CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 7, 2014

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo

Larry J. Merlo

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say(in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school(in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees(in 143 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful(in 129 reviews)

64 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I don't get paid enough for this

Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe comraderie, and some of the benefits (vacation time, 401k match)

ConsThe pay scale. The amount of work on the amount of man hours.

great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsIn my position I am able to utilize my skills and expertise to help customers and fellow coworkers. Been with the company for a few years and recently began having more conference calls, visits from corporate and vendor brands to maximize regional business potential. I feel incredibly luck to have a great team of coworkers and managers in my store who always communicate well with each other and work together like a real team should.

Consthe company could improve their communication with us in the stores. Sometimes we don't get necessary information as often as we need depending on the circumstances.

Pharmacy Technician

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Wayland, MA

Pros$10.50 is decent starting pay, and having good coworkers can make the work day a lot more bearable. Work environment was clean and well lit. Managers and corporate never tried to dissuade me from taking a lunch break on appropriate shifts. If there is more than one CVS near you odds are there is an available position, which is invaluable if you are desperate for work.

ConsOpportunities for significant pay increases are virtually nonexistent, and the ability to transfer locations is wholly dependent on the pharmacy manager. The pharmacy is always strapped for hours, and always has too few employees for the workload. Expect to consistently work with the feeling of being behind, to always be lacking on corporate's arbitrary metrics, and to be constantly stressed to the point of physical illness.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow pharmacies more technician hours, relax somewhat on the metrics, and streamline the promotion process / pay increases. Constantly training new technicians is more expensive to you than making sure that the experienced ones stay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Things have changed

Pharmacist In Charge (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSchedule flexibility, pay, benefits are decent,

ConsCulture, not treated well, stress

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more human! Support Pharmacists better, we are the bread and butter of this company! Things have gone downhill since I started with this company. Used to be fun and exciting, now is a bunch of red tape to get anything accomplished. I feel like being a pharmacist and actually do what I was trained to do is on the bottom of the totem pole of things I need to get done.

disgraceful

Pharmacy Tech Trainee (Former Employee) Medford, MA

Prosthe great people i worked with

Consthe horrible management and disorganization.... improper way of handeling employees, high school all over again, im surprised they haven't killed someone

Advice to Senior Managementget new management

Cvs only cares about it's higher ups

Overnight Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFlexible hours, employee discount, depending on store you may see celebrities from time to time

ConsLow pay, doesn't show employees that they value them. Cheap raises

Not too bad of a filler job

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

Pros-Great co-workers, kept me sane for most of my shifts
    -My managers truly appreciate the efforts in completing your daily tasks and do actually care about what goes on outside your CVS life
    -Decent pay for the amount of work you do
    -Paid training

Cons-Low staffed so it's difficult to get shifts covered
    -Most of the low staff scenarios are due to Corporate providing limited weekly budgets so it gets tough for the managers to schedule efficiently
    -Corporate is really pushing customer satisfaction, but it doesn't help when you don't have enough time to get your tasks done

Amazing company

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsSalary and benefits, flexible hours

ConsBoring field retail pharmacy work

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Pharmacy tech

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Jamaica Plain, MA

ProsAre flexible when it comes to students and their availability.

ConsDo not have enough hours for employees. Always short on staff, but expect you to do more and more every day.

utterly disappointing

Pharmacist (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNone that's exceptional or that most average companies have.

Constoo many to list but bad management and lack of focus on task are a few

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease train you management to focus on the goals

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!