CVS Health Reviews

15 year manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

Experience at CVS pharmacy is fair

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

You get a good amount of experience and knowledge working in the pharmacy. There are some good benefits if worked full-time.

Cons

Out dates technology and software used compare to other companies such as Walgreens, etc. No pay raised even after working for the company for long time.

Good Company, bad management!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, good networking, great opportunity for professional growth

Cons

Management at a district level is more focus on making a bonus at the end of the year than providing a good healthy environment for employees, stress leves on meeting impossible targets make this great company a nightmare! Hours cuts make managers work dangerous shifts ( only one person in the store at opening and closing)

District and regional management should Work at more at the store level to see exactly what happens in the stores.

Good company that expects alot of its managers

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and oppurtunity to move around

Cons

Long hours and somewhat low wages. Once you make store manager it is hard to move up

Hold Pharmacists responsible for the pharmacy area

6. Very Satisfying

Current Employee - N/A in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - N/A in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to assist and help others

Cons

No consistency, no recognition not enough incentives no raises

Be more informative with your employees, recognize all employees and not a select few. Be more consistent and encourageable with the work environment

7. Terrible

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Flexible, easy job, not much else to mention

Cons

Everything else. Low pay, lack of concern for employees

Worst Company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at my immediate store are great people.

Cons

The "full time" employees get about 33 hours a week. The customer service is terrible considering two employees are all there is at each store. The CVSs in my area get held up approximately once every 4 months, and you will be terminated if you are robbed and your cash drawer contains over 300 dollars.

1. Update your rewards system. The process of filling out a sheet of paper no longer exists anywhere else. People fill out paperwork and hold up the line and get angry when CVS loses their info (which happens often.
    2. Hire additional employees to keep the stores clean, offer customer service, and hang tags and marketing materials on time. Signs are never completed due to understaffing. If the signs were hung, we would make up the difference.
    3. Update the store's front end. The store I work for is very worn out. It's registers are almost 15 years old (from Eckerd) and they have a lot of glitches. The photo lab is out of order most of the time.
    4. Pay more. Your employees loathe you. The morale is astonishingly low, and in the year I have worked here, horrible steps have been taken to cut costs.

I wouldn't recommend

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay with a degree

Cons

you literally do EVERYTHING in the entire store and don't get enough allotted time or people to complete tasks. HORRIBLE HOURS

STOP CUTTING HOURS and maybe you'll keep new managers more than a year at a time ;) and also this new benefits thing .. ew

10. It was very delightful and stress- free process.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (less than a year)

Pros

That CVS sends your application to all their locations and you may get a call back from a location you didn't even apply for !

Cons

Starting salary and Very long employment process :
    Applied and waiting for call back - 1 week
    Interview - 1 week
    Drug screening - 1 week

11. shift suoervisor b

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

none at all worst job ever

Cons

everything but it is a job

pay better in order to keep good people