CVHCare Home Health

Updated December 30, 2014
3.6

Mark Parinas
1 Rating

Wonderful, challenging in a good way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a fantastic place for growth. The team is wonderful at mentoring, training, and providing positive challenges. We are growing a lot and often promote from within fairly quickly, and sometimes create new positions for superstar employees. I work with the Executive team a lot, and continue to be impressed with their commitment to doing business very morally and ethically, and with top priority being patient safety and care. I truly love getting up and going to work in the morning. If you are motivated and driven and willing to come in and prove your awesomeness, you will likely be happy here.

Cons

I haven't found any real cons so far. As with any company, large or small, there is always room for tweaking processes and improving things, but the management team is very proactive when anything that needs fixing is brought to their attention.

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time

Pros

if you speak Filipino you'll fit right in.

Cons

working in the administrative office is difficult. 90% female. and 75% females who act like high school valley girls and complain about how much work they have to do instead of actually doing their work . they don't staff enough people to actually get all the tasks done which is horrible when you are dealing with patients who have their lives on the line. Communication is horrible between clinicians, patients and even between people who work next to each other. Most of the office staff are Philippino which isn't a bad thing except when they are discussing important matters in their native tongue excluding people that need to be involved with said going-ons. No one answers the phone. It is basically impossible to get time off. Higher-ups play favourites. Clinical managers don't answer phone calls. Employees always sound upset on the phone. Clinicians pretty much never do their charting - which makes everyone else's job difficult. It is not uncommon for CVH to "lose" patients, i.e., patients that have care put on hold just never get followed up on to make sure they are okay. Clinicians often complain of not having enough supplies or not knowing where they are going. Most office personnel don't come in until 9:30 or 10 - not so helpful for clinicians who need to speak to their managers at 8. Everyone just seems disorganized. Rarely you will be able to get a hold of your boss. even when you actually need him. Most administrators spend half of their time at home. Pay is non-negotiable. They talk about how much they are growing and how big the company will be- but there is nothing to back that because they can't even keep track of patients they currently have. They aren't staffing enough people to actually grow. I'm sure the clinicians are great at their jobs - most of them get great reviews from patients, but there is about every other week a nurse that 'skips' a scheduled visit or a PT who lies on his charting. Not a place to work I'd say. They even recently lied to a new hire because they never told him he had to work weekends. He isn't able to work weekends so they are just making the other people in his department continue to do the rotations so he doesn't have to.
    Furthermore, originally posted this review on yelp (since someone else said to not work there). And a few days later HR called me into the office asking me to remove it. Nope, not gunna happen HR. Not until you make this company not suck. Furthermore, the previous CEO messed me about the Yelp review agreeing with everything I said and said he quit after 7 months because of "racism and unprofessionalism"

Get it together. walk the walk.

In HR, stress & frustration arises everyday, but I wake up every morning truly loving my job and proud to work here

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Castro Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Castro Valley, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health

Pros

Support provided by leadership...from visiting patients when clinicians are fully booked, to making sales calls in the field when Marketing needs assistance and taking the time to sit down to hear employee suggestions and recommendations. CVH promotes from within. Our patients and their needs really do come first.

Cons

As a smaller privately owned organization, the perks provided by a larger HMO are not prevalent: 401K, 2 weeks of PTO, education reimbursement, fully paid benefits.

Line Managers should take time to provide employees with recognition for a job well done.

Positive

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health

Pros

excellent clinical outcomes; some great leadership

Cons

lack of financial stability; non-competitive salaries

they are clearly working very hard to turn the company around.

CVHCare Home Health Photos