CVPartners Reviews

Nancy Gray

1. Validation engineer

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

nice work culture, very knowledge oriented company. nice location.

Cons

nothing at this moment will update in future

2. Great place to work

I have been working at CVPartners full-time

Pros

Excellent place to work - great team mates

Cons

None that I can think of

3. Love the culture

I have been working at CVPartners

Pros

If you've already wrapped your head around a 100% commission situation, CV partners is easily the agency to work for. The commission splits are higher than most, something like 10% across-the-board higher than Robert half. The salary ramp up period is six months. The six partners are so much fun and amazing mentors, each one of them. There is a full bar in the San Francisco office and frequent barbecues and lunch activities in the Mountain View office. The incentives trips are fun. Everyone who hit their goal in Q1 went to Chicago in Q2 this year. The people that join CVPartners are truly amazing people.

Cons

Recently, the company was acquired by Addison partners. So far, not much has changed except we're now paid weekly instead of bi-monthly, which is nice. However, it seems a lot of people are afraid about the long term and there has been a lot of turnover recently.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion would be to raise the draw amount across the board. It doesn't cover a normal person's costs and has lent to high turnover at the entry level for years. However, I know this is something a person can negotiate so I would encourage employees to do so.

5. Administrative Assistant

I worked at CVPartners

Pros

Beautiful office spaces, friendly people, great upper management. Workers are passionate about recruiting, very knowledgeable about the industries they work for.

Cons

Not much I can say here.

6. Stellar company to work for!

I have been working at CVPartners full-time

Pros

Training: Unlike some of the other reviews, I feel like I've been given all the training and support possible as a new recruiter. Within my division (there are several different departments of recruiting here), I have had nothing short of an amazing experience. I was offered twice weekly training sessions with one of the more senior recruiters and as much help/hand holding as I needed from my direct boss. I have never felt like I didn't have someone to turn to if I needed the help. Some of the other senior recruiters (in different divisions, no less!) even approached me just to see if I needed help with anything. Can't say enough about this! Now that being said, this is definitely a job for a self-motivated person. There is no micro-managing here, so you have to be the type of person that can keep yourself on task and in check. Culture: The culture is amazing and everyone has a great time working together. Once a month happy hours and an open door policy leave everyone feeling like one big happy family. The Founders are very warm and welcoming. Compensation: The commission structure is amazing. I looked at several other recruiting agencies before joining CVP and no one else could touch their structure. Now that being said, we do operate on a draw (straight commission after a 6-mo guarantee period), but in the end I know I'll still make more here than I would have somewhere else.

Cons

The guarantee period (Salary plus your commissions at 50% of what they would be normally while receiving this) is only 6-months. As someone totally new to recruiting, that didn't seem quite long enough.

Advice to Management

Seriously, can't say enough great things about this company. Hands down one of my favorite places that I've worked in my career. They come with my highest recommendation.

7. Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Take care of their employees, great comp plan, incentives, social events and work environment. Flat structure so not many layers to navigate, ownership and leadership are all very accessible. I have worked here for 3 and a half years now and would not consider working anywhere else! Despite some fo the other comments I do feel like there is a lot of support available and they give you a long enough leash to ramp up your business. There is also a great sense of team.

Cons

It is not for everyone, work hard and you will reap rewards, but you have to be inclined to work autonomously and seek guidance when you need it, not expect to be hand-held

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. Great place to work

I worked at CVPartners

Pros

Overall great place to work. Nice, fun people. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

More of a "trial and error" work environment meaning you learn as you go and there is not much structured training. This could be a good or bad thing, depending on your work style.

9. Excellent Company with a Solid Reputation

Current Employee - Finance Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the best company with which I've worked. They provide autonomy and allow you to succeed based on your personal performance. If you perform well, you can earn more than most jobs in the Bay Area. The culture and people are great and everyone seems to get along well. We have great social events as well.

Cons

Not many other than it's 100% commission which can be stressful at times.

10. If you want to work as an individual contributer it is a great place, if you like to be part of a team it is not.

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CVPartners

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility.

Cons

It is a sink or swim mentality.

Advice to Management

Shoe the employees you actually care about their success and not just the money they do/don't bring in.

RSS Feed </> Embed