CVS Health Reviews

Reset
2.4
CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo

Pros
  • Work life balance is very positive (in 42 reviews)

• Great for students with flexible hours (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • If you wont work life balance don't work here (in 67 reviews)

• Always getting yelled at from upper management (in 172 reviews)

1. CVS opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I worked at CVS for 5 years as a Hallmark card specialist. I floated between 4 different locations. Overall I found working for CVS comfortable and found other opportunities within the various locations. Overtime I maintained the cosmetic sections and did other projects to earn additional hours and pay. The part-time benefits are good.

Cons

Working at 4 different locations made it apparent that the manager make a huge difference on how the store is run. The good managers kept their employees and moral was good. The opposite occurred with a manager who was lazy or not engaged with his store.

2. Pharmacist

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job included a good salary, benefits, and healthcare. The company is constantly expanding and employees can benefit from stock options. Overall, it is a good job if you are fresh out of school

Cons

The company is always under-staffing and cutting hours. There is a high burn out rate due to constant stress. Most pharmacist don't last with the company for longer than 2 years.

Advice to Management

Always try to take the viewpoint of the pharmacist or the technician. They are constantly over worked. Be clear about what is expected of employees. If customer service is always the first priority, keep that in mind when staffing a pharmacy.

Don't recommend working with CVS

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Experience You get to learn Not many pros honestly besides the experience

Cons

Did not care about employees Low pay (pharmacy tech position) Disrespectful Customer/co workers

Advice to Management

Pay people better wages for all the hard work they put in.

Store Manager

Current Employee - CVS Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - CVS Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not a dam thing!!!! I am over worked and not appreciated.

Cons

As a store manager I worked 60-70 hours a week in the south Florida Area district 3. I have a wife and children I never see. The hours you have to run the store is impossible. So you end up working for free so you don't go over. I get paid for 45 hours only. So on the weeks I work 70 hours I work 25 hours free unpaid. Even my hourly supervisors clock out and go back to work, because we are all afraid of losing our jobs for going over the ridiculous allocated pay roll hours. District Manager is the worst. She does not know how to run the district and she had the nerve to instruct all the store managers to make our store work hours look like we only work 45 hours a week. I think she wants it that way, just in case the union ever came to the Florida. CVS shows off about how they don't sell cigarettes, but still sell plan B and alcohol. The truth is they still sell them in there Navarro Pharmacy Stores they recently bought. I personally believe they will continue to cut payroll hours even more now, because of the lost of the cigarette sales. If you wont work life balance don't work here. If you don't wont a divorce don't work here. If you have kids and don't wont to miss important life events for them DON"T WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Give the DM a white coat and put her back in the pharmacy dispensing drugs, because she does not know how to lead and run the district. Give stores the hours needed to run them before the abuse of your workers catches up with you like it did Walmart. Learn from their mistakes. Also give store managers the opportunity to be district managers one day, instead of only promoting the pharmacist to district manager positions. Some pharmacist have no glue on how the stores in there districts operate.

A lot of work for Store Managers!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible schedules, health benefits, growth potentials if the person is very aggressive

Cons

-Long hours, a lot of work dealing with stocking, doing non-managerial tasks. -Never going to offer more to the employee -Fight for every dollar you can get when negotiating salary, they will low-ball

Advice to Management

Appreciate the employees more, not through "Values in Action" but through real monetary incentive to help them with their bills.

Showing 5 of 5,061 reviews