CVS Health

3,456 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,281 Ratings

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • It's difficult to maintain a good work/life balance, especially around the holidays (in 67 reviews)

• Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 172 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A lot of work for Store Managers!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible schedules, health benefits, growth potentials if the person is very aggressive

Cons

-Long hours, a lot of work dealing with stocking, doing non-managerial tasks.
    -Never going to offer more to the employee
    -Fight for every dollar you can get when negotiating salary, they will low-ball

Appreciate the employees more, not through "Values in Action" but through real monetary incentive to help them with their bills.

Store Manager

Current Employee - CVS Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - CVS Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not a dam thing!!!! I am over worked and not appreciated.

Cons

As a store manager I worked 60-70 hours a week in the south Florida Area district 3. I have a wife and children I never see. The hours you have to run the store is impossible. So you end up working for free so you don't go over. I get paid for 45 hours only. So on the weeks I work 70 hours I work 25 hours free unpaid. Even my hourly supervisors clock out and go back to work, because we are all afraid of losing our jobs for going over the ridiculous allocated pay roll hours.
    District Manager is the worst. She does not know how to run the district and she had the nerve to instruct all the store managers to make our store work hours look like we only work 45 hours a week. I think she wants it that way, just in case the union ever came to the Florida. CVS shows off about how they don't sell cigarettes, but still sell plan B and alcohol. The truth is they still sell them in there Navarro Pharmacy Stores they recently bought. I personally believe they will continue to cut payroll hours even more now, because of the lost of the cigarette sales. If you wont work life balance don't work here. If you don't wont a divorce don't work here. If you have kids and don't wont to miss important life events for them DON"T WORK HERE.

Give the DM a white coat and put her back in the pharmacy dispensing drugs, because she does not know how to lead and run the district. Give stores the hours needed to run them before the abuse of your workers catches up with you like it did Walmart. Learn from their mistakes. Also give store managers the opportunity to be district managers one day, instead of only promoting the pharmacist to district manager positions. Some pharmacist have no glue on how the stores in there districts operate.