CVS Health Reviews

3,050 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,109 Ratings

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 145 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful (in 130 reviews)

More Highlights

PT Cashier Review

Former Employee - Clerk/Cashier  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Clerk/Cashier in Framingham, MA

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible schedule (especially helpful for college students!)
    Convenient locations
    Easy to learn job tasks
    Supportive supervisors and coworkers
    Not picky about taking days off, given fair warning ahead of time (for part timers anyways)
    Stores are clean, inviting and organized
    Raised money for ALS before it was cool
    Sales are worth it if you pay attention

Cons

Customers WILL try to walk all over you. This is probably true in all retail settings, but see my advice to management below. CVS always takes the customer's side even when they are clearly wrong. Workers are instructed to be doormats to customers and give them whatever they want if a conflict arises, and I think some customers have learned this and take advantage. I'm talking large scale scams where they walk out with hundreds of dollars worth of free merchandise and gift cards. It is demoralizing as an employee because customers are usually very rude to you in order to get what they want, and no one stands up for you. Your immediate manager does not have the power to do this because even they are ordered to do this when situations arise--just give the customer what they want to shut them up and make them happy. And repeat. And repeat.

While the sales are usually considered a pro, they can also be very confusing to customers who shop at a lot of stores and don't always pay attention. Sometimes you can explain it so they understand, but they usually just get angry. It never failed to happen every time I worked.

I feel like the only people who care about me in this company are the people I've met in person. My managers, supervisors, and coworkers were great, always there for support and to answer questions. But anything from "higher up" was either a neutral or negative experience. There is no relationship or consciousness of anyone outside of your store except faceless "orders from above" which are only designed to keep customers happy, at any price (including your dignity).
    My advice is to pay more attention to employees, maybe give them places to make suggestions or be part of a community, go around and visit stores for reasons other than punitive ones. We cashiers are the ones who see customers face to face and know their habits and have knowledge that can actually help you design better systems of how to do sales or make shopping easier--if only you would ask.
    I also wish management wouldn't be afraid to lose a few abusive customers to protect their many dedicated employees. Take a look at who the repeat offenders are, and again, listen to your employees more.

Great

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

They're great! I love working here!

Cons

None; they've been great so far!

Solid company with a bright future

Former Employee - Advisor
    Former Employee - Advisor

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Smart co-workers and great work-life balance. Freedom to operate in your role and make an impact on the future of health care.

Cons

Things can be slow moving and the salary is not great. Very much a traditional workplace, which can be a bit boring.

Keep generating great value for shareholders!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They are trying to give good customer service

Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier
    Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant co-workers and no more tobacco.

Cons

Mixed messages among levels of management

Be more consistent in policies and rules.

changed

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Moraga, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Moraga, CA

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Large national company with lots of rush problems

Cons

The Company has changed a lot, they have dramatically cut hours which lead to hardship

Consider training your head leaders in different dept. before letting them lead first, so you can keep respect on both sides and have a dream team

Great co-workers, but many problems

Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have no problems with any of my co-workers. We all seem to get along when working together
    The employee discounts do help even if it's just pocket change sometimes.
    Very flexible scheduling.
    Great first job for anyone looking to get basic customer service skills.

Cons

My store has had a mouse problem since early 2014 and still haven't been able to address it until now.
    Management never really lets us about new policy changes, and sometimes I feel policies change weekly.
    Too many things to get done per shift and never enough people on for the shift.
    Even if you get amazing reviews, they find ways to nit-pick at small things.
    I was suppose to get a promised yearly review last December and never got it.

We need more store meetings with the district manager. I have worked here almost 2 years and we have only had one meeting. Since then, majority of the staff has changed. Also, we need to figure out a way to allow choice between express checkout and register. I don't like that we have to push these express machines when people don't want to use them. If we are caught behind the register, we end up getting scolded by management.

Customer Service/Cashier

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Westland, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Westland, MI

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced, challenging, and good experience for the future.

Cons

Advancement opportunities require as much favoritism as it does hard work. Pay is miserable for the workload. Management doesn't seem to care about its cashiers if it's a detriment to them completing their tasks.

Treat your cashiers like they matter. Preaching "customer first" and then ignoring the needs of the employees who are face to face with the customers seems a bit backwards...

i guess

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

good upper management and perks

Cons

no work life balance seriously

CVS Caremark is a great company to work for the benefits are good as well.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Service Representative  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Bonuses are OK as well The company Caters alot of food to you and you get your PTO TIME very fast when you become permanent.

Cons

Training is ok as well their is not alot of moving up here or its more on a favoritism side and then again its who you may know.

CVS Caremark is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is a fast faced environment, there is always something to do. Never bored.

Cons

Always changing the way things are done. Hard to keep up.

Stay Positive.

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!