CVS Caremark

CVS Caremark Reviews in Rhode Island

Updated Jul 16, 2014

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo

Larry J. Merlo

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say(in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school(in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees(in 145 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful(in 130 reviews)

84 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

how fast the mighty fall

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Woonsocket, RI

Proslooks good on your resume
    providence is a nice city
    as individuals, good people, mostly
    not horrible technology for employees

Consupper management is blind and deaf
    CIO is worthless
    HR is worthless
    your director can lie about you and no one cares

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management? Leave.

Pharmacy Technician customer service representative. Woonsocket RI

Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee) Woonsocket, RI

ProsGreat coworkers, nice building and office areas.

ConsYou are constantly stalked by management and treated like a thing and not a person. Never any positive feedback, even when you meet or exceed the expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow a little more respect and gratitude towards the employees who keep YOU employed. HR and upper management obviously don't care or the morale wouldn't be as pathetic as it is.

Good experience so far

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Lincoln, RI

ProsLarge initiatives give top performance great experience

ConsToo many layers of management in some areas

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the Technology office and PMO

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

False promises and true disappointment.

Operations Associate (Former Employee) Woonsocket, RI

ProsThe fact that they serve many communities, providing a source for healthcare related matters.

ConsThe corporate management structure is not trustworthy, and lacks honest commitment/ and integrity to both employees and contractors. They only take care of 'their own'.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry delivering on what you promise, do not discriminate against some of your employees if they do not exactly fit in with the crowd. Treat people as you would want to be treated.

Overall, OK but could be better for growth and salary

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Providence, RI

ProsGreat pharmacist and most coworkers are awesome, regular customers,

Consdealing with corporate demands, salary, cuts in hours, limited full-time opportunities, unrealistic expectations, making PCQ calls to customers

Advice to Senior Managementtake a shift every 6 months and see reality of being in the store. Realize that surveys are useful but subjective and stop being so punitive about them.

Extremely Dissapointed and looking for a new job

Advisor, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) Woonsocket, RI

ProsNone. This is the worst job experience I have ever had. All of my colleagues are looking for other jobs. I'm so disappointed that I turned down other opportunities to take a position at CVS.

ConsNo work life balance, pay is lower on average than other companies, no training is offered, no focus on growth. Time off policy is similar to a job you'd get out of college. Terrible environment, extremely low morale. Honestly cannot wait to find a new position.

Frustrating

Salesforce Analyst (Former Employee) Lincoln, RI

ProsConvenient location...didn't have to travel to Boston. Good pay for the area.

ConsToo much red tape, hard to get anything done without filling out some kind of form (always a different form and located somewhere different which no one seemed to know how to find). IT staff not very knowledgable.

Watch your head.

Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) Woonsocket, RI

ProsIf you can hang in there, you can take advantage of what was promised to you (although it is getting less and less each year).

ConsThe company is going through an ill advised HR process for reviews and goal management. The company continues to hire outside employees instead of promoting from within. For some reason it is believed that outside candidates are better than inside candidates and it is proving to be a bad assumption by upper management. Essentially, this company is not putting any investment or credence to its existing workforce and is slowly eliminating tenured employees and reducing any benefits from the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your key employees before it is too late. Stop raking in extra bonus dollars by cutting it out of employees with lesser income. Look at those you have hired from outside of the corporation who attempt to build small internal empires. You are failing and the company is luck to be in the industry it is in.

Take the good with the bad

All Over the Place (Former Employee) Woonsocket, RI

ProsOpportunity for advancement is there, diverse, can work in the company with many different backgrounds, if you move may be able to keep a job in the company

ConsExtremely political, does not take care of employees, shows no loyalty to anyone who has tenure. lets good help go while keeping people with no work ethic

Advice to Senior Managementbe less political and go by the book

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Smithfield, RI

ProsI cant think of one positive thing to say about this company. Looking back, I think there weren't any Pros.

ConsThe management was horrible, there was no employee management communication. The employees where treated like a number with an insane turnaround rate to show for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up and listen to your employees once and a while, there may be a potential shining star there.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!