CTIS, Inc. Reviews

Reset
3.4
Raj Shah

Great boss and colleagues

Pros

I love my direct boss at CTIS and colleagues. I find them supportive and talented. There is a lot of talent at the company overall. HR tries very hard to engage and excite its employees by introducing wellness tips, programs, and good benefits.

Cons

Get all departments working well together.

2. Great tech firm that has heart!

Former Employee - Mid-level Java Developer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Mid-level Java Developer in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at CTIS for over a year and gained so much experience in a small amount of time. They are constantly innovating new technology that has a real world impact. I was happy to work for a company that valued my input and allowed for a large amount of autonomy. I had a great time working with the great minds that I met there. So many of the developers were full of great ideas and that was very inspiring.

Cons

I wish there were more restaurants close-by. The parking was not very shady so bring a visor for your windshield or you'll be super hot on summer days.

Great Company with a Lot of Potential

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time

Pros

There is alot of transparency and room for growth. CEO encourages learning on the job and frequently takes time aside to mentor employees. Lots of teamwork, another family really. Excellent compensation and benefits.

Cons

Individual groups tend to isolate themselves within the organization, however the senior leadership team is actively is working on breaking down the silos.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work growing the company at a steady rate and increasing employee satisfaction consistently.

Learned So Much from a Great Team of People

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

I really valued my time at CTIS and learned a lot from everyone within the company. As a small business you become a family and really look out for one another like you would as siblings. Team work is key and knowing you can count on one another makes any day easier to get through. At the end of the day, I was able to be apart of many projects and learned so much over the 2 years I worked there.

Cons

I wish I had a bit more flexibility with my work schedule.

Awesome Place to do Meaningful Work

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CTIS is dedicated to using the tools of IT to bringing cures and treatments for cancer to the market. As an attorney, there are few places where teamwork, flexible hours, and the chance to make meaningful change go hand-in-hand. I love each of my colleagues and the firm's interest in mitigating health disparities. We also have an environment of inclusion and diversity, which is something very rare to the information technology sector.

Cons

This is a small business matrix organization. That means that we all sink or swim together. This is not the place for you if you want to get lost in doing the same thing day-to-day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! As we continue to grow, we should continue to keep in mind all of the things that have worked in the past while continuing to focus on the needs of individual patients.

7. Mission focused company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mission oriented company with a focus on building solutions that will eventually help save lives. Most hands-on work environment with one of the best thought leader in the industry at it's helm. One of the best delivery team in and around the beltway that I have come across and feel very proud to be involved with the company at all levels.

Cons

Work -Life balance needs to improve a little more and that the company needs to focus on some more best practices that is focused towards a structured growth and innovation.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the right things and don't get distracted with any internal/external factors. Get more structure around BD and growth and make use of the best practices that the company excels in at delivery.

8. Thrive company that make difference in Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CTIS is a company with Heart from CEO to management. The most important thing that I about the company is that there is never a dull moment so the staff here are never bored. This is company that is making a difference in Health care. Flex working hours, Excellent Pay, Excellent benefits.

Cons

Not that I can think

Advice to Management

Management does a great job at helping employees advance in their careers. Keep focus on those with great potential and keep doing what you already do to help them succeed.

9. Get out if you can!

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great but sometimes the stress that comes along with it makes you wonder whether it is worth it.

