CVS Health Reviews

5,255 Employee Reviews

Laid back, but low pay

Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Pensacola, FL

Pros

Good co workers and managers.

Cons

Customers who are major couponers get pissed off when I decline their EXPIRED coupons. And pay was pretty much min. wage.

2. Pharmacy Tech Trainee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Weymouth, MA

I worked at CVS Health (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people, the knowledge. Making a difference in the lives of people. Keeping people healthy. Fun working environment.

Cons

The pay isn't that high considering you do script drop off and fill the script. Count the pills, label the bottle. Help customers with insurance issues.

Advice to Management

Suggest to raise the pay rate to something closer to $17 an hour. Pharmacy techs have a lot of responsibility dealing with people's health.

3. life at cvs

Pros

job security.. cvs is a stable company that is ever growing so no need to worry about loosing your job.. There are locations everywhere so if you relocate you should be able to find employment..

Cons

hours are always being reduced. putting added pressure on the pharmacist, and not allowing you to spend time with the customers .. It is just turning into a fast food pharmacy

Advice to Management

be kind to your employees.. we have to put up with a lot from the customers,

5. Very great company

Former Employee - Store Associate in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They teach you everything you need to know and it is very engaging.

Cons

No cons other than people drama whitch happens everywhere you work.

6. sALARY

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macon, GA

Pros

There is a lot og growth opportunity

Cons

The crazy shifts was one of the reasons I had to leave once I had my baby.

7. So-So

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were more highs than there were lows during my time at CVS. I got to meet great customers that I still keep in contact with today. I like the fact that as workers, we get discounts on almost every item.

Cons

So much tedious work for so little pay, and at most times, I don't get to end my shift early because other workers refused to come early.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay for workers, it will help a long way.

Lowest pay

Current Employee - Certified Lead Pharmacy Technician in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Certified Lead Pharmacy Technician in Boston, MA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good benefits, a lasting company

Cons

Low pay, too much about numbers, short staffed

Advice to Management

Hire more, quit outsourcing. Open career options. Create a ladder.

9. Two months was long enough

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate to be in a store with strong techs who were patient with my questions and an understanding PIC. We had no drive thru, so no worries about extra traffic from that. The job was fast-paced, so even on short shifts, the time just flew by. I also liked the leniency of the dress code and not having to wear a CVS uniform shirt. When I got offered another job, I was just getting to know some of our regular customers, who were great people.

Cons

The biggest reason I didn't stay longer was a lack of hours! In a way it was understandable because I was my store's first new tech hire in a long time, so everyone else had more seniority. But in another, it was frustrating because I don't learn well just by sitting in a training class or looking at computer lessons (more on that in a minute), so I never felt immersed in the job and was insecure about how slow I could be. I only felt more frustrated when a girl from another store in my training group was getting 30-hour weeks. I didn't really like having to ring up $100 worth of extra purchases that weren't prescriptions. With seven pages in production and a steady line (in my store it felt like you could barely count before another customer approached pick-up or drop-off), it would've been nice to have a limit on non-prescription items that could be rung out. -Some of the customers were condescending. I got a lecture from one lady when she decided I wasn't making eye contact with her, and another guy who talked down to me when he was upset the sale on laundry detergent wasn't ringing out right. That's more of a retail-specific problem, though, and I wouldn't think it was limited to CVS. -The training program was a drag! I hated having to read computer modules, then go to one store for classroom training, then do on-the-job training in yet another location. There is no reason why I can't do on the job training in the store that hired me. Although I guess that may have been an issue when you get to drive thru, but you can't just drop me at a store with a drive thru that's not a half hour haul from home? It felt like too much work for not even $10 an hour. -Lack of lunch breaks and any break at all drove me to the point of crazy. It wasn't fun surviving on a drink and snack from the front of the store.

Advice to Management

Change the training program! If you insist on the computer modules and classroom training, fine, but let new hires do the OTJ training in their own store. Give new techs more hours. I got lectured for not meeting deadline at production and not managing the workload effectively. It's an important skill to have no doubt, but how can you expect me to know everything in five minutes when I get eight hours a week? I can't be the only one who had to leave because of this. If I were getting more hours, I would've stuck with the company longer. I guess I can't offer much for not being there too long, but those were two of the biggest reasons I left.

10. CVS Review

Pros

I work in a fun and friendly environment. It's a face paced job which I prefer.

Cons

It's not a job where you can support yourself let alone a family on. You need a second job in order to help support yourself.

11. ok place to learn

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Every one is usually caring and kind.

Cons

Read the pros, because cvs makes you to be kind and caring employees come off fake

Advice to Management

Pick better managers and pay the pharmacy staff alittle bit better since we are the ones that carrier the majority of your business

Showing 5,255 of 5,372 reviews