CVS Health Reviews

3,094 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,127 Ratings

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 157 reviews)

• The main one is there is absolutely no work/life balance whatsoever (in 54 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Experience working in a Fast paced, strategic replenishment company

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in North Andover, MA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in a 24 hour store there is greater flexibility with scheduling the staff as well as personal needs when needed. Tasks are done on specific days and you can be more efficient if you incorporate the overnight staff into the tasks that are normally done during the day. I have to say I love my job in my current 24 hour store.

Cons

If your going for store management you will bounce around. Once you find a store that works for you for location, hours, and team you may just be moving again until you get your own store. Average length in one store is 8 months to a year. Also the pay for management is not as good as some other retailers. There is a pay cut for your training period and most likely you are already took one to come here if your are already in management somewhere. The work load can be a shocker as well even if you are expecting it and are used to something similar.
    Management training is not great for work life. Training in a store and helping out other stores would be much more beneficial than actually transferring to other stores. It doesn't take long for a manager to learn tasks and usually you just need to go through the experience in order to learn. It's tough to constantly adapt to new store managers with different guidelines of schedules when you have young ones at home no matter how flexible you are.

Medical benefits for a family are not very good. Everything is out of pocket and you can't even use the minuteclinic. This needs to be more affordable for a family. Kids HAVE to go to the doctor and we have to work. It's much more convenient to go to the minuteclinic for small things like strep and ear infections. Also as a manager we need to revisit how we do our hiring. The recruiters are working 3 clients per store whether or not that client is responding or not.. Basically you could waste 2 weeks on a client that is not even interested in the job before we move on to someone who does. Our stores need 1-3 people when we are hiring and at this rate is take 3-6 months to hire one person. When you have an immediate need this is way too long. Management Trainees or assistant managers should be on a bench in a couple districts. Once your hired your in one district but many stores are in need of management and it would be nice to be able to get closer to home rather than farther and farther away in most cases. Assistants should be trained by the best store managers and meetings offsite once a month with multiple district managers. I have noticed the DM's are very different and it's hard to switch from one district to another.

Rewarding career

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I enjoyed working with the patients. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

A little too busy at times

Need to manage time more widely

Not Bad

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Flexible hours, the management was good.

Cons

There aren't really any, honestly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ehh

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Will learn a lot of information quickly and can move up in the company

Cons

Not enough hours and pay is not worth the responsibility

Take more time to train employees

Shift Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Fresno, CA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The employees at this store are really easy to get along with and work with. The company is really flexible with school schedules and time off requests.

Cons

It is incredibly hard to get promoted with this company. Most will start as a cashier and leave as a cashier. Most stores are open 365 days/year so working holidays is mandatory unless you get lucky.

At the store level, management is great. But once corporate steps in, it can be very stressful. Store managers go through a lot and aren't compensated enough for their time and stress.

okay company to work for

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really like that my store is.very flexible with my hours

Cons

I wish they would pay there employees more.

I worked for CVS for almost 15 years

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Trenton, NJ

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are stores nationwide, so you can transfer almost anywhere if you're moving. A good benefits package is available if you have benefits with the company

Cons

There isn't always enough help at store level. It's difficult to maintain a good work/life balance, especially around the holidays.

Fine for part-time college job

Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician  in  Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Commack, NY

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Clean work environment, expectations known,

Cons

When I was there it took 6 months for my raise to come through. I had to come back after I quit and work a few hours to be able to retro-activate my raise. However I believe it was my manager's laziness at my particular store. I also had little training for photo and was self taught the ins-and outs.

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Not enough hours to,complete task short,staff

Cons

Staffing needs to be better

Care about employees

Good place to develop basic customer service skills

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Falls Church, VA

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to get a job as cashier and move up the ranks to supervisor, assistant manager, etc.

Cons

very repetitive, unlimited amount of tasks to accomplish (you're never done until you clock out), grouchy old customers, management is sales driven and points driven and tends to care less about their workers.

Ask for associate feedback and involve them in mentally stimulating tasks so they do not feel like monotonous factory workers.

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!