CSID Reviews

4.8
CSID CEO Scott Cruickshank
Scott Cruickshank

1. Featured Review

Truly Professional Management, Top Quality Team Members, Clear Company Vision & Directives

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSID means business -- it's a company professionally run by grown-up *people* who understand the industry and how to attract quality team members to accomplish the business goals. I emphasize "grown ups" *in contrast* to the many companies whose progress and success is impeded by a lack of maturity and professionalism.

As for the hiring process, it was truly refreshing to be treated like a respected human being. Other companies are trending towards de-humanizing the hiring process to the point where, in my opinion, they are missing quality candidates [with wisdom and experience] in favor of test-takers. All the same to me though: advantage CSID.

CSID's intentions were always clearly communicated, their offer was very competitive (with benefits) [in writing], and once a decision was finalized, their [stellar] HR and IT departments moved at light-speed so I could begin work in just days, not weeks. I was fortunate to have multiple offers during my search, and for all of the above reasons, CSID beat the competition by a large margin.

Cons

None -- I regret not finding CSID sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep it up -- the effects of CSID's leadership is evident throughout the company, in the staff, in the values, in the work/life balance, in the financials and everywhere else.

Feb 26, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the feedback! This means a lot to everyone on the team. But if you ever have any suggestions on areas to improve, please pass them on. Best of luck to you! David

2. Great place to work; great industry to be in

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID

Pros

Every day I feel that my work contributes to the company's overall success. Very empowering.

Cons

...not a lot to complain about - the office has a great location (close to downtown without being in downtown), we have monthly gatherings/events, like volleyball tournaments, R/C car races, ping pong tournaments, and the company is growing. ...not a lot to complain about...

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the growing consumer data market - what other opportunities are there to further improve a consumer's control over their data?

Mar 12, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the feedback! We will continue the events and pass the management advice on to others. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this. David

Adding a comment from Marc - Thank
    ... More

3. Company gets the life/work balance equation

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Life/Work balance is excellent. They understand how to treat employees like actual people.

The company is smartly growing slowly but steadily. Careful growth equals predictable revenues.

They have a vision that is clear and communicated well.

Cons

Location is not ideal if you live north where most of the other high tech companies are.

Advice to Management

Execute on the vision of the company, and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the review! We will try our best. David

5. Accelerated Advancement while having fun!

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our daily department atmosphere includes friendly peers that help identify your impact on the CSID brand as a whole. Speedy "ramp ups" are frequent and welcomed by employees of CSID. Being one of the industries leading providers of compromised cyber data and breach management we are on the literal edge of ID theft, which leaves plenty of room for growth. HR and upper management are focused on the growth and career development of employees at all levels.

Cons

CSID employees are so great and we have so much fun that life outside of work can be a bit of a downer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 12, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! If you ever have any improvements or suggestions please pass them along. David

6. A Really Great Place to Work

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSID goes out of it's way to provide employees with excellent benefits, a fun work environment, and a culture that promotes education and advancement within the company. We work hard, but we also play hard. The open vacation policy, and limited but effective requests for overtime work to accomplish certain goals, shows that management knows our personal lives matter very much, and they know when to draw the line.

It seems like everyone at CSID is committed to the success of the company, from upper management and the CEO down to the average employee. This is the best place I have ever worked, and that says a lot. I have worked for some of the most successful companies in the industry during their formative and most explosive years of growth, and the feeling here is the same. There is a current of excitement about the future of the company that is palpable.

Cons

The Agile approach that many departments have been trained in, and are now using, has been really beneficial to the focus and productivity of those groups. It is unfortunate that the offshore teams have not aggressively adopted Agile, and that it also takes so long to implement changes to some of our core services that are being serviced by those teams. I think those two issues are related.

Advice to Management

So far, so good! Keep the focus to achievable but lofty goals, and keep your hands on the wheel! You are leading this company to what we all hope will be continued great success.

Mar 12, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! I will pass along your comments on Agile to the appropriate parties. Glad you enjoy being with us and we're glad you're here! David

Additional comment from Subu: Nice to see
    ... More

7. Great staff and a supportive environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CSID remains focused on their employees even as they continually grow to meet increasing yearly revenue goals. This company is on track to make a huge impact in the industry and it's been exciting to be part of their impressive growth over the years. Most of the leadership is very much on point in promoting a successful work environment. Each employee is given the tools needed to perform their job well and we're always focused on improving our processes.

Cons

Providing mentor-ship programs to employees would be nice.

Advice to Management

Longer term plans would be helpful. More insight into the compensation structure would be helpful.

Mar 12, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review and comments! On both items you mention, mentoring and compensation, we have some items and information we will be rolling out this year so stay tuned. Best of luck to you. David

8. I truly feel lucky to work at CSID - Amazing folks

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best place I have ever worked. CSID offers both the fun environment and the competitive pay... You get it all! I work with so many really great people it is exciting to come to work every day because I know I will learn something new and get some good laughs. This company does an amazing job of catering to people's strengths and helping you succeed. I love my job!

Cons

There is literally no down-side to working at CSID in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...You've got it right!

Mar 12, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Wow, thanks for the review! We appreciate the comments. If you ever have any suggestions for improvement please let us know. Best of luck to you! David

9. Great Company to work for.

I have been working at CSID

Pros

Flexible hours and also work with you for anything.

Cons

There is really no challenges, very easy and calm.

Advice to Management

Change it up, maybe different ways of how to interact with everyone from all departments in the company.

Mar 12, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! We're always looking for ways to keep the communication flow fresh and informative, we will look into different ways to interact. Thanks for taking the time to provide your ... More

10. Employee focused, great business.

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is fair and benefits are great. Culture is warm and friendly. I'm on the tech side and feel very well respected and my work feels valued.

Cons

That commute can be pretty hairy!

Advice to Management

Take care of your developers, but you know that.

Mar 6, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Wow, thanks for the review, we appreciate it! Goes without saying, we value our developers and want to keep them happy. Please stop by with any suggestions. David

11. Great culture and work-life balance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff; Competent Management; Lots of free goodies in the breakroom; outstanding benefits; understanding supervisors who don't pressure you to work beyond regular work hours.

Cons

There really aren't any I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of showing employees that they matter and you care about them.

Mar 6, 2015Senior Human Resources Director

Thanks for the review! If you ever have any suggestions for improvement or other things to consider, please stop by and see us. David