CSM Bakery Products

Be The First To
Add Photos

CSM Bakery Products CEO Bret Weaver

Bret Weaver

Awesome Experience; great Company to Work for..

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTraining opportunities and being part of a team that cares about the companies overall growth.
    The work-life balance is good.. the managers are considerate..

ConsNo issues with time-off policy...a lot of politics in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListening to employees who have a vast knowledge and experience in the field, is an profound way to cut cost and frustration on a project. Having a timetable is ideal in order to establish focus and timeline for every step in the project.

This company has lost its direction and with being purchased by an investment company has added even more chaos.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are the best thing that can be said about this company. You will never meet a group of people who are more friendly.

ConsThe company while performing best in the US and is failing in Europe is following European practice for its North American company. The direction makes no sense. Average pay raises do not meet cost of living increase.

Great place to work despite uncertainty.

Supplier Quality Specialist (Current Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsI work with a great team committed to improvement and growth. The company, despite the hardships continues to offer employees incentives and fun distractions at work and beyond. We have company functions like our summer picnic and Christmas party, but we have the opportunity to get discount tickets to movies, Six Flags, Hawks games, etc.

ConsThe company has gone through more than it's fair share of major organizational changes in the past five years. This makes the environment feel unstable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice company with a lot of ownership

Director (Current Employee) Tucker, GA

ProsPeople friendly, entrepreneurial environment, management support

Conslack of ownership, sense of urgency

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep motivating and holding people responsible for their work

Good company, great people.

Corporate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsInterdepartmental communications are improving. Manufacturing ability is strong. A large presence with in-store bakeries, other channels not so much. Have production facilities across North America.

ConsRecently spun off by parent company to a holding company. There is probably restructuring in the cards - keep the plants, cut the people. Life in the 21st century.

Lack of integrity and morale's.

Plant Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLower level employees take pride in there work and are dedicated.

ConsSenior management team only cares about themselves and how much money they can make. They are Inconsistent in treatment of staff, good ole boy network and very dishonest. Only the two female SMT members are knowledgeable. Inappropriate relationships with SMT males and female employees are overlooked and ignored.

Flat organization. No room growth.

Poor pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out senior management for a fresh start. Unless the new owners clean out the greedy leaders, this company will remain the same which is unfortunate because the plant employees take pride in what they do.

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Creek, WI

ProsWorked with great people in Oak Creek

ConsBought too many companies and shut down Oak Creek

Advice to Senior ManagementNone they were sold

Good Company to work for if...

ProsThey pay relatively well, the location is not bad and what not. Thats all for pros

ConsSome departments have micromanages that will be on you non stop. It was annoying.

Technician

ProsSome good people, central location

Conscannibalizing environment, lack of transparency, selfish R&D team

I learned a lot and really felt like a part of the family.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmaller company (potential for growth), everyone's opinion is heard, family atmosphere. Though I had a smaller position, I felt as though my insight my appreciated and truly considered. My manager gave me general assignments that I was allowed to freedom/given the challenge to complete in whatever way I felt was best.

ConsFactory worker's and factory management's opinions on factory operations not well respected by corporate across the street , lack of communication with current and past employees, uncertain future (company up for sale)

Advice to Senior ManagementCarrying a positive attitude around employees will result in the employees having a positive attitude

Worked for CSM Bakery Products? Contribute to the Community!