CSL Plasma
www.cslplasma.com Boca Raton, FL 5000+ Employees

CSL Plasma Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014
CSL Plasma – US – “CSL Plasma”

Randy L. Furby

It was a great opportunity to get a better understanding of a global company.

Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CSL Plasma as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe company is constantly expanding which will correlate to many opportunities to move up within the organization. The company culture is very friendly and really cares about its employees.

ConsThere aren't really any cons except for maybe pay but I believe I was well compensated for my work.

Horrible!!!!!

I have been working at CSL Plasma

ProsEmployees, pay is ok, they provide you with scrubs, long hours, fast environment

ConsMgt sucks, have to stand all day, donors are sometimes rude, mgt is cliqued up amongst other employees, trainers don't train, hard to move up or get checked off of things, being the largest center in the nation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those who want to be promoted, come out of the office and look at areas to see what needs to fixed or continued doing, don't take the word of someone else. Be more fair to everyone and stop being childish.

Hard work, little pay

Plasma Processing Tech (Former Employee)
Lawrence, KS

I worked at CSL Plasma part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat co-workers, the underlings act as a great team.

ConsThe management often undervalues their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough we all know you were in a lower position at one time, you should use that knowledge to help those that are new. The managers seem to be a clique that you have a hard time making friends with. Be more approachable.

Good Company, Bad Position

Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at CSL Plasma full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company offers several growth opportunities, good pay, good insurance and benefits. They also train employees to certified to do everything in the centers company-wide. This includes Medical Receptionist, Phlebotomist, Designated Training skills.

ConsSome of the Managers operate more on office politics, instead of merit. When it comes to job opportunities, I seen more people promoted due to being friends with managers as opposed to being qualified for the action positions. In some cases, if you disagree with the manager on some issues, instead of using communication to resolve them, that manager may retaliate by issuing unwarranted corrective actions and blocking any opportunities to transfer.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hear some of your employees out when they have a complaint against their manager, especially when it is backed with facts. You have some good workers that have to leave the company due to being constantly bullied by their manager while Corporate and/or HR offer no help or mediation.

Challenging, fulfilling, enjoyed going to work.

Senior Biomedical Technician (Former Employee)
Springfield, OH

I worked at CSL Plasma full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe staff and the persons who contributed their plasma.

ConsSome management decisions that were not based on the working knowledge of the staff

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempt to acknowledge and keep the most experienced and knowledgeable of your team.

Difficult to move up if you aren't part of the problem

Reception Technician (Former Employee)
West Lafayette, IN

I worked at CSL Plasma full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInteresting to learn everything about the plasmapheresis process and they are willing to teach you most jobs at the center.

ConsIt is difficult to move up if you are not part of a certain group of people. Many employees are addicted to various drugs, including alcohol, pills, and others. The pay is not very competitive for the tasks that you are obligated to complete. There is no work-life balance, and they get frustrated with students having class and require full availability for gaining employment. You are expected to complete tasks way beyond your job duties if you want to remain employed or expect to be promoted. Training is hurried and you are not educated on many everyday situations that come up on the job, making it difficult to be very effective in your position. No drug testing upon hiring, leading to many people who rely on drugs daily to be hired. You will not have regular hours, in many cases you may 12pm-10pm on Monday, and have to be back at 7am the next morning for a full shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart drug testing occasionally, especially when hiring employees. Notice employees abilities and move them into positions that they are well qualified for. Give employees regular hours.

Management had high egos and were never in line with each other.

Receptionist Tech (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at CSL Plasma part-time for more than a year

ProsPay is okay, and the employees were nice.

ConsManagement had high egos, and never were on the same page with each other. One manager had to have it her or his way or they will give you the sting eye.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting your egos get the best of you. Be on the same page with each other about the rules. You confuse the employees.

work

Lab Processing Tech (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK

I have been working at CSL Plasma part-time for more than 3 years

Prosfamily oriented, will help you when you need it,

Consmostly you have to work weekends,

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have any.

Very repetitive work duties but up to you to make the best of it

Reception Technician (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CSL Plasma full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat staff and managers to work with, FT benefits, cross-training opportunities, recognized for doing well

ConsWork is very repetitive, working with rude and violent donors

Great opportunity for learning new skills.

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)

I have been working at CSL Plasma part-time for more than a year

ProsHands-on training, great coworkers, future opportunities

ConsClosing isn't a whole lot of fun

Advice to Senior ManagementDonors by appointment

Worked for CSL Plasma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CSL Plasma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CSL Plasma CEO Randy L. Furby. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by CSL Plasma employees.