CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services) Reviews

2.6
Pam Faver

1. Growing Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people work here. There are multiple offices so I constantly meet new people. I like them all. There are a lot of Large projects with long term implementation so we must be doing something right. Constantly adding staff so it gives me a great opportunity to grow.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company. Busy is good.
    We could use new vehicles and new computers but who's complaining.
    We have trucks for projects and I just make the request and I get it assigned for my project.

Keep up the good work. Document more processes, more information sharing and more training.

Has promise but lacks leadership

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good client base, needed services for the marketplace

Cons

Juvenile leadership that is pushed around by its customers

Get clear on your goals and then stick to them

Poorly organized company

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services)

Pros

The people and the CEO are very nice and generally pleasant.

Cons

Very disorganized, no training, no expectations. Very poor teaming environment. Internal systems are so sloppy and poorly run I worry about legal ramifications. They are getting bad reputation for not recruiting real talent, just PMs and sales people. Hard to work for a company which gets frequently bad-mouthed.

Hire real professions who bring real skills and/or use the skills you have more effectively. Treat employees as members of a team not just money generators.

Thriving Company treats employees well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services)

Pros

There are really nice, smart people working here.
    Benifets are good with Medical, PTO, Holidays, Life Insurance and 401K.
    I like working here and plan to stay.

Cons

There are many departments, offices and different services offered. Managers seem to get territorial. Manypeople started when the company was small and they don't like the growth. Most of them are gone now and the enviornment is much better.

The owners need to help the managers work things out among themselves so they are not airing their differences in from of employees. I need more documentation on how to do things around here and more training on what is expected.

an unsatisfying and sort of humiliating experience

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services)

Pros

Come in and take charge and no one is going to tell you what to do. Some of the people are really awesome to work with and have made great friends. Most of the negative people who have small views of the world have left as of 08/26/2011.

Cons

No one is going to tell you to your face that you're doing something wrong. They will talk behind your back and then squeeze you out. No direction and no training. They will sell this as a company that does all kinds of engineering and when you get in there, only about four people do engineering and the rest are project managers. I worked there for one year and used my calculator (to solve an engineering problem) exactly twice.

GET REAL! Seriously evaluate yourself as a company and try to take steps to build a culture that people will want to stay in and thrive. YOU ARE A REVOLVING DOOR!

CTS is a great place to get on your feet during the recession...and then move on as quickly as possible.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services)

Pros

CTS is a good place to work if you want to gain experience in the telecommunications and RF industries.
    The employees are great to work with and be around.

Cons

The upper-level management shows little concern for employees when it comes to general communication, expectations, or compensation. The employees are expected to sacrifice for the good of the whole during the recession by giving up benefits and holidays, even when the company is more profitable than ever and the principals are reaping the rewards.

Show genuine concern and consideration for your employees and compensate them accordingly. Saving money on payroll and blaming the recession seems like a great idea now, but this will not be the case as more companies continue to hire. You have amazing talent and it would serve you well not to squander it.

Good Company

Current Employee - PAT in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - PAT in Chennai (India)

I have been working at CTS (Consolidated Telecom Services)

Pros

No much stress. Easy going

Cons

No proper hikes and sal

Plz look at the people stick to CTS for long time.