CVS Caremark

2.7 2,805 reviews

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo

Larry J. Merlo

(1,002 ratings)

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 145 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful (in 130 reviews)

More Highlights
2,805 Employee Reviews

Learned a lot at CVS Caremark

Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee)

ProsCVS is a successful company and you could see why through the training they provide. They offer very thorough training and I learned a lot through the required training modules they regularly provide. They had a great program for pharmacist interns in my area to ensure that we were getting adequately trained each year while I was in pharmacy school. They basically train you so that by the time you graduate you will be able to successfully transition into becoming a pharmacist and be able to run the pharmacy yourself. We were also given a raise every year.

ConsThe only problem i had was that we were understaffed at times. This was very stressful especially since we were a busy pharmacy. They also eventually cut my hours so I was not working as often as I would have liked to.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to ensure that the pharmacists and pharmacy managers are actually teaching pharmacist interns, rather than just treating them like pharmacy technicians and using them only for labor.

Communication Could be Better

ProsI enjoy the people that I work with; the pay is good and the commute is good - not too much traffic. The employee discount is one of the best benefits.

ConsMost communication is very one-sided - orders from those in charge. There is little opportunity to give feedback and feedback is usually ignored.

CVS- Okay job but do not plan to stay.

Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThe flexibility of the schedule.

ConsLack of extra employees due to high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing really.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DOG eat DOG Shift Super A

ProsDemanding, the work is always abundant, your never bored, pay is good and vacation accumulated well before the unions started taking over.

ConsIts a tough dog eat dog growth. They barely train you, feed you stories about training up, and then toss you around 8 stores in one month because they cant distinguish what their stores can and cannot afford. But thats my story. This company pushes you past your breaking point, losing themselves in 20 hour days of work and dms who come in and still cant find anything right with the store. Leaving this company and the stress it gives for a 10$ hr job is an upgrade.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is not a slacking company. they want more and expect tooth and nail from every employee. walk away theres no 'career' here anyway.

It was ok.

ProsTraining was paid and easy.

ConsNot that much room for growth.

Company hard to get ahead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraining good . technology adequate .good people to work with.clean stores .hard workers .the pay was good for pharmacists.managment was good

ConsLong hours .help paid poorly for what they had to do. Tough to get ahead.pos registers need updating .demanding schedules with a lot of hour cutting and more work loads

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease hours to get job done .reevaluate technology and pay of tecks to keep and to get get better help

Pharmacist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt the time CVS offered a competitive salary and benefits were good. Opportunity to meet others in the same profession.

ConsHours were long, constantly overworked and understaffed. Never enough time to adequately interact with customers. High staff turnover (including upper management). Every detail of the job is micromanaged.

Hard to keep up with company demand

ProsGreat learning experience and customer service experience

ConsCorporate and managers don't really care. Not good pay

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter working pharmacists

I deal with a lot of people who have different wants and product needed, I help them decide and check out in a timely ma

Front Store (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIf you like meeting people from all varieties of life and ensure all your customers get what they want and need and having them leaving happy and confident of their purchase.

ConsIf you are looking for high pay, then go somewhere else. This is a stepping stone for the younger generation until they get their head straight to what they really want.
    There is no real open door policy to hear concerns or complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to hear and listen to the people who work the trenches at customer service. They need to be more appreciated and told that. They are your bottom dollar.

It was Okay

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGood company, good hours, the store was always clean. Coworkers were very helpful in teaching me everything I needed to know.

ConsBad pay, late shifts, had to work int he pharmacy sometimes even though I was not qualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!