CVPartners

4.4

Nancy Gray

Administrative Assistant

I worked at CVPartners

Pros

Beautiful office spaces, friendly people, great upper management. Workers are passionate about recruiting, very knowledgeable about the industries they work for.

Cons

Not much I can say here.

Stellar company to work for!

I have been working at CVPartners full-time

Pros

Training:

Unlike some of the other reviews, I feel like I've been given all the training and support possible as a new recruiter. Within my division (there are several different departments of recruiting here), I have had nothing short of an amazing experience. I was offered twice weekly training sessions with one of the more senior recruiters and as much help/hand holding as I needed from my direct boss. I have never felt like I didn't have someone to turn to if I needed the help. Some of the other senior recruiters (in different divisions, no less!) even approached me just to see if I needed help with anything. Can't say enough about this!

Now that being said, this is definitely a job for a self-motivated person. There is no micro-managing here, so you have to be the type of person that can keep yourself on task and in check.

Culture:

The culture is amazing and everyone has a great time working together. Once a month happy hours and an open door policy leave everyone feeling like one big happy family. The Founders are very warm and welcoming.

Compensation:

The commission structure is amazing. I looked at several other recruiting agencies before joining CVP and no one else could touch their structure. Now that being said, we do operate on a draw (straight commission after a 6-mo guarantee period), but in the end I know I'll still make more here than I would have somewhere else.

Cons

The guarantee period (Salary plus your commissions at 50% of what they would be normally while receiving this) is only 6-months. As someone totally new to recruiting, that didn't seem quite long enough.

Seriously, can't say enough great things about this company. Hands down one of my favorite places that I've worked in my career. They come with my highest recommendation.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Take care of their employees, great comp plan, incentives, social events and work environment. Flat structure so not many layers to navigate, ownership and leadership are all very accessible. I have worked here for 3 and a half years now and would not consider working anywhere else!
    Despite some fo the other comments I do feel like there is a lot of support available and they give you a long enough leash to ramp up your business. There is also a great sense of team.

Cons

It is not for everyone, work hard and you will reap rewards, but you have to be inclined to work autonomously and seek guidance when you need it, not expect to be hand-held

Keep up the great work!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

I worked at CVPartners

Pros

Overall great place to work. Nice, fun people. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

More of a "trial and error" work environment meaning you learn as you go and there is not much structured training. This could be a good or bad thing, depending on your work style.

Excellent Company with a Solid Reputation

Current Employee - Finance Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best company with which I've worked. They provide autonomy and allow you to succeed based on your personal performance. If you perform well, you can earn more than most jobs in the Bay Area. The culture and people are great and everyone seems to get along well. We have great social events as well.

Cons

Not many other than it's 100% commission which can be stressful at times.

If you want to work as an individual contributer it is a great place, if you like to be part of a team it is not.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility.

Cons

It is a sink or swim mentality.

Shoe the employees you actually care about their success and not just the money they do/don't bring in.

Worked for CVPartners? Contribute to the Community!