CUSO Financial Services

CUSO review

Current Employee - Web Designer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Web Designer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people, nice company, good benefits, fun staff

Cons

No room for growth if you are not a financial type

Moving away from the family friendly core values that they were known for.

I worked at CUSO Financial Services full-time

Pros

Beautiful office, great benefits, most employees are good to work with.

Cons

Training is non-existent in some departments, you're expected to work on your own without any feedback on whether you're doing a good job or not.

Some managers display favoritism towards employees in their departments, all employees are not created equal!

Broken promises, over-hyped local offices of sociopaths

Former Employee - Associate Investment Representative  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Associate Investment Representative in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at CUSO Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

none. bad benefits and compensation plan

Cons

You're at the mercy of a sociopath that doesn't know how to work with other people. All of the offices have people that don't know how to work with others or respect them. The individuals working here are left to make money and as long as they are doing that, they feel slave laboring and mental harassment is appropriate. I was hired to work with a senior advisor and he had to be the devil in human form. Worst company ever. I can't believe my family and I trusted their broken promises.

Train your employees to have morals and ethics. Also, make them accountable for their actions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible local Managing staff

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Broomall, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Broomall, PA

I worked at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

They seem to have a decent relationship with a lot of credit unions in the area

Cons

Terrible Management, degrades their employees. In 9 years of their program at my credit union, they were unable to keep good Advisors. I was the 2nd longest employee in 9 yrs at 18 months of employment. And our credit union finally fired CUSO for their inability and hired a new broker dealer too!

Hire a supportive and involved manager instead of one who consistently is negative and threatening to where no one wants to hear from them.

Awesome firm

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services

Pros

For a medium sized firm, they are family oriented, employees are not just a number. CEO and COO are approachable and interested and care about their employees. The technology is robust and ever changing and improving based on our business needs. I am able to access data quickly to efficiently work my book of business and better serve clients.

Cons

There are none at this time.

Great Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This organization not only cares about the success of the financial representatives and financial institutions, but it really cares about the happiness of the staff. I've seen many programs join from other firms. Their production always accelerates, and many times significantly.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great Place to work!

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services full-time

Pros

Fun Corporate Culture, Strategic Vision and Leadership from Senior Management. I always feel that they care.

Cons

Some employees feel entitled and complain about the silliest things. Wish they would focus on the bigger picture and enjoy being part of a fun, innovative organization which encourages people to participate, develop and grow.

Continue communication efforts and continue efforts on teamwork to maintain the fun and caring culture.

Overpromised and Underdelivered

Current Employee - Investment Advisor  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Investment Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to build a good relationship w/in a credit union to generate business

Cons

Lack of support from Program Managers and back office staff. Missing pay statements, undisclosed fees that come off your commissions, over inflated commission numbers to get you onboard the program and lack of technology

Be more proactive and more of a leader in leading the Investment Advisors to be successful

GREAT Experience as Financial Consultant (Advisor)

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Napa, CA

I have been working at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you work hard you will likely have a great referral stream from your credit union (or bank with the Sorrento Pacific Financial side) and a book of business to take over. The product selection is diverse and great. The back office people are always quick to answer and are very knowledgeable.

Cons

The technology is useful, but certainly not state of the art. If you don't work hard, or butt heads with the CU or Bank you will not succeed.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Terrible Program Management for Advisors

Former Employee - Advisor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CUSO Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have a good credit union you can overcome ineffective program management.

Cons

You must be an experienced, competent advisor on your own or you will fail. Avoid working in a managed program. Program managers provide little to no value but have a need to be involved as much as possible so they can justify to the credit union (their client) that they are worth 40% of the total revenue they take. Program mangers do not have an interest in an advisors personal success. If you get into a dual program with a good credit union you won't have to deal with that however. Much of the back office staff is difficult to work with.

Whittle down middle management which provides little value to front line producers and look for indiviuals who are in touch with the advisory world of today, not the 80s.

Worked for CUSO Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!