Cons

Well first let me start off by saying. The CEO looks likes a little devil. Once I saw him I then understood why everyone in the office had the same look of despair and hopelessness they feed off of your happiness. There is clearly a hierarchy there if you are not of Indian descent it is very hard for you to advance. Diversity is a joke as they hire token non-Indians (in my honest opinion) to meet the status quo. You will spend your entire day in meetings and listen to the CEO rant about, On one occasion for example during a blizzard I might add, about him getting Medicare but then you will get screamed at for not getting your work done. CTIS is known for passing the buck. No one can take ownership of their faults. It is a trickling effect from the CEO on down. The fact that the company was named one of the Healthiest Companies in Maryland is a joke. You are allotted 30mins to walk once a week. Be mindful for if you are away from your desk for too long they may send the hounds to come after you. You will get so stressed at CTIS you will either lose a lot of weight or will gain a lot of weight depending on how your body handles stress. They spend so much money to host elaborate events and invite very high profile figures but they cannot pay any of their vendors on time. Too many talented people have come and gone. The CEO cannot keep a personal assistant for more than 6 months max. I applaud the one lady who walked out on her second day she was my hero. The CEO always has an entourage of people following him most are women to whom he demeans. The CEO loves to belittle his employees. It seems as though it is his favorite past-time. The senior management team is ineffective and many don't know what to do. There are constant changes in strategy sometimes daily. Leadership roles aren't clearly defined LONG HOURS weekends included!!!! You are not expected to have a life outside of CTIS. You will get in trouble for it. The CEOs motivational emails are ramblings, when he isn't screaming at someone. Aside from his physical health issues I believe he may has some mental health issues as well. I will end this by say saying CTIS pays you well above market rate but kills your soul.

Advice to Management

Understand that without your employees this business cannot flourish and grow. Treat your employees better.

Wish I Knew About Glassdoor Before Accepting a Job Here!

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Rockville MD office is close for those who live in Maryland (I don't). There is ample parking in the parking lot. The elevators work. There are nice restaurants nearby for lunch. It is near 270. The lowly staff (like me) are truly good people who are scared for their livelihood and jobs. The benefits are ok. The pay is ok but the merit raises are small.

Cons

I am honestly afraid of retribution for posting this, but I have to. CTIS is the worst work experience of my life. There is little diversity here. Most of the staff are of Indian background like me. Other races don't seem to last long here. I think the CEO's publicly known health issues have affected his ability to lead. He rants constantly and often puts down us workers in front of the entire company. He seems to enjoy embarrassing his employees, especially the females. They must sit in his meetings and stay silent even when he unleashes a tirade against them. The senior management team is ineffective and impotent. A few also seem to enjoy yelling at the staff and blaming everyone else for their problems. There is a new strategy every few days. The CEOs emails to the staff are the stuff of Dilbert. He thinks he's inspiring us with his words of wisdom and thought for the day but the messages are often senseless and rambling and scary. His wife seems to silently run the company though she never speaks in any staff meeting. I once turned to HR for advice and help but will never make that mistake again. I don't think any of them have HR experience and made it clear they support the management.

Advice to Management

This place is broken. Maybe stop meeting with each other all the time and have a real meeting with the staff to learn to help the company. I feel like I am on a sinking ship.

Could It Get Worse? (Wish There Was A Zero Star Rating)

Current Employee - Won't Provide Due to Fear of Retribution in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Won't Provide Due to Fear of Retribution in Rockville, MD

I have been working at CTIS, Inc. full-time

Pros

Decent compensation, could be a comedy show on cable TV (no one would believe this madness and insanity could be true)

Cons

Senior management cannot make a decision, constant changes in strategy (several times per day), disengaged CEO with wild mood swings and anger management issues, confused staff with low morale, departments working in stove pipe organization structure with little to no positive communication, overworked staff like me who cover two or three paying customers simultaneously yet are yelled at and berated, poor and unhealthy working conditions at our offsite offices, LONG hours, women crying in the hallways and bathrooms, insanity.

Advice to Management

Run. Get out now. This was the worst firm I have ever worked for. During my tenure we saw incredibly talented people come and quickly go due to mismanagement, a possibly insane CEO and senior staff, and constant finger pointing between management. The CEOs motivational emails were often ramblings of random thought when he wasn't belittling someone. Please remember that without your employees the company is done. Lead from the front. Determine the strategy and stick to it. Quit blaming everyone but yourself for the companys woes. Take responsibility now. Apologize to your clients. SHOW SOME LEADERSHIP. I cannot wait to leave and many others are actively looking too. I would love to meet the people who posted the positive reviews. They have to be senior management trying to cover up their low scores from actual former and active employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed