CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services)

www.cts411.com

2.4
Pam Faver

1. Growing Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people work here. There are multiple offices so I constantly meet new people. I like them all. There are a lot of Large projects with long term implementation so we must be doing something right. Constantly adding staff so it gives me a great opportunity to grow.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company. Busy is good. We could use new vehicles and new computers but who's complaining. We have trucks for projects and I just make the request and I get it assigned for my project.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Document more processes, more information sharing and more training.

The most frustrating place to work!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The ability to work with great, smart and hard working peers. The Company is small with few employees, which allows individuals the ability to gain experience in many different roles.

Cons

This is the most frustrating employer that I have ever worked for. The Owner(s) of the company do not value their employees. They have rendered the senior leadership team powerless to make decisions. The owners change their minds continuously and debate everything to death. They act as though they are above legal and ethical business practices and mistreat the people that work for them. In the 4 plus years I worked for the company I saw the staff turn itself over 3 times. The company has an turn over rate of 80%. Employees are not given the resources or support to do their jobs, and are not rewarded for jobs well done. As the staff has left, the work is passed to existing staff members with no new resources added. Employee raises are few and far between, and are typically a joke. Bonuses are non-existent.

Advice to Management

I had great managers at this company, I only wish that they had been empowered to to their jobs. I would advise the owners to butt out of the day to day operations, focus on sales, stop treating employees, customers and vendors poorly and to share the profits of the business. I would be surprised if the company is in business another 12 months.

Has promise but lacks leadership

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good client base, needed services for the marketplace

Cons

Juvenile leadership that is pushed around by its customers

Advice to Management

Get clear on your goals and then stick to them

Poorly organized company

Pros

The people and the CEO are very nice and generally pleasant.

Cons

Very disorganized, no training, no expectations. Very poor teaming environment. Internal systems are so sloppy and poorly run I worry about legal ramifications. They are getting bad reputation for not recruiting real talent, just PMs and sales people. Hard to work for a company which gets frequently bad-mouthed.

Advice to Management

Hire real professions who bring real skills and/or use the skills you have more effectively. Treat employees as members of a team not just money generators.

Thriving Company treats employees well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

There are really nice, smart people working here. Benifets are good with Medical, PTO, Holidays, Life Insurance and 401K. I like working here and plan to stay.

Cons

There are many departments, offices and different services offered. Managers seem to get territorial. Manypeople started when the company was small and they don't like the growth. Most of them are gone now and the enviornment is much better.

Advice to Management

The owners need to help the managers work things out among themselves so they are not airing their differences in from of employees. I need more documentation on how to do things around here and more training on what is expected.

an unsatisfying and sort of humiliating experience

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

Come in and take charge and no one is going to tell you what to do. Some of the people are really awesome to work with and have made great friends. Most of the negative people who have small views of the world have left as of 08/26/2011.

Cons

No one is going to tell you to your face that you're doing something wrong. They will talk behind your back and then squeeze you out. No direction and no training. They will sell this as a company that does all kinds of engineering and when you get in there, only about four people do engineering and the rest are project managers. I worked there for one year and used my calculator (to solve an engineering problem) exactly twice.

Advice to Management

GET REAL! Seriously evaluate yourself as a company and try to take steps to build a culture that people will want to stay in and thrive. YOU ARE A REVOLVING DOOR!

CTS is a great place to get on your feet during the recession...and then move on as quickly as possible.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

CTS is a good place to work if you want to gain experience in the telecommunications and RF industries. The employees are great to work with and be around.

Cons

The upper-level management shows little concern for employees when it comes to general communication, expectations, or compensation. The employees are expected to sacrifice for the good of the whole during the recession by giving up benefits and holidays, even when the company is more profitable than ever and the principals are reaping the rewards.

Advice to Management

Show genuine concern and consideration for your employees and compensate them accordingly. Saving money on payroll and blaming the recession seems like a great idea now, but this will not be the case as more companies continue to hire. You have amazing talent and it would serve you well not to squander it.

Good Company

Current Employee - PAT in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - PAT in Chennai (India)

Pros

No much stress. Easy going

Cons

No proper hikes and sal

Advice to Management

Plz look at the people stick to CTS for long time.

RSS Feed </> Embed