www.crstmalone.com

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
2.2

Scott Shephard

Success or failure is up to you

Former Employee - Lease Operator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Lease Operator in Akron, OH

I worked at CRST Malone as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Loved this company. Great earning potential. Good suppprt from dispatch and manqgement. Self dispatch so if you arent making the money you want then you need to work harder at figuring out why.

Cons

Maintenance is run by the van division. And that program is extremely weak and borders on dishonest.

Remove van ex from all aspects of flatbed operations. Otherwise don't change a thing.

Worst trucking company

I have been working at CRST Malone

Pros

Good earning potential, they will hire drivers with low csa ratings. The orientation only lasts a day lol

Cons

They careless about their drivers. Dispatches will place you on hold for hours......
    You could loose your contract over petty issues..
    Save yourself the headache, stay away from this company

Be reasonable with your drivers, treat them like humans because they are your most valuable asset.

RECRUITING IS A COMPLETE DISASTER.

Former Employee - New Lease Driver Recruiter I in Trussville, AL
    Former Employee - New Lease Driver Recruiter I in Trussville, AL

I worked at CRST Malone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The driver recruiter 1 position, looked really good on paper and in my offer letter. In fact I really looked forward to the opportunity to work in the environment described. There was an HR orientation conference call on day 1, and that provided a sense of organization and structure.

Cons

Once the day 1 orientation conference call was complete, everything went down hill. There is absolutely no structure, or organization, the environment is not professional, and there was absolutely NO training plan.

There is absolutely no organization or structure to the recruiting department. If you would like to lower turn-over, you need to take a look at your recruiting department at Malone. If you would like your recruiters to be successful, you have to re-think the way in which you train and the environment in which you function.

Difrent.

Current Employee - Driver in Rockport, IN
    Current Employee - Driver in Rockport, IN

I have been working at CRST Malone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Do what loads you want, 75% line haul, 100% fuel sercharge, splitting truck payments (325 wk in hot load mounts, 140 in low load mounts) cheep truck payments.

Cons

if you are not carefull you can get upside down on a paycheck.( like i am now.lol) i took to cheep of load last week that took to long to deliver.

none yet. but segest you take your 25% off the top and just show what goes to the truck. ex. line haul 2,000. show to the truck 1,500. this way drivers like me can better evaluate what we can aford on the trip.

wow

Former Employee - Lease and Owner Ops in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Lease and Owner Ops in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CRST Malone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they get u in the door

Cons

CSA of 99, crap equipment, no way to store equipment, Hell I dont have nothing good to say. hurry up n shut down.

replace upper management with folks who with care about there drivers.

Current Employee - Flat Bed Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Flat Bed Truck Driver in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CRST Malone

Pros

If you don't have a family and like to drive over the road. The driver managers treat you with respect. Equipment is ok and if you like to work hard.

Cons

No family time. To many deductions come out your check and it don't include taxes or benefits. example: gross income for two months YTD earnings $14,000 deductions $11,000 Your total income $3,000. Their load board is poor. I found myself getting loads off of other company load board that pay less but kept me from being stuck. After 5:00pm to 7:00am central time zone. You are on your own staff is at home snuggled up in there bed lol. At least have preferable $2,000 in funds before you take on a lease purchase. This type of job can break you in a lot of ways.

It seems like CRST malone has really thought things through. Needs a little work on the load board and after hours support.

do not lease there truck unless your homeless

I worked at CRST Malone

Pros

get way to get u and your family off the streets if your homeless... u will deliver there loads and u will be compensated buy having there truck to live in...please note u will not be paid and if u are it will be every other other week or at there lesiure.

Cons

word to the wise.........if you have a job that pays you consistanty dont leave them to come over here to lease from crst...i hear that owner op's do well but the lease purchase program is a rip off.

realize that drivers make the company.....