CSID

CSID CEO Scott Cruickshank

Scott Cruickshank

BORDERLINE...... FANTASTIC!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey understand the statement "Work hard and Play Hard". CSID was always on the edge of fun. Every Kickoff event they held was one to be remembered. All of the festivities throughout the year were a real hoot. The serious yet lackadaisical attitude us tough to replicate elsewhere. The company worked with schedules, understood the concept of a life outside work and respected their employees.

ConsSalary was way out of line with the duties performed. Advancement? None. Are they ever going public? Going to be a start up forever?

Advice to Senior ManagementI think upper management was mostly superb. I would say - do something though. We all want to see the company sell or go public. Even if we aren't there anymore. What is the next line of products? Do you have any plans for expanding the offering? I'd say line the company up for a nice takeover. But that's just me.

great place to work...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat work environment! Flexible schedule. There are learning opportunities for everyone at all levels.

ConsIf you are in south Austin, commute is amazing. If not, it becomes challenging after while.

Great People, Great Place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMy great coworkers are just as passionate about our industry and current trends so we end up suggesting using them to management and they are open to our ideas.

Recently moved to a new Headquarters
    Open and Collaborative environment.
    Fully stocked fridge with snacks
    Very friendly environment to grow at.

ConsWith our growing people and technologies, there hasn't been much change in creating processes that scale.
    A lot of the day is putting out fires for x, y or z client.
    Still using legacy tech to keep things running for the core product without a foreseeable plan to do a refresh.
    Everyone is so busy with work that you don't know what people on other teams do.
    Un-communicated roadmap of the products we build and a lot is customer driven or driven by people who are locked in an ivory tower and focused on the next industry buzz words they hear.
    Be expected to occasionally put more than 40 hours when times are critical.
    The perception has been that they will want to bring someone outside than promote from within to mid level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a backbone and stop saying yes to every client demand/suggestion. They learn to expect that we will give them every feature they ask for and no one is happy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat team work! Excellent work environment.

ConsI cannot think of any cons to working with CSID.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Great Place to work

Product Management (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood place, Great people, Nice environment!!!!

ConsSmall company, A little disorganized staff

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great small company that focuses on employees

Finance/Accounting (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLots of team building, learning, ability to advance, fun environment. Management is supportive and includes employees in the status of the business and budget.

ConsEveryone is very busy and it's easy to get overwhelmed. Occassionally extra hours are necessary and work/life balance is put on hold.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team does a great job. I've been in a handful of organizations in which the leadership team doesn't talk to each other or know what's going on. This isn't the case at CSID. It's a very well connected, solid team.

excellent

Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosfreedom to implement your won ideas

Conssponsorship issues , some times upper level management issues.

Advice to Senior Managementloosen bit to spend on R&D and engineering side.

Thanks

Worked for CSID? Contribute to the Community!