CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 20, 2014

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo

Larry J. Merlo

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say(in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school(in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees(in 143 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful(in 129 reviews)

60 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Cvs is a fun place to work. It can be hard sometimes but very rewarding.

Cashier At Cvs/Photo Tec (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI have learned and have been trained in everything in the store in under less than a year. They are plenty of opportunities to move up in this company.

ConsSome of the works and customers can be very rude and disrespectful. You just got to kepp your head about it and move on with your day there will be ups and downs in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more people a chance to move up. Make sure that all front ends are trained in everything and are will to work with each other, respect each other.

It was an OK job

Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee) Fullerton, CA

ProsThey really work with your schedule

ConsSometimes dealing with inadequate management

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to train all management well

CVS Caremark overall doesn't care about there employees, their stores and what you need to succeed.

Shift Supervisor B (Current Employee) Foothill Ranch, CA

ProsOnly Pro would be Experience. As a shift, you do everything and pick up everything. It teaches you hard work and you build managerial skills like decision making and writing down work lists, staying on top of employees; makes you be the best you can.

Cons*1-2% your pay rate raises; if you even get one.
    *Stores need more hours; they strangle the life out of you with 240 hours or less for the week. That's compared to 6 employees working 40 hours to run a store: 2 in the morning / 2 in the after noon / 2 closing... but remember, 49 hours goes to Store Lead manager. So more like 5 employees a day, 2 being morning cashier, and Closing cashier. Leaving Only 2 shifts to do all the Load, facing, stocking , push, Photo orders, keeping Customer service up, checking, Work load manager tasks, price changes, AMM's, DSD, Helping pharmacy, Ca pricing audit, watching for theft, getting the store sales up, and cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, Impress at the end of the day, checking for Under/ Overages, Light LP work, Observations needed taken through out the day on an employee, PUTTING UP AD TAG...(shutter) Ect...
    *Rules are always bent, so watch out for your self if it gets bent to far
    *They don't replace broken, they give you refurbish tools to use which are useless in 4 months.
    *They work you on all holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to take this job, find a bonus store. Nothing more, nothing less. Do your best, suck up to your boss, smile and wave or try to at least.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All depends on which pharmacist you're working with.

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate (Current Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsNot too many to be honest. I suppose they offer free vaccinations to all employees, although it's so busy every time I work I haven't even been able to ask for one. I plan on applying to Pharmacy School and I have heard that they tend to bring back techs for internships and later for higher during and post pharmacy school, but I have only heard that and not yet experienced it.

ConsNo breaks besides a lunch. Pharmacists fall behind so that the techs deal with patients get the brut of their frustration and anger. Constantly busy. Generally understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf they expect for technicians to give 100% great satisfaction, they should get the pharmacists to finish verifying all the prescriptions at the promised time. They should add to their surveys if the prescription was ready at the promised time.

Busy, know how to multitask

Cvs Pharmacist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood company to work for. Has union stores. Unions can protect you but you must pay monthly dues.

ConsExtremely busy, but at nearly $63/hr, you better be busting your chops.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for your subordinates, and they will fight for you.

Great experience.

Front Clerk (Former Employee) Placentia, CA

ProsGetting to know the customers and learning more within the store to further my knowledge was the best part of this job.

ConsI felt as though I was the only worker who actually made an impact in the customers' lives. They appreciated when I went out of my way to show them this or that not just pointed them in the right direction. Bad management, but great front store workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who enjoy working and actually care about the customers like the policy of CVS is. It's for the customers not whatever is easiest for the shift supervisors.

Loved the customers

Store Clerk (Current Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

Prosgood benefits,good employee discount, great vacation,holiday,sick time package

Consraises are poor about 15 cents-25 cents every years and this is being in a union
    management sucks too much favoritism one supervisor does something totally different then the other. No structure. Everyone is a boss

Advice to Senior ManagementAll managers and supervisors should do what all the other staff members do. Upper manager should not be EXCLUDED. Don't yell at the cashiers because they can't get all the E-MAIL ADDRESS you want. Store manager you go on the cashier register and try it,you think it;s easy will guess what it;s not. Never seen you once on a register try it sometime.

Glad I'm out

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsIf you like working with the public this is the job for you

ConsMinimum amount of hours to accomplish a lot of work, any mistake could get you fired, rough on management

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer to your people

A horrible culture. The "C" in CVS does not mean care.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsIf you have no other choice .

ConsFrom HR to payroll, its very hard to get simple issues taken care of. They continue to play with the budget in sales and payroll making it difficult to forecast the business needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have totally lost your culture that Harvey once instilled in the business. Remember our great CEO?

mundane...

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Orange, CA

Proseasy to schedule your own hours.

Consbad management. overworked with short breaks. no perks. not as high paid as other pharmacies

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees better and maybe offer some incentives.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!