost two months with Pneumonia, trick to Miami to be terminated for a photo radar 65mph/55mph?

Cons

Sacrifice my life on Winter Driving, Pneumonia (Homeless living on the street in NM), game they play in signing a statement about speeding 10 over speed limit, to terminate me? Unemployment was owe to me, but they made absolute sure, fought to make that impossible over a photo radar 65mph/55mph that speed limit signs were not posted, before construction!

Advice to Management

No respect for Safety, Human Resources, 'NEVER RETURN CALLS', never was compensated for Hotel in OK City 550.00, as for 2,000.00 in NM, 2500.00 for a driving School that take you out 3times in 2weeks?

9. Great opportunity in Cedar Rapids

Current Employee - Human Resources Temp in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Temp in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at CRST International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well run company with high standards

Cons

Out of office space but they are in the process of moving to several new buildings over the next 3-18 months

Advice to Management

Continue running the company so well