CTL Transportation
www.ctltransportation.com Mulberry, FL

CTL Transportation Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Mark Bostick

Good start up job for new drivers.

Hazmat Tanker Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsI appreciated the opportunity to become a driver trainer, they gave me a lot of useful tools that came with the intercompany training.

ConsBeing a satellite terminal sometimes it felt like the office wasn't given the attention it needed in regard to equipment and information. They also took ten percent of our pay with the promise that it would be given back and it never was.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my seven years with the company there were at least five different terminal managers, I cant help but wonder why, was it bad hiring practices or were they not given the support they needed from upper management.

Get some experience and move on.

Local Dedicated (Former Employee)
    Saint Gabriel, LA

Prosa good place to get your initial truck driving experience with the opportunity to become a driver trainer with less than a year experience. Flexible work schedules. Many former employees who got their start with CTL go on to bigger and better things with other companies.

ConsGood drivers are abused because they are asked to help out the slackers. There are almost no consequences for rule infractions other than wrecks so most people stop caring. Even experienced drivers are treated like new truck driving school graduates. Minimal manning, so the terminal manager and dispatcher don't have time to talk with employees or customers. Most terminals are in a state of disrepair with dirty bathrooms, old computers and minimal equipment. Even the terminal manager's furniture is threadbare. Low pay, so the turnover rate probably approaches triple digits. Very political, if you cross the line, you'll pay the price. No opportunities for owner-operators/lease operators.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some new blood to manage your terminals and take their advice even if it means firing some of the current crop of yes boys. STOP trying to micro manage everything from Florida and empower the terminal managers. If you aren't going to get off the golf course and invest a little time and money in the company, do us a favor and SELL the company. Maybe Kenan is still in the market to buy another tanker company.

Good HAZMAT training.

Hazmat Tanker Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsGood HAZMAT training.
    Home Daily.
    Easy, Understandable Dispatch.

ConsSlow Trucks.
    Old Equipment.
    Constant Exposure to chemicals.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VERY IFFY

Prospective Driver (Former Employee)
    Mulberry, FL

ProsPeople are super nice......maybe a little too nice. The benefits don't seem to bad.

ConsLOW pay. I was making .37cpm with my last company and these guys wanted to pay me less than what I was making at 6 months experience. I have 3 years experience. The recruiter was VERY pushy. Very nice but she called me at least twice a day. I don't think I will take the job. When I went for my road test the equipment was not old but it was an automatic truck and it was def. NOT a smooth ride. I would not feel comforatable driving one with liquid in the tank. Even the safety person who administered the test said he didn't like the way that truck drove. Overall...NOT impressed. I can find a job around here making 60k easy but this one only offered about 33-40.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY YOUR DRIVERS!!!! I don't know how you keep employees!

Bad and ugly

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
    Mulberry, FL

Prosa job if you really really need one

ConsBad pay, old wore out truck, job not as described. I was offered repayment of costs for truck driving school, a pay rate that was over stated, and a retirement plan. When I got there they said "OH" you just missed the date for repayment of school, your pay is 10% less then stated, and we had to suspend the 401(K). No medical insurance for like 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new trucks!!!!

Worked for CTL Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CTL Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CTL Transportation CEO Mark Bostick. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by CTL Transportation employees.