CSAA Insurance Group Reviews

Reset
3.9
CSAA Insurance Group President and Chief Executive Officer Paula Downey
Paula Downey

Pros
  • Also, it's good for work/life balance for those with families (in 40 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, golden handcuffs (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • In the minds of upper management CSAA should be first and foremost in the employees lives (in 18 reviews)

• This company has become nothing more than a crappy call center (in 16 reviews)

1. OKC PRIDE!

Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are amazing...everyone truly cares about one another, it feels like a family!

Cons

CSAA IG has lived up to every promise ever made to me!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work.

Homeowners Claims Specialist

Former Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Did not micro manage in my unit as long as you didn't goof off, decent pay, time off in abundance, company culture allows for plenty of opportunities to get involved and advance your career. Supervisors are all about development and they like to see their employees advance to a better role. The companies commitment to volunteerism and diversity is admirable especially if you're not in the contact center, plenty of opportunities to do things that you never would in other places of employment.

Cons

A lot of the above pros are contingent on who your supervisor is, opportunities for advancement are not that great anymore and sometimes it seems that hiring managers are just going to hire who they want to anyways regardless of qualifications, stressful work environment due to constant exceedingly heavy workloads, supervisors know that this situation exists but cannot do anything about it due to guidelines set by upper level management, lots of office politics

Advice to Management

You preach the importance of hiring and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of the association, and for the most part you practice what you preach when it comes to attracting new diverse talent to the organization. However, the follow through falls short when it comes to promoting from within and retaining talent within the organization. I was and still am a huge fan of CSAA IG and what it stands for, however getting turned down for multiple positions and being stuck in a unreasonably stressful work environment was enough to abandon a company I would have otherwise liked to have stayed with for many years to come. After being miserable for several years on end, it does really become time to take care of yourself. Please, I implore you to actually get a good idea of what's going on at the front end and take steps to make sure the guidelines you send down consider employee satisfaction (ie. a Great Place to work!) I saw a lot of great diverse candidates walk out that door needlessly due to these issues.

I was a CSR. The job was OK until I realized it was just like any other call center. It is hard to get days off.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and incentives and most people are really helpful. They take care of their employees and customers, you get paid to volunteer, and you get a free roadside membership.

Cons

Hard to get time off and when you have and unscheduled absence you get an occurrence (depending on what supervisor you get). Some supervisors won't give you the occurrence if your a good worker.

Advice to Management

Fix all of the software glitches and try to get everyone on the same page. You can ask 6 different people the same question and you will probably get 5 or 6 different answers.

5. Good rapidly growing company

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Lots of growth so plenty of opportunities for movement. On top of that the training that they provide is very thorough and the way they're set up allows for easy learning. You get to get your hands dirty and learn a little on the job in addition to in the classroom.

Cons

Starting salaries are sort of low, the locations of the facilities are not ideal. Locations in Vegas, OKC, Colorado Springs and New Jersey leave a lot to be desired.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Great hours, employees and the best training system ever.

Cons

Pay, Training, Benefits and culture

Advice to Management

N/A

Awesome Company.

Former Employee - Homeowners Service Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Homeowners Service Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Company. Great pay benefits. Vacations. Nice calm atmosphere. Advancement is easy and encouraged.

Cons

Call center environment. Elevator was slow. Had to walk OFF the property at break to smoke...BIG PARKING LOT TO WALK ACROSS

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Great place to work. I worked at the Oklahoma City branch from October 2013 to May 2014

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working at AAA. The culture rewards quick minded workers, which was suited to me. Each of the supervisors I had (Brian Glut and Adam Terneus) were competent, intelligent, professional, and friendly in their own way. I have a general disdain for stupidity in leadership, and our management was always great. Professional growth is a focus, and they outline the ways in which you can be successful well. AAA had a pretty good benefit and PTO structure. The culture was also a very positive exprience for me. It never felt dreary, and they were clearly going for a "cool place to work" feel. I made about 17.50/hr at AAA as a claims adjuster

Cons

I was constantly talking on the phone, which may be good for some but was not ideal for me It was a community based working environment, which means you pick up the slack for lazy or incompetent adjusters. People yell at you when claims don't turn out how they want. I didn't mind this so much because I found humor in it, but it could be bad if you don't handle confrontation well.

Great Company, Some departments need better structure.

Current Employee - Homeowner Claims in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Homeowner Claims in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AAA is a very diverse company to work for, they offer good benefits, a nice amount of paid time off, annual profit bonus, and the atmosphere is very nice.

Cons

The department I worked in was not as organized as others and extremely under staffed. A high turn over will remain until this department organizes itself better.

10. Great Business Experience

Former Employee - Underwriting Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Underwriting Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture. CSAA is a very learning heavy environment. They really advocate self enhancement and growth. The job I worked at was in Oklahoma City which is a small but great city. They promote pretty frequently with in the company.

Cons

The work is a little mundane but that is just the nature of the business. Decision making and risk analysis skills are required.

Mixed Reviews

Former Employee - Homeowner Claims in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Homeowner Claims in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked in the Oklahoma City OK & Las Vegas NV claims office--The Las Vegas NV office was a great place to work..If you worked hard, you were recognized for your efforts, promoted, and treated well. The people were fantastic. This employer pays well for industry standards and appreciates diversity of employees.

Cons

The health insurance package could be better..The Oklahoma City OK office is a train wreck with poor working conditions and horrid management.

Advice to Management

Clean up the Oklahoma City OK center location..Leadership and positive management is needed. Look at what Las Vegas is doing right, get rid of the Oklahoma City management staff and start over..

RSS Feed </> Embed