CTDI

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.2

Gerald J. Parsons

Pros
  • Decent pay, but nothing to be proud of (in 3 reviews)

• Very competitive wages, pretty good benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management very unprofessional when motivating workers (in 8 reviews)

• Unfortunately I was let go within six months, yet I was promised a full time offer at the start (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

it was a great work environment

Former Employee - Picker in Coatesville, PA
    Former Employee - Picker in Coatesville, PA

I worked at CTDI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked great hours, and it was a great work environment.

Cons

staying on your feet for long hours.

benefits could be better.

Poor Management

Current Employee - Temp in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Temp in West Chester, PA

I have been working at CTDI

Pros

Good work culture, employees are kind, upper management is poorly managed. Some of the people you meet will be very kind and supportive, however, that is not agreed upon amongst upper management who view their employees as negatively.

Cons

The work you do here at CTDI is honestly not worth the pay. Although the actual people here are fine to work with, upper management is completely run by family members and do not recognize the all the work employees put in.

False Promises From The Start

I worked at CTDI (less than an year)

Pros

Good learning experience as well as benefits.

Cons

I was fortunate enough to work in a very diverse group which was very knowledgeable about the specific sector of the company. Unfortunately I was let go within six months, yet I was promised a full time offer at the start. The culture of the company was terrible due to the constant stress of layoffs and every family member is MGMT positions. I don't understand how this company can progress when this is the atmosphere the majority of employees face everyday.

Don't make promises you cant fulfill.

Terrible place to work at!

Current Employee - IT/Engineering in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ
    Current Employee - IT/Engineering in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

I have been working at CTDI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is the great medical benefits.

Cons

The company only cares about profits. The employees them selves are fine, however management is a completely different story. While I myself am involved with management I absolutely can not stand the way they treat their employees. This company refuses to keep quality employees because they know they will have to pay them what they are worth.

Grow a pair and actively communicate with your employees.

Bad Management

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CTDI as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

For the most part great co-workers, The pay, Room to learn.

Cons

Terrible management, benefits , only care about money, hazing

awful management

Former Employee - Varied
    Former Employee - Varied

I worked at CTDI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

its a job, there are some good supervisors. But its luck of the draw. Pay is ok

Cons

Far too many temps. Some who have worked very hard and deserved jobs. You never know when your job will be cut or moved. I went through 8 branch managers in 5 years. The bottom line has become the only interest in this company

Most unprofessional company I've ever worked for.

I worked at CTDI

Pros

the employees were great to work with. Very helpful, always willing to go out of their way for me.

Cons

Management was absolutely horrible. Selfish, not supportive or motivating at all. They give a ridiculous number to meet daily and not enough man power or tools to get the job done. I succeeded in every area I worked in. I come from a military family so all I know is to push myself physically and mentally. But it still wasn't enough for them. Upper management was real quick to step on toes to cover their mistakes and never offered to help when someone (including myself) needed it. I worked through my lunch and breaks many times just to meet my quota. Only reason I stuck it out with this company was to feed my wife and kids. Soon as the company heard that I went to a job interview, they terminated my assignment (I was temp for 11mo). I would never recommend working here. Not worth the stress or money.

listen to your empoyees, consider their needs. Learn to communicate with eachother. Happy workers are harder workers.

Good place to work, if they hire you on

I have been working at CTDI

Pros

Fast paced and like the people I work with and like what I do

Cons

Sheen working there forever but only as a temp

Hire on hard working employees

overbearing family run business

I have been working at CTDI full-time

Pros

You do get a certain amount of autonomy if you have half a brain. But that can change in an instant.

Cons

Rather than hiring people that know what they are doing they put family in positions of authority. They aren't necessarily good leaders. They are frequently unreasonable at times.

Stop pulling deadlines out of a hat, get some input. Stop letting managers use the employees as their private harem.

Nightmare

Former Employee - Bench Tester in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Bench Tester in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at CTDI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only thing good to me was the benefits and the people who worked there. I met a lot of good folks that were stuck at that place just to have a paycheck coming in.

Cons

Management was horrible they were never satisfied with the work you completed, they always tried to get more production out of you by lying about how much production corporate wanted(found that out by talking to a person who had a ear in management)when you was doing well over your production requirements. A lot of favoritism from upper management. One example is a person getting a promotion to supervisor with 0 experience while there was a guy there with 9 years of experience with a good track record just completely not considered(true story). All employees being treated like kids being told to be quite and not talk even though production was being met. Just sorry for the actual good workers that were stuck there but could not find anything else.

I do not know if corporate knew what was going but my advice would be just to start over and get new management for that facility.