CTS Corporation

Updated July 1, 2014
2.3

CTS Corporation President, CEO, and Director Vinod M. Khilnani
Vinod M. Khilnani

Used to be a good materials and microelectronics company

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Elkhart, IN
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Elkhart, IN

I have been working at CTS Corporation

Pros

There aren't any, unless you are a senior manager on the gravy train

Cons

Waiting to be ex'd or outsourced

Fire yourselves and hire engineers. The single strongest predictor of long term investment value is "the degree of innovation" present in a company. Look at companies like Dupont & GE......lack of innovation is in inverse relation with shareholder value as a long term investment (especially in "high tech" markets). Companies like CTS hamstring product development (especially in times like we are experiencing now) with singularly myopic focus on quarterly financial results. Conversely, The BEST companies to invest in are those, who, during the tough times, use their time developing world beating, best in class products. CTS has been "hollowed-out", several times over in the past few years because of management's gnat-like attention span.

CTS management is out of touch with the daily operation of their company.

Current Employee - Production Worker in Londonderry, NH
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Londonderry, NH

I have been working at CTS Corporation

Pros

CTS is close to my home, with the high price of gas, this is a great benefit. We always have plenty of work, which is good in this economy. I work with some great people.

Cons

The CTS management have no interest in the daily activities of most of the employees. There are many improvements that need to be made and they just ignore many of the suggestions that are made but the people who actually do the work. A lot of time and money is wasted due to incompetence of some of the management.

Spend more time on the production floor (daily) to see how the operation actually runs. Interact with the employees, get to know them and their jobs. Listen to suggestions people have to improve things. Be willing to spend the money to improve the quality of life and work at CTS, this will improve efficiency and quality and eventually save the company money.

Really good, I still compare my experience at CTS with my current organization

Former Employee - Manager in Raigarh (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Raigarh (India)

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very Good HR practices, excellent working environment, transparency among ranks, seniors are very approachable

Cons

Allocation of projects among resources, slightly regional nature of management,

Every employee needs acknowledgement of the job he is doing. A simple pat or a nod from the manager can be really helpful. Also the responsibilities should be allocated based on talent, education and experience and not on the basis of which region a certain person comes from.

Good Going

I worked at CTS Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good to start your career with. Good remuneration. Good opportunities for onsite.

Cons

No work life balance. Only work work and more work.

Try to be a little employee friendly. Maybe you can devise better policies.

Great place to work if you're one of the chosen few

I have been working at CTS Corporation

Pros

fairly low pressure, not much overtime or weekends required.

Cons

Poor communication between management and engineering ranks. It's easy to tell who management favorites are - they get best equipment, assignments and perks. There is no room for advancement - Few management positions to start with and they are filled with long time employees. CTS does not like to spend money, so don't look for cutting edge technology.

CTS

I worked at CTS Corporation

Pros

Location in US, coworkers are pretty good. Challenging work for those who want to put forth the effort. Assistance with schooling.

Cons

Recent product recall on the brakes....quality of the brakes. Big hit to reputation of the product. As a supplier should be doing better

Communicate, communicate, communicate. People make the difference invest in them

ok

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at CTS Corporation

Pros

good for freshers and not for experienced persons

Cons

middle mgmt is not doing good with the technical engineers

keep a eye on middle mgmt