CVS Health

CVS Health Reviews in Ocala, FL

1.8

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • It's difficult to maintain a good work/life balance, especially around the holidays (in 67 reviews)

• Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 172 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Nice

Current Employee - Cashier in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Ocala, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Inventory is always in stock.

Cons

Not enough employees working there.

Hire some more employees to be more readily available.

CVS Caremark is a Very Stressful Company to work for, with little to no respect for their employees.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, benefits, (although covering less recently), great customer interactions, good working environment.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Managers salary when hired/promoted are told is based on a 45 hour work week, when in reality to achieve everything expected, the work week can be between 50-80 hrs. resulting in no personal time for family. Most all work activity is tracked
    & scored monthly. It's almost virtually impossible to achieve passing scores in all metrics when the company has cut hours so drastically that the Store Manager actually becomes one of the crew members, doing the work of a laborer instead of what they were hired for, being the Store Manager.The Workload Task Manager gets very overwhelming at during busier times of the year & there isn't any extra hours given for those times. The funny thing is the weekly budget expectation varies each week, but the hours given to meet these budgets stay the same. As a benefit to full time employees we are given vacation time, which they tell you when you can use it. Most all holidays, seasonal resets, & cosmetic resets are blacked out meaning don't ask for time off. We also get paid Holidays, so you would think that would be a four day work week...no not at CVS that means the store gets 8 extra hours that week the manager gets nothing. There was a time when I felt valued and appreciated for the work that I did, but not anymore, while employed for CVS, I was always made to feel "my job is in on the line" which made the stress factor go up.
    It's a real shame because this company used to be a great place to work, but it seems that those days are gone.

Learn to appreciate the people under you as they are real people with real families, not robots without feeling or emotion. When you see that one of your stores is struggling lend a helping hand not a write-up.