CWI

Be The First To
Add Photos

Engineering Internship

Student (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID

ProsThis company cares about its employees