CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)
www.askcts.com Birmingham, AL 150 to 499 Employees

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Intern Learning

Intern (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) as an intern for less than a year

ProsYou will learn a ton, company trips, lunches, culture is nice

ConsYour opinion really does not matter there...Not really a con though

Overall great company!

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time

ProsTruly value employees work/life balance and have a genuine desire to help employees further their careers.

ConsConduct market analysis each year to keep up to date with competitors salaries and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management has done a great job ensuring the culture of the company.

Very relaxed environment

Intern (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time for less than a year

ProsCTS has very friendly workers. Incredibly helpful

ConsI didn't love the location

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Analyst 2

Analyst (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Working atmosphere ,Friendly managers , Good opportunity to for fresh graduates , Opportunity to work on a lot of different technologies.

ConsPays very less , Employs a lot of more people when a lot of the current employees are in bench .

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Great company to get experience

Consultant II (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to get experience. They promote many different types of training. They pay and give bonuses for certifications. The entry level positions are asked to learn about all major technologies we work with before focusing on their field.

ConsYou are a consultant, meaning sometimes you may be asked to travel to a client's site. Consultants sometimes work odd hours. Most days are the standard 8:30-5:30, but that may change due to deadlines or client obligations. If you do not know how to balance work and life without the standard 9-5 situation, this is not for you.
If you only want to do one thing and one thing only, this is not the place for you. They push you to make you more well rounded. QA people sometimes do a little development work and vise versa.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the subjective factors more when considering people for promotion. Just because they met all pre-reqs for promotion does not mean they are ready.

There are many technological opportunities here with efforts rewarded.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

ProsI have been able to work within a large range of software development and business intelligence technologies (Microsoft, Informatica, Oracle). I can walk down the hall and discuss my weekend or work life with the CEO or any of the upper management. Bosses seem to actually care how the stress of current projects relates to an employee. The company has a "do your job well, and you will be rewarded well" attitude.

ConsFor my current position, there is nothing about which I can complain. Any "perceptions" about management or leadership would not be based on direct fact and therefore not relevant. I am happy with my career here.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more information and efforts downstream to prepare roles close to future leadership. Get employees more involved in community projects and charities in order to increase a sense of "worth."

CTS Review

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

ProsCTS is an awesome place to work. It was named the number one place to work for in Alabama last year and placed second the year before.

ConsThis is the only place I have ever worked where they expect employees to buy stock instead of awarding stock to them.

Rewarding and challenging

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

Proswe care about our clients

ConsDo not praise our employees enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrasie more

Executive management is made up of friends and they promote 'yes men'.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

ProsGood for a new undergrad that wants to focus on developing software programming or QA skills.

ConsNot much in terms of innovation - they focus on .NET and SQL Server, and are average at that.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, there is no point.

CTS is a great company to work and grow with, I would highly recommend it.

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)

ProsGreat people, a challenging environment, and plenty of opportunities to advance with the ability to work on varied technologies across multiple industries.

ConsThe life of a consultant can be demanding and it isn't for everyone. If you don't want to be in an environment where you are asked to quickly adapt, change, learn, travel, or otherwise do something that might not be in your written job description then CTS is not the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCTS has been working towards better communication across all levels of the organization. This effort needs to continue as some decisions should involve more than just upper management in order to ensure employee buy-in and adoption.

Worked for CTS (Computer Technology Solutions)? Contribute to the Community!

CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) Videos

CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) – Why Work for Us?

Our people are our most important asset. We have over 200 employees across 6 different office locations, but we are all one team. Together, we work with Fortune 1000 clients across the southeast to build custom… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) reviews and ratings in Birmingham, AL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) CEO Larry Lilley. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by CTS (Computer Technology Solutions) employees.