CURO Health Services

Larry Graham

RN case manager

Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the team approach to patient care. Method of documentation was ok. Documentation done a tablet which was provided by the company.

Cons

Insurance benefits were poor. Lots of technical failures with tablets. Lots changes without proper notification to staff. Poor communication from upper management. Job very demanding. Lack of consistency.

Advice to Management

Need better equipment. Better benefits. Less emphasis on the amount of patients and more emphasis on providing care to patients

2. Director unable to delegate. Not big enough locally to justify my position

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The nurses and social workers and PCC really care about the patients and their well being

Cons

The DOO is unable to delegate. They company is too small locally to justify growth in any area except for nursing. I was bored and my skills were under utilized.

Advice to Management

Let go of your inability to delegate. Give your office staff something to do besides answer the phone. You have very smart people who want to help the company grow if you take the time to explore their talents.

3. COMPANY ILLEGAL

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

THERE ARE NONE. There is nothing good I can say about the care that they fail to give patients

Cons

Illegal billing, illegal care, illegal illegal, everything is illegal. They will be found out, doing too much not to be.

Advice to Management

I just hope the new owners will change the way everything is done here from admissions to hospice care.

5. Do not work here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CURO Health Services

Pros

Great people in the field. It's the administrative staff that will not support you.

Cons

The pay is terrible! I actually had a administrator tell me, if you cannot afford food and rent to ask one of the Social Workers how to get on Food stamps. Really!

Advice to Management

STOP BEING SO GREEDY, AND PAY YOUR STAFF!

6. This company only cares about how much of a bonus upper management can get....NOT THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

Some of the best coworkers I have ever worked with. If only upper management cared about their employees.

Cons

I worked for Curo for almost 4 years at their corporate office in NC. And to say that this company has their "Core Values" confused with "what Curo doesn't do" is an understatement. What is sad is they have, or had, some of the best and hardest workers I've ever worked with in my more than 17 years in my field. Both in Corp as well as throughout the field. Employees who went above and beyond every day only to always be told we want more of you, money money money (for themselves of course)....After working a 60 hour week. Upper management does not listen to it's employees nor care about ANYTHING other than census and them obtaining a better bonus. Another huge issue is the cliques....hard workers don't get raises, recognized or appreciated....it's ALL about who either is already friends with or sucks up to management/VPs. There's absolutely zero room for growth. When I first started and for the first few years.....I loved my job. But then Curo started getting money hungry. Couldn't even get through buying out one failing company accurately/completely before they were looking and buying out another while in the middle of numerous issues with the first one that still aren't fixed. Oh...you have a family???....forget about seeing them often. I had no issues working whatever OT was needed to get the job done. In fact I worked late, worked from home all the time and was available pretty much 24/7 to complete job's that management couldn't even complete but take the credit for .. when your "schedule" was 8-5. But, when a company works you to death, doesn't appreciate it, doesn't care...and on top of that gives raises and bonuses left and right to their upper management and sale's people but not the employees who deserve it. It's a slap in the face. ..ya who would think hospice has such an aggressive sales position?...just like a car salesperson! Who are pretty much given an expense account with zero limit....Victoria Secrets for employee christmas presents is a company expense how?? Not to mention the Lunch "meetings" daily for hundreds and thousands of dollars....per meal. Seriously. No raises or bonus this year but spent thousands of dollars on trips for management and their spouse's company paid...no exaggeration here. And more gift cards than you could imagine. No accountability....approved! Yet your employees work numerous hours extra, either for their regular salary or hourly/OT rate. As if they are doing us a favor by paying ot...it's the law! This company has completely gone down hill in the morality dept. And should you question or not totally agree and suck up....your job is threatened. A good manager listens to their employees and doesnt feel threatened by a good suggestion that betters a process or the company. Everyone is replaceable is how they think. Wish this company was like they were when I started. Always had the cliques in management....but at least you felt important....not just replaceable. The favoritism is outrageous as well. Curo is also being investigated for Medicare fraud...so do I suggest working for Curo? Absolutely not. They have some really great employees, dedicated employees, which they are losing due to poor management....and that's quite sad.

Advice to Management

You need to start listening to your employees and these reviews Curo! In the recruiting industry the name Curo is well known as most of your most valuable employees are seeking other employment. When they would normally ask "why did you leave Curo? " is replaced with "oh, curo...no explanation needed, we actually have a lot of Curo employees seeking jobs"...that's an issue. . If you value your employees and they feel a part of the big picture...that's when you have dedicated loyal employees for years to come. The cost of the high turnover at Curo severely outweighs a small raise or bonus to show the right employees they matter. When you have a few major departments working late into the night, at home, on weekends when they would normally work Monday - Fri 8 -5...appreciate them. It makes not seeing our families a little easier to swallow. I literally saw my child to wake him up for school and when I got home it was bedtime. It's understandable that all companies want to make money and grow...but when it cost you your most valuable employees. ..something is not working. Do I think Curo would ever even take advice such as mine and other reviews...no. They will just dig a hole deeper and the COO/CEO/VPs will walk now that their bank accounts are full, they have done it before. And Larry Graham, the CEO, I truly thought better of him. He is a caring spiritual man, but he has turned into it only being about money. Disappointed.

7. Amazing Company

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

Excellent place to work with amazing people. Our staff truly cares about patients like they are their own family members. Everyone will help others in any capacity needed. I pride myself on saying I work for Avalon Hospice. Caring and open minded management.

Cons

PTO is on the weaker side as there isn't much time given and includes sick time. Insurance is about the same as the industry as major medical only.

8. Unbalanced

I worked at CURO Health Services

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, you learn many things that you can use anywhere you go. There's not much more than that.

Cons

You work staff too hard for too long. Hard to have a personal life. Pay is not competative. Your not treat as professionals.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees well being and they will take care of patients, staff and company.

9. Poor Salary

Former Employee - NPC in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - NPC in Columbus, GA

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accepts new grads and trains

Cons

salary does not increase with experience

Advice to Management

Increase salary to compensate for experience

10. Case Manager

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in North Houston, TX
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in North Houston, TX

I worked at CURO Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, eat out a lot

Cons

Ignored best practice for ideas 10 years ago, not open to change, cliques, no orientation.

Advice to Management

Start over in north Houston

11. n/a

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS

I have been working at CURO Health Services full-time

Pros

I began working with Southern Care before Curo Health Services bought us out. Southern Care cared about its employees. We were never asked to work weekends if our numbers were low. They knew the importance of family time.

Cons

Curo is all about money money money. Get patients NOW. If we are penalized for having a low census and are expected to work weekends if the census us low. I work Mon-Fri full time. My weekends should be MY WEEKENDS! Not Curo time. This is my family time.

Advice to Management

My weekends should be MY WEEKENDS! Not Curo time. This is my family time. If Curo expects us to put our family second to put money in your pockets then this is NOT the company for me.

RSS Feed </> Embed