CURO Health Services

Updated November 3, 2014
Updated November 3, 2014
3.2

Larry Graham

I have enjoyed working for this company and would encouraged others to apply.

Current Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Supportive hospice team and terrific CD

Cons

NONE at this time NA

Would love to be able to use the Blue Book with this company,,,, I have been a hospice for a long time and this is the first time not using. I would encourage to use it within all our hospices. It is vital to family members to be educated on the dying experience and what to expect . Gone from My sight is the best teaching tool for families.

I LOOOOVE BEING A HOSPICE RN...It is an honor and a blessing to care for someone in their final days. ♥

Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- AMAZING PRN RATES!!! $4250 was my largest check covering a 2 week period!!! (After taxes, I cleared over $72k as a hospice RN in 2013.) And. I've only been a RN for 2 years! #boss

- Patient visits are front loaded on Monday. Therefore, you make your weekly schedules! Can you say Free Fridays??! :)

- PRN RN paid 55 cents/mile. FT CM paid $250 car stipend each month.

- 21 DAYS OF PAID PTO plus all major holidays are paid days off for FT CMs.

- Opportunity to be a positive influence in life of terminal patient and their family.

- Intimately connect with, educate, counsel, guide, and calm fears during the most emotional and scary time in someone's life.

- Assist patient with end of life planning... patients prepare for their exit from this world and do not leave the burden on their children or other grief stricken family members.

- $50/month cell phone allowance for all nursing staff.

- free (company provided) high quality, embroided scrub tops.

- free (company provided) Sprint 4G tablet/cover with roaming data, wifi and gps (FREE REPLACEMENT MAILED if broken, dropped, lost)...makes charting quick and easy!!

- EVERYONE THINKS YOU ARE AN ANGEL OR A SAINT!! I don't really understand this... I am just doing my job. And. I happen to be very good at it. Not a miracle worker, just an awesome critical thinker!!

- Never pay for a speeding ticket again!! For real. Heehee. :)

Cons

- I see dead people. Like 24/7.

- I cry. Daily. Not when a patient dies, but I usually weap for those left behind because I know the heartache feels almost unbearable at TOD.

- Compassion fatigue. It is real. And. It sucks. Sometimes you just gotta walk away from the job...for your own happiness and health.

- Hospice is not a "shift" job... People die...all the time. Usually...it's right as you fall asleep, in the middle of your kid's dance recital, or on major holidays. And. Don't even get me started on full moons!!! That's when all geriatric patients go cuckoo...for real. That full moon brings out the "Jeckel" in my sweet old babies!

- Losing your favorite patient will wreck you. Probably forever. My favorite, "Pop," took a piece of my heart with him to Heaven.

- Visits from 8a-5p. Call from 5p-8a. Yep. That's zero time for sleep. But. Sleep is overrated, right??

- I spend more time with my old babies than my own baby.

- 10,000+ miles/month on MY car working in rural/country areas. Blows!!! I bought TWO FULL SETS OF TIRES (Dec 31 & May 15).

- Pretty sure WANDA, my gps unit in my car, drinks and drives...She makes me "wanda" around looking like an idiot...all the time!!

Monitor employees for compassion fatigue.

Offer counseling or spiritual help, in house, after the loss of patient.

Offer incentives to finish charting daily so RNs don't get behind...this is what struggled with!!

Company parties to meet and greet each other, since we are all out in the field.

More in house training.

Unethical practices, poorly qualified management, nepotism rules the day...

Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Jackson, MS

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive, but come with a price (pardon the pun). Work schedules are somewhat flexible, but time off is discouraged.

Cons

Get ready to work your tail off. Staff are expected to be available to work 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. No excuses. No vacation time, no sick days, just a flat PTO rate to cover everything and it's not enough. Time off is discouraged. Your family/children are not valued either so don't plan on taking off early to attend your child's school function. The answer is no. Think your caseload is heavy now? This company expects miracles in that department. You'll be expected to follow as many patients as the company "thinks" they can throw on you. And why not? You have no life outside of Curo anyway. Management are dismally unqualified. It's sad when your superior has to come to you for answers. Morale is at a record low... Obviously. And ironically while patient admissions are at a premium, high standards of patient care are sorely lacking.

Does the high altitude ever make your nose bleed? Get your noses out of the air and get real. You are not too important to provide good leadership to your employees. But first you must learn what leadership is.

I am currently employed at Curo Health Services

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Was able to learn a lot

Cons

Long hours and not a lot of Career Opportunities

n/a

Was Great

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

Great People. Work is fairly easy.

Cons

Hours were long but got better. Some secret stuff going on.

My Experience was a NIGHTMARE

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you love healthcare, then you at first are going.to love this. Although it is not your typical billing.

Cons

Goals are almost NEVER achievable!!...It is all about the money.

EVERYBODY in management is friends!!!...If they would set aside their friendships and do what is really right, and lawful this would probably be an awesome place to work.

Ever since Curo took over our hospice, it's all about the Money and not Patient care

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hmmmm.....i'm still thinking..... i just can't think of any pros at this time

Cons

decreased patient care, service failures, overworked underpaid nursing staff, no education related to hospice

Education is Key. You can't hire a nurse off the streets and expect them to be ready to provide patient care after a week of computer training. Hospice is a different philosophy of care. Nurses have to be educated on pain/symptom management. the patient is the one who suffers. Ever since curo bought our hospice, it's been a nightmare. Our software was changed, which is horrible. there is a difference between home health and hospice....

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Mooresville, NC

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

Encouraging Management
    Helping Coworkers
    Learning Curve is good
    Good Work/Life Balance

Cons

No complaints whatsoever. So far so good.

Keep up the good work.