CVS Health

3,831 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,416 Ratings

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • It's difficult to maintain a good work/life balance, especially around the holidays (in 67 reviews)

• Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 172 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company for advancement

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Quick promotions if you are a hard worker

Cons

The scheduling is hectic but if you talk with your manager arrangements can be made

Create better schedules

It's retail.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Still searching.... besides the discounts

Cons

Not a good company to work for unless you are a pharmacist... or belong to some minority group.

Follow the rules and policies you have us sign and realize customers are not always right

great company to work for while finishing school.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

this company is very flexible when it comes to education. There are a lot of time and half paid, paid sick days, and if you are full-time you get paid holidays, even if you didn't work.

Cons

There isn't much place for growth here unless you have a good manager, otherwise you're stuck wherever you are.

It was quite an experience.

Former Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Montgomery, AL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I loved the actual work itself. I dealt with some of the most wonderful customers. The work environment really varied between the stores. Some had a better morale, and thankfully my home store was one of the happier places.

Cons

Sometimes it felt like Corporate was only worried about themselves. Some other the stores I filled in at seemed to have lower morale than others. Some of the employees (and managers) did not have the people skills that are really essential to being a productive CVS employee.

Please take the time to really listen to your employees. Sometimes there are genuine concerns.

I had a great experience working for CVS. I was a part-time cashier for about four years.

Former Employee - Cashier in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in State College, PA

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

If you get a good manager, most will work with your schedule. The work is easy if you are a people person.

Cons

Photo lab work can be irritating at times and there are always those rude customers and 'coupon' people. The customer is always right so you just have to bite your tongue.

Great Place to Work

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Retail is not for everyone, but if you have great people skills and enjoy customer service this is a job for you. Most managers are willing to help you advance on within the company if you so wish, and even if you don't they seem to care about their employees.

Cons

With any retail job the hours can be long, and there are definitely days where customers can be very tough. Only other bad thing I can think of is that if you are in a low volume store, meaning not many sales are happening, you can find yourself stuck with a lot of busy work jobs.

Be kind to your employees and remember that they have lives as well. No body wants to work every Saturday and Sunday for weeks in a row, especially if they have families.

Horrible company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Tech in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Tech in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Independent working environment, breaks and lunch on your own schedule

Cons

No advancement, extremely monotonous work. Management expects you to be a robot. No work life balance.

Treat your employess as well as you do your clients.

Stable Retail Job

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Repition is everything here. there's a lot to learn, but it never changes. everything has it's place and everyone has to work together to get it done. good benefits and stock purchase plan.

Cons

expect flexibility to be your main obstacle. cashiers and pharm techs are in high rotation. so you could be pulling extra hours on the fly. training is yours to develop. most managers don't have time or patience for it. either way, you have to be hungry to learn. my experience is that you won't get promoted into upper management. they prefer to hire store managers from outside the company than promote form within.

create a rhythm that everyone can latch onto. everyday of the week is mapped out and everyone knows what is expected of them.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Store Clerk in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Store Clerk in Torrance, CA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work is not difficult to do.

Cons

You are treated as an object for the success of your superiors. You do not get any autonomy and I was always told by my supervisor that I did not get paid to think.

Find ways to motivate and not berate subordinates.

Fast pace environment where results are the most important part of the job

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Providence, RI

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of good experience, exposure to different scenarios when dealing with customers, great people to work with!

Cons

A lot is expected from a job that should be paying more, too much commitment when only getting paid base salary, only hires as part-time so no benefits offered

Pharmacists are great, approachable and knowledgeable. They are the ones most likely to look over veryone in the pharmacy