CVS Health Reviews

2.7
CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,744 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is very positive (in 42 reviews)

• Great for students with flexible hours (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • If you wont work life balance don't work here (in 67 reviews)

• Always getting yelled at from upper management (in 172 reviews)

4,947 Employee Reviews

15 year manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

2. open

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a hard worker and very punctual.

Cons

I have no experience in cashiering but very willing to learn but I can also stocked shelves and willing and eager to learn!

Advice to Management

Again I am a very hard working person.

3. stable environment

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

air-conditioned, laid-back environment, work with people and helped people out, supportive staff , good pay, overtime during busy times

Cons

can be stressful on a daily basis, hours could be longer than usual, mandatory overtime,

5. AWESOME COMPANY

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Decent hours, great pay, great management. Staff is nice and helpful. Company policies are outstanding

Cons

There are no downsides to working at CVS Health, you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work, you guys are amazing ,truly and honestly.

6. Co-workers make it bearable

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chatsworth, GA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chatsworth, GA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly customers for the most part Good dental and vision insurance. Medical insurance is terrible. Upper management needs to focus less on numbers, more on the employee's well being

Cons

Too many issues for the amount of pay received Customers can be terrible when dealing with insurance Raises aren't worth much No incentive to do better

Advice to Management

Make raises worthwhile, focus on the employees not just numbers

7. Supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Indian Rocks Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Indian Rocks Beach, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at CVS is for their great pay and benefits.

Cons

Downsides to working at CVS include not having enough time to thoroughly complete tasks due to lack of employees per shift.

Advice to Management

I suggest their should be more employees on staff during both morning and night shifts to provide enough time and man power to keep stores running smoothly.

8. Heavy on customer service

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Health benefits. Depending on the Pharmacy Manager it could be a good/learning experience.

Cons

If you're not a "people person" its not the environment for you.

Advice to Management

I think the management sometimes implements new utilities just for the sake of announcing that they have a gadget to play without it actually impacting customer satisfaction.

9. Mediocre--wouldn't want to be here for long

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health (Less than a year)

Pros

-Getting to know some interesting customers -organized training program (specific to CVS, not general tech training) -Rewards program and employee discount -I like the team I work with for the most part (this can make or break your experience) -Opportunity to learn about insurance billing

Cons

-Dealing with angry customers or customers who don't know what they need -Dealing with lazy floater pharmacists (shifts most of the burden to techs who aren't getting paid nearly as much) -Pretty uncompetitive compensation, even for trained pharmacy techs -uneven scheduling (some weeks with a lot of hours and some with few)

Advice to Management

-Consider offering better compensation technicians. They are the backbone of the pharmacy and carry a lot of the weight of the work, plus they are the ones your customers see most.

10. Pharmacy Technician

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, and good learning environment

Cons

Not very good with pay/raise

Customer service rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Great pay. raise every 3 months based on performance

Cons

Stressful Many angry customer attendance policy mail order service etc

Showing 4,947 of 5,058 reviews