CST Reviews

Eric Pilaud

1. Great Place, Great People

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at CST full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse group of people both culturally and professionally
    Strong Senior Management Team
    Everybody counts/matters approach
    International Organization
    High Quality Products with a focus on precision, accuracy and overall excellence.

Cons

Some systems/practices are a bit outdated but Management is aware and working to implement new technologies

It would be nice if there were more opportunities for employees to connect outside of work via team-building, activities, recreation, etc. Several internal surveys have shown that his provides a boost in morale and cooperation.

Advice to Management

Continue down the path of supporting your employees both professionally and personally. It is noticed and makes everyone willing to go that extra mile which truly makes us a "Premier Organization."

2. Kavlico is a great company to work at

I have been working at CST full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Manufacturing is a challenging sector to work in.

3. A energizing hi-tech company that recognizes talents and provides opportunities for professional growth.

I have been working at CST full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy my job, been with the company for 15 years and not interested in looking elsewhere. There are high expectations and challenging projects, but we have a great workforce comprised of diversified talents that has enabled us to meet those goals. The culture fosters a positive and open teamwork environment which is constantly changing towards continuous improvement and developing new technologies. The workforce is comprised of people of various age groups and from all different ethnic backgrounds. Although very busy, for the most part everyone is friendly, respectful, caring and we do try to have fun while doing our jobs. Communication is key and is improving within as well as across business units.

Cons

Change is challenging and can be overwhelming with the current resources. Because of the fast pace and ambitious schedules, at times details can get over looked leading into bigger issues further down the road.

Salaries are competitive but would like to see it at the higher end of the spectrum for all job types, given the technology and the type of work we do.

Advice to Management

As corporate shared services are being implemented further, we need to ensure efforts are being taken to make them an integrated part of the local business unit workforce. I’ve seen evidence of success here, but would like it to be consistent across all support functions.

Leadership forums are energizing and important for common vision and culture. We skipped a year and hopefully will be able to bring it back next year.

Grateful for the 401K Plan, but a true pension plan would be nice:)

5. Work is energetic, dynamic, and challenging as lots of new opportunities, ability to create new ways of working.

I have been working at CST full-time

Pros

Fun and friendly staff, approachable executive team, focused on the employee, and driving creativity, and growth.

Cons

We all have busy schedules.

6. Great company to work for: work/life balance is really good, salary is good too.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

I have been working at CST full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* very good work/life balance
    * very nice people to work with
    * good salary and benefits
    * family-oriented company

Cons

We are currently in our "old" offices but scheduled to move very soon - over the summer of '15 - to our brand new offices and I can't wait to leave our old, sad & outdated looking cubicles. Unfortunately, this move will mean a longer commute for me.

7. A burgeoning company that will welcome you, challenge you, and inspire you!

Current Employee - Engineer in Moorpark, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Moorpark, CA

I have been working at CST full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Diverse and global network of employees that are very friendly.
    2) Managers/peers are approachable; you really do get a sense of comaraderie and teamwork.
    3) Exposure to a wide array of technology; very steep learning curve.

Cons

No major cons. CST is a growing company trying to forge it's path; therefore there is some necessary amount of changes in order to achieve its long term goals.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in technology and resources. CST has a great potential for growth, but it must also pay attention to create a strong infrastructure to handle the growth.

8. Great place to work!

I have been working at CST full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great group of people to work with - talented, not ego driven, feels like a new family. There is no discrimination. Many women in upper management. Diverse group from all nationalities and backgrounds. Upper management motto is to "have fun!" and this does trickle down. Very challenging work. If you don't like change and like to do things the same old way this is not the place to be.

Cons

This is a con in every company - communication. But everyone at this company is open to suggestions to improve this.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Great job!

9. Challenging yet rewarding career at CST!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

I have been working at CST full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great environment, a sense of belonging, team work, opportunities to grow within the company, appreciated!

Cons

Sometimes a lot to handle in terms of work load. But there are peaks and valleys.

10. Company has potential for growth

I have been working at CST full-time (More than a year)

Pros

career opportunities because everyone is quitting

Cons

very shorthanded. no consistency. everyone does this differently

Advice to Management

Get organized and consistant

11. Multi-cultural company with smart and dedicated people. Family life and work life balance is supported

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moorpark, CA

I have been working at CST full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedules are supported, family life and work life balance is encouraged. I'm able to go to my kids events when needed. You do have to work hard and at times the hours are long. You can organize how you work which makes it easier. Accountability is part of the culture. Lots of change.

Cons

High expectations, fast paced, lot of change which some people don't appreciate.

RSS Feed </> Embed