CTBC Bank

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at CTBC Bank

Pros

The employees here are friendly. Benefits and PTO are good. Work hours are reasonable. Positive work environment. Many opportunities to gain experience and learn.

Cons

Some departments are limited in resources.

Not recommended

Former Employee - Consultant in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Torrance, CA

I worked at CTBC Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loose management
    Good for retirement life

Cons

No long term goal for Wealth Management group
    Shrinking territory in US
    Loose focus on industry goal
    Fewer benefit

Need more solid management, need more diversification on client's base.

Customer service representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at CTBC Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

General speaking, the job loading is not pretty high if there is no shortage of employees.

Cons

The salary is a little bit lower than other banks. There is always shortage of employees.

Positive career experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CTBC Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Good health plan.
    -Genuine compassion and understanding for work/life balance.
    -Business growing and moving in the right direction.
    -Opportunities for growth for the intelligent and ambitious.
    -Fantastic group of co-workers.
    -Centrally located in Downtown.

Cons

-some inefficient and redundent process/procedures
    -oppoortunities to improve training

Great place for experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CTBC Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company offers great benefits that start on your first day of work that include health benefits, good amount of paid time off, sick & personal days, 401k, and the works.

There is no micromanagement here with supportive managers whom are very interested in your potential and growth within the company. They are able to recognize what you are able to do and are there to help you do it. They constantly ask what they can do to help you grow, which areas/departments you would like to move to and what they can do better so you can be happier with your job. This company is a great place to gain experience and knowledge in your desired field. The managers and staff are always willing to share and teach you.

I read the previous reviews and have a slight understanding of the work environment previously. However, I do not see any of those negative aspects of the company now. Human Resources is always easily reachable and the company as a whole are quick to recognize those that do not positively contribute to the company in any way and will make changes when necessary. This company is definitely working hard to continue in making changes in all aspects to ensure that all laws and regulations are being met. With anything, it does take time, but the outlook here is very positive.

Cons

Due to the many changes they have implemented or want to implement, sometimes there is lack of clear and concise direction and communication among the managers to hourly employees.

Management do need to continue to improve communication with their staff by planning ahead and providing clear direction to ensure that duties and/or projects may be completed correctly the first time around. Although this never occurs in dire situations, it can be a bit frustrating.

Changing For the Better

I have been working at CTBC Bank full-time

Pros

Over the past 18 months, there have been significant changes in the leadership team. Business has been growing and the future looks much better than the recent past. There is still a ways to go, but accountability has been improving in the company. Our brand and image in the marketplace has also been improving. There are many learning opportunities to cross train and learn more about the banking world. Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/401k/Time off/Annual Bonus) are very generous compared to my last two employers.

Cons

Being proactive and assertive is a requirement for you to move up. No one will babysit you. You have to produce results first before the bank will consider rewarding you. New culture and expectation changes are not a fit for everyone.

Continue to improve the company culture. Recognize and appreciate your employees for their achievements. Communicate more frequently to all levels of employees in the bank regarding the overall direction.

Great place to learn and grow

I have been working at CTBC Bank full-time

Pros

I recently joined CTBC Bank not too long ago and so far my experience has been great. At the time I joined, new management had already taken their desks and although they are currently going through some internal restructuring, based on previous opinions, the change was needed. I have confidence in these leaders and am glad to see that they are trying to diversify both their client base as well as internally. CTBC is known for their international global presence but I see the efforts in establishing their footprint in the U.S. division which is exciting to be a part of. During my time here, I have seen them promote internally and have been able to have conversations with my manager about my professional growth within the organization which shows me that they care. They compensate fairly, offer full benefits, and do not micromanage. I do believe that this environment is a great place to learn and grow.

Cons

Because they have big goals I do believe it's time to bring on additional employees. With the internal restructuring also comes reevaluating current staff and cutting off dead weight. If you work hard you will be appreciated but if you've been one to cruise by, you will get noticed. With that being said, it's not uncommon to wear multiple hats here. It seems like they have allocated some resources towards recruiting and bringing on the right people but only time will tell.

Not a great place to work. It's fine if you're used to working at Chinese banks previously.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I worked at CTBC Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience to learn about the banking functions, Jump right into work. A lot of higher level tasks expected out of lower level employees so job experience is given quickly. Learn about Asian style banking. Health benefits are decent.

Cons

Not all Managers are definitely not properly trained by HR in proper treatment of employees. HR does not manage employees (or train them properly in harassment, fair treatment or employees) correctly thus there are definitely a lot of unethical issues being swept under the rug. HR will selectively pick out employees and some managers reign free. There is s lot of personal relationships between employees that cause a lot of politics in terms of getting work done with various people across departments. The work mentality at this company is Work is your life. There is often a sense that taking time off should only be for Family reasons only and or emergencies only. Noticed non-exempt level positions being labeled as exempt positions is really wrong and messed up. Compensation is definitely not at the standard US standards at all. If anything they are using the lowest amount as mid range. There is little to no recognition of employees who have stayed long-term with the company. Stressful work environment. No 401k matching. Full time is not a 40 hour work week here, it's actually less than that, so nonexempt employees should consider that in terms of yearly salary here.

Running a company and the employees by these standards it is currently in in the US is very unethical. If proper compensation were given to employees, I am sure that the work quality of people would be better. A lot of issues are problems fixed after the fact. Rather, why not invest more in better training , if not live training for employees and therefore prevent a lot of issues from happening. I'm surprised the people within the bank not realize they're not matching industry's standards. I think if they dispersed better pay and work training environments to their lower masses this company could prosper

Under staffed and lack of accountability

Current Employee - General Affairs Associate II in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - General Affairs Associate II in Torrance, CA

I have been working at CTBC Bank

Pros

Lots of benefits
    No micro managing

Cons

Low pay
    Lack of responsibility among employees
    Lack of communication from management
    Conflicting information from co-workers

Think ahead and issue clear directives including deadlines, objectives, and deliverables.

soso

I worked at CTBC Bank

Pros

full benefits, great place to learn anything

Cons

management recognizing talented employees needs to be done.

none