CSID

4.8

CSID CEO Scott Cruickshank
Scott Cruickshank

1. Featured Review

Truly Professional Management, Top Quality Team Members, Clear Company Vision & Directives

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at CSID full-time (less than a year)

Pros

CSID means business -- it's a company professionally run by grown-up *people* who understand the industry and how to attract quality team members to accomplish the business goals. I emphasize "grown ups" *in contrast* to the many companies whose progress and success is impeded by a lack of maturity and professionalism.

As for the hiring process, it was truly refreshing to be treated like a respected human being. Other companies are trending towards de-humanizing the hiring process to the point where, in my opinion, they are missing quality candidates [with wisdom and experience] in favor of test-takers. All the same to me though: advantage CSID.

CSID's intentions were always clearly communicated, their offer was very competitive (with benefits) [in writing], and once a decision was finalized, their [stellar] HR and IT departments moved at light-speed so I could begin work in just days, not weeks. I was fortunate to have multiple offers during my search, and for all of the above reasons, CSID beat the competition by a large margin.

Cons

None -- I regret not finding CSID sooner.

Keep it up -- the effects of CSID's leadership is evident throughout the company, in the staff, in the values, in the work/life balance, in the financials and everywhere else.

Feb 26, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the feedback! This means a lot to everyone on the team. But if you ever have any suggestions on areas to improve, please pass them on. Best of luck to you! David

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Very Flexible schedule, On site gym, lots of food items in the break room and most importantly great people to work with.

Cons

I was team lead in my old company but demoted to Software Engineer here :(

Feb 19, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for your feedback! I hope we can take advantage of your team lead skills, stop on by and let's discuss. David

Heaven!

I have been working at CSID full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benefits, Great people!

Everyone is so nice and so welcoming. As a fairly new employee I am extremely confident I could ask anyone for help on anything!

The culture is great, CSID is THE definition of work hard/ play hard.

Great fully stocked kitchen refilled every week, cool games, ping pong table, HUGE connect four game, and of course a pinball machine!

Cons

Can't actually think of anything bad, so far it is the best place I have ever worked!

Keep up the great work. I love how the CEO is down to earth and knows everyone. Not like most companies where they act too superior... He's really just a normal hard working guy!

Feb 19, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the feedback! We always consider ourselves a 'work in progress' and that there are always items to improve or address so if you have some advice to pass along, please share it!

Heaven in a small bag

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in El Cajon, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in El Cajon, CA

I worked at CSID full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything was relatively great about this company. I could list a thousand positivies.

CEO: Scott is a man of his word. He is a very charismatic person.

Cons

TEXAS. Unfortunately the only real reason I'm not with the company anymore is due to them being in Texas. I just didn't get along well in Texsas

I can think of nothing off hand...

Feb 6, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the feedback! We try to provide a great environment for everyone but ultimately understand that Texas or Austin isn't for everyone. We wish you the best.

Great leadership, great products, great company

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The senior management has done this before. Their guidance and leadership is very effective, helpful and greatly helping the company's success.

Cons

We continue to struggle some with aligning products with rapidly changing markets, but, what software company doesn't struggle with this? So, this is a minor ding.

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to balance the investments with our changing opportunities.

Nov 4, 2014Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! We are proud of our senior management team and look forward to the future.

Great company who do an exceptional job of showing their appreciation for their employees.

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Monthly company events, free snacks, on site gym, great location in austin tx.

Cons

Often times hard work goes unnoticed.

Nov 4, 2014Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the comment! We're glad you appreciate the events and benefits we offer. We want to provide recognition for the hard work that everyone provides and are always looking for ways to improve ... More

Fun & Competitive work environment

I have been working at CSID full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is very much a work hard/play hard environment. Lots of team building activities and it is really easy to interact with people in other departments if you desire. There are a lot of very intelligent people here and most are very willing to teach you what they know, which is so refreshing. HR department is small but they truly listen to employee needs and do what they can to accommodate them.

Cons

The floor plan is very open and there is almost no privacy at all in some of the workplaces, it can be really distracting at times. You will probably gain 5 pounds because of all the snacks and food that are readily available.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CSID cares about its employees as much as their products. The product suite is something with large growth potential. Its a great place to work.

Cons

Biggest con, for me, is the location. Great for S. Austin, but not so much fun for N. Austin commute. Additionally, there is only 1 ping pong table.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Software Engineer intern

Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CSID as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Best place to start your carrier

Cons

didn't got extension, but happy with the stuff that I learnt in my internship

BORDERLINE...... FANTASTIC!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at CSID full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They understand the statement "Work hard and Play Hard". CSID was always on the edge of fun. Every Kickoff event they held was one to be remembered. All of the festivities throughout the year were a real hoot. The serious yet lackadaisical attitude us tough to replicate elsewhere. The company worked with schedules, understood the concept of a life outside work and respected their employees.

Cons

Salary was way out of line with the duties performed. Advancement? None. Are they ever going public? Going to be a start up forever?

I think upper management was mostly superb. I would say - do something though. We all want to see the company sell or go public. Even if we aren't there anymore. What is the next line of products? Do you have any plans for expanding the offering? I'd say line the company up for a nice takeover. But that's just me.