CSAA Insurance Group Reviews

Company that Actually Cares

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

I've never worked at a company with such caring people. They care about their employees just as much as their customers. The work/life balance is fantastic and when life hands you lemons, they understand and have resources to help you get back to the 'you' that they need.

Cons

It's a complex organization with lots of history which always keeps it interesting.

Advice to Management

Employees are the reason for success, keep caring and they will stay.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Project Manager II in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager II in Glendale, AZ

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

They have a great volunteer program for their full time employees as well as one of the best wellness programs that I have been exposed to. The leadership is committed to making the company the best insurer for AAA households.

Cons

It is difficult to get into a management position if you do not frequently travel to the Bay Area headquarters. As an IT professional, nearly all of your clients will be located in the headquarters building.

Advice to Management

Keep working on getting career paths established so that you don't lose quality people to outside growth opportunities.

3. Claims Rep

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Love the coworkers!!! Room for advancement and growth.

Cons

You will stay busy just make sure to stay on task.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work!!

5. IT Desktop Support

Current Employee - IT Desktop in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - IT Desktop in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Great place to work, Good benefits...great support from management.

Cons

None, It depends where you are located or deparment

Advice to Management

none

Working for the Company

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

They have been around a long time and they are growing through out the US

Cons

Leadership is not all that great

7. OKC PRIDE!

Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Training Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are amazing...everyone truly cares about one another, it feels like a family!

Cons

CSAA IG has lived up to every promise ever made to me!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work.

Manager , IT

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

Good pay package , bonus and benefits. Great place for those looking to spend years leading up to retirement. 9-5 easy job- no stress. Great place to park oneself temporarily between jobs.

Cons

Poor direction, outdated technology and infrastructure. Nothing new to learn. Very slow pace. Not a place for those starting out fresh or in the prime of their career. Weak resume builder.

Advice to Management

Make quick and wise descisions - don't linger. Modernize infrastructure, technology, process. Don't sit behind your desks- mingle with the folks actually doing the work to truly understand what the problems are and help solve them.

okay place to work.

I have been working at CSAA Insurance Group

Pros

decent pay on site training good job education

Cons

lower management does not know what is going on and neither does upper management half the time. Resistant to change or suggestions. Culture of fear when speaking up about unhappiness or wanting opportunity to grow.

Analyst

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time

Pros

This place has really good benefits for its employees, from paid time off to medical benefits, etc. Nice working environment too.

Cons

The new location was out of the way for me. I had to bus then Bart then walk. The commute was way too long. Especially to come into an office where the corporate culture did not inspire.

Advice to Management

Get with it. You guys don't care about your workers. You are just collecting your pay checks and holding on until you can retire.

Homeowners Claims Specialist

Former Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CSAA Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Did not micro manage in my unit as long as you didn't goof off, decent pay, time off in abundance, company culture allows for plenty of opportunities to get involved and advance your career. Supervisors are all about development and they like to see their employees advance to a better role. The companies commitment to volunteerism and diversity is admirable especially if you're not in the contact center, plenty of opportunities to do things that you never would in other places of employment.

Cons

A lot of the above pros are contingent on who your supervisor is, opportunities for advancement are not that great anymore and sometimes it seems that hiring managers are just going to hire who they want to anyways regardless of qualifications, stressful work environment due to constant exceedingly heavy workloads, supervisors know that this situation exists but cannot do anything about it due to guidelines set by upper level management, lots of office politics

Advice to Management

You preach the importance of hiring and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of the association, and for the most part you practice what you preach when it comes to attracting new diverse talent to the organization. However, the follow through falls short when it comes to promoting from within and retaining talent within the organization. I was and still am a huge fan of CSAA IG and what it stands for, however getting turned down for multiple positions and being stuck in a unreasonably stressful work environment was enough to abandon a company I would have otherwise liked to have stayed with for many years to come. After being miserable for several years on end, it does really become time to take care of yourself. Please, I implore you to actually get a good idea of what's going on at the front end and take steps to make sure the guidelines you send down consider employee satisfaction (ie. a Great Place to work!) I saw a lot of great diverse candidates walk out that door needlessly due to these issues.

RSS Feed </> Embed