CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews in Irving, TX

Updated Jun 18, 2014

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo

Larry J. Merlo

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say(in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school(in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees(in 143 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful(in 129 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFlexibility, challenging work environment, leadership

ConsSalary, large organization, perks, culture

Maybe if your desperate.

Eligibility Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsNice Office Building
    Nice Cafeteria on Site
    Pay

ConsI was not a CVS employee, I was a contractor from a staffing agency. I've never worked at such a place were management was feared and the morale was so low. If management hears you talking too much you get an email to keep it down. They like it silent, no laughter or socializing. No smiles from other coworkers. Very strict environment, your every move is tracked including when you go use the restroom. You are told when you need to log out of the tracking system at the end of the day and even after your told to log out you are told to not leave till 7pm. Even if its at 6:58 you are told to log off. What freaking difference does 2 min make? Also management does not like to talk to you face to face, its all instant messages or emails. They don't smile at you or say hello. They only like to talk to the actual CVS employees which by the way i'd say about 90% of the people on the floor were contractors like myself. I couldn't take it anymore working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you treat your employees better maybe there wouldn't be such high turnover. Treat the temps better, they may want to work for you permanent someday. Loose up, and don't be so strict.

Interesting, evolving, challenging company

Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsSolidified their branding as a healthcare provider by dumping tobacco products. Made me very proud.

ConsLots of "fire drills" in corporate sphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasting $$$ on consultants. Listen to your own staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy in Irving

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Pros- It's a specialty pharmacy, so you get real familiar with a select few meds which lowers your chances for errors
    - Management was great
    - Great coworkers
    - Family environment
    - Pay was decent
    - As a benefit verification rep you have more freedom to get your work done the way you see fit, rather than being mircomanaged

ConsNot a lot of room to grow without a degree

Advice to Senior ManagementIn a complex environment such as benefit verification, it was nice to have the flexibility needed to get things done without having someone micromanaging you. I actually enjoyed my job and worked very hard to get things accurate.

CVS

Quality Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFlexible with your wk schedule

ConsNo work life balance really

Worst Place To Be!!! Do NOT Join CVS Garbage! Unless you've been out work for over a year!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThere are NO Pros in CVS Caremark.

ConsWorst Management Group I have ever dealt with like Kids in Elementary and they do Micro Manage! Favoritism All the way! Most STRESSFULL job ever! Current looking for another Job!!! And 10+ other employees in this department are too.

Turn Over is so HIGH that management put a Freeze on transfers out the department!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot give advice for something they knowingly do!!!

Lots of Work!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsJob stability, maybe if management likes you. Managers can be messy.

ConsNo standard process in this department. They do not actually fix problems they just work around them without ever finding a proper/logically solution.This department just pile the work on you, whether you new or not. Turn over rate is being notice by upper management. Half the department is looking for a way out! **Please note in this dept you can not take more than 2 consecutive days off during welcome season which is Oct - Jan** Only dept that has this block out.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training program, appreciate and respect your employees , hire more people cause it's just 2 much work and maybe you can retain your employees.

Low, pay, poorly led, poor ethics controls

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsOther departments had wonderful people working in them and appeared to be competently led.

ConsTop-heavy mid-management structure and aggressive management style.
    Questions raised with direct management about business practices potentially operating in ethical grey area brought a combative response. This initiated my search for a new employer after only a few months.
    I could continue but it would only serve to make me appear disgruntled not shell-shocked. This was one of the worst employment experiences this mid-career employee has had.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to look at why core departments might have a high turnover rate. It places the company at risk for inexperienced employees to produce expensive mistakes, which did occur during my short tenure within my department.

Too much favoritism, and not enough training.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFlexible work schedules, comparable pay, and gym in office

ConsIf you are not a favorite, you will not be recognized or promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement have not mastered the art of effective communication, professionalism, and leading by example!

Good company to work for

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsCulture, good senior management, benefits are good, scope to learn and grow

ConsPay needs to be more competitive

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!