CSM Bakery Solutions Reviews

Reset
CSM Bakery Solutions President & CEO Robert Sharpe
Robert Sharpe

1. Featured Review

Great company great people great training

Former Employee - Lead in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Lead in Edina, MN

Pros

this company has so many different training programs offered to anyone who is willing and wanting an opportunity to go and great instuctors.

Cons

the challenges are on you how hard you work your dedication, persistanicy and determination will take you a long way

Advice to Management

There is anything I would change with management they are always as on the floor always working with employees showing that they care never change that.

CSM Bakery Solutions Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Global Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback!

2. Constantly Changing, Some Growth Opportunity

I have been working at CSM Bakery Solutions full-time

Pros

Moving to a new location in Sandy Springs (2016), standard industry benefits, standardized salariy ranges, company size means more access to training, HR has done a lot to improve the overall employee experience in the last 10 years...a lot of the small company nonsense has been eliminated, leadership has a lot of experience/expertise

Cons

So many different agendas between departments that individual managers are left to determine what the priority is, constant re-calibration and feelings of what are we doing, what is the priority, mixed messages leading to confusion and chaos.A bit of unprofessionalism here and there left over from when company was small and privately held--will get better with time as recruiting improves if company can retain talent. Dissatisfaction/low morale from company being bought/sold and resulting re-organization. New managers haven't been trained properly as so many long-term employees with tribal knowledge have left/are leaving.

Advice to Management

Like many companies, individual managers still need more training on actual "managerial" skills--there is nothing specifically set up or standardized for that so new managers are typically assumed to be "plug and play" which can lead to discomfort for departments.

3. VP

I worked at CSM Bakery Solutions full-time

Pros

Great customer base Excellent products Very good benefits

Cons

Need to have better communication amongst the various departments

Anonymous

Pros

Good company to work for, has a lot of change and turnover but over all great company with great people.

Cons

A lot of change and turnover

6. Company in Change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

I worked at CSM Bakery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good products but lost direction

Cons

Cultural shift to CPG mentality. Lots of people leaving and those that have stayed are unhappy and looking. Lots of quality issues. Private equity firm looking to "flip" for their financial gain.

great company

Pros

robust vision and strategy in place. Top notch leadership and management team. Moving the global headquarters to Sandy Springs in 2016.

Cons

None that I can think of

8. Global Director, Communications

Former Employee - Consultant in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cumming, GA

I worked at CSM Bakery Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership team and product portfolio

Cons

Slow decision making process and low level commitment to communications

Advice to Management

Act like an established start-up!

9. Awesome Place to Work!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Tucker, GA

I have been working at CSM Bakery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best places I have ever worked- and I have worked a lot of places! The leadership team is accessible and friendly. There is growth opportunity. Overall, relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Not many cons... The current location has limited parking and is outdated, but this is only temporary.

Advice to Management

Business resource groups would be a great addition!

10. A Breath of Fresh Air

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucker, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucker, GA

I have been working at CSM Bakery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Atmosphere The pay The Benefits The hours The commute I have lived in Georgia for 9 years and I have had the chance to see the workforce here. I can say that in my experiences CSM is truly a breath of fresh air. The pay is fair, the work load is reasonable and management seems very approachable and friendly. It feels like I am apart of a team or family. I cannot say that I have a moment thus far where I was thinking about if this is a place for me. Seeing the way the company works and seemingly appreciates the employees it makes me want to see how I can further myself within the company for years to come.

Cons

If I had to say a con it would be parking. The parking sucks, except after 2:00pm, then its amazing. lol

Advice to Management

I would've said a better system that could move to a more paperless environment and be more green. But that's about to happen. Also, we could utilize social media more and creat mini socialmercials (commercials for social media) to get the word out with minimal costs.

A Great Move!!

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CSM Bakery Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• New leadership team with a passion for the business • Large global footprint • New ventures and product launches in motion • Infrastructure improvements to enhance current business and support future growth

Cons

The primary challenge at CSM is addressing growth opportunities in the midst of a lot of change. The change at CSM is all very positive and will help the company grow, but it's important for employees to be patient and understand the value of these changes.

Advice to Management

Keep communication channels open with employees so they are aware of infrastructure changes, business and market opportunities, new initiatives, etc.

RSS Feed </> Embed