CVS Health Reviews

3,196 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,177 Ratings

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 104 reviews)

Cons
  • It's difficult to maintain a good work/life balance, especially around the holidays (in 61 reviews)

• Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights

Regional Intern Pharmacy Coordinator

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Great position to work with the pharmacy interns that are in pharmacy school. Lots of travel to different colleges of pharmacy.

Cons

Compensation could be a lot better.

Good place to develop basic customer service skills

Former Employee - Cashier in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Falls Church, VA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get a job as cashier and move up the ranks to supervisor, assistant manager, etc.

Cons

very repetitive, unlimited amount of tasks to accomplish (you're never done until you clock out), grouchy old customers, management is sales driven and points driven and tends to care less about their workers.

Ask for associate feedback and involve them in mentally stimulating tasks so they do not feel like monotonous factory workers.

Great company, perfect location

Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier
    Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is incredibly caring for your well-being and completely understanding whenever needing or asking for time off or better shifts or better hours, very flexible with scheduling and hours, they give you more hours based on how hard you work (so yes, you are always rewarded for hard work), two paid 15 minute breaks, one half hour unpaid lunch, decent health benefits after passing probation, 20-30% employee discount in store, and very comfortable work environment.

Cons

Sometimes customers expect you to help four of them at once when you're the only checker up front, BUT there is always a second and third cashier available to call up from the backroom to help.

Awesome hands on experience where you can be yourself and genuinely help customers in need.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, Professional environment, hands on training, supportive co-workers and supervisors, easy to work with co-workers. Ability to be yourself while working. Time and a half pay on holidays.

Cons

Training took forever before actually working in the pharmacy, slow system.

Continue to acknowledge co-workers when they do their duties correctly and efficiently. Believe it or not, being acknowledged for my work motivated me to do it even better each and everyday.

Call Center Pharmacist

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better than retail pharmacy. Weekends off

Cons

HOurs of operations are not ideal

Better Hours

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

CVS Health is committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving the quality of care. We are shaping the future of health.

statistics

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

customers, plenty of overtime due to lack of employees

Cons

low hours to run stores, too many statistics numbers to place value of a store

more hours to run stores

Only Gotten Worse

Current Employee - Operations Consultant
    Current Employee - Operations Consultant

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many different types of jobs and a lot of room for upward mobility with this company. Time off is also a big plus.

Cons

The pay is very poor and annual raises don't come close to keeping up with the cost of living. Many new hires walk in the door making more than their counterparts who have been there for a few years. HR is a nightmare and only worries about whether the company may end up getting sued. The benefits this company now provides are a joke! Who wants to work for a Healthcare company who really doesn't provide Healthcare insurance? The only options left for employees are high deductible health savings plans which cost the employees more in premiums than the full coverage HMO plans they used to provide. The CEO of the company has the largest gap in pay inbetween what he makes compaired to his employees of any CEO out there....needless to say, this company has lost sight of everyone except its stockholders.

Please remember you have actual people working for you, not just bodies in seats you needed to fill.

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is "ok" , but considering the work load, the pay should be higher. Co-workers are awesome, best i have ever worked with in terms of efficiency and cooperation.

Cons

Under staffed. You wont even believe that despite the fact that this pharmacy alone earns alot per week, They wont even care if it is just operated by minimal person count possible.The workload has doubled , the person count is halved.

We have been from a completely rounded team down to a bunch of left for dead soldiers trying to defend and overran base camp , trying to hold the fort. Yet the Commander refuses to even send back up, and worst, critizise the way the team operates despite that there has been NO official training because the official trained crew left the company and most of all despite that The work load has DOUBLED and the staff is count is HALVED.Yet the CEO who handles us has the guts to say that it is the JUST way things are organized, I should say that he better be proud that we are able to hold the fort in times like this, this understaffing has been an issue since the start of 2014.

This is Before:

5 Pharmacist (1 Intern, 1 Perdiem)

10 Technicians (1 intern, 1 Lead, 1 Perdiem)

then down to AFTER:

3 Pharmacist
    -No perdiem
    -No intern

6 Technicians
    -No Lead tech
    -No perdiem
    -No intern

Take note that comparison before is that the pharmacy is making almost DOUBLE now compared to last year. from 6 digits per week to a whole 7. with just that amount of people . You Management BETTER be proud of us.

Next cons is the system, it is slow and unorganized, utility wise, i have seen better systems. Some glitch here and there.

Other than that it is ok.

Just a friendly advice to the HR person and to the CEO , Send back up ASAP and stop critizising the way it operates because take note that some of us recieve no formal training on the stations ,the pioneers left already, we are trained but it is the from the 1 week training of the original person. We are one of the most efficient people who take good care of your company, We are cooperative to your guys agenda but please treat us well also. You want to avoid dire mistakes? lawsuits and errors but it cant be avoided if you let a 9 man team do an 18 man job. You guys will lose us, if you wont do something. You wont just pick people out on the street to do this. The skill needed is high the learning curve is high.

Pharmacy Technician Totem Pole

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience, customers decent vision & dental..health insurance too expensive on part time hours.

Cons

Teamwork = 0
    Honesty = lacking
    Professionalism - needs great improvement
    Hours fluctuate
    Good consistent on time workers not valued!
    Lazy mean spirited long time workers attitudes recognized by customers overlooked by management

Shop your pharmacy staff! Give increased hours to proficient professional workers. Be more hands on...emulating what you expect from workers.
    Teach customer service to staff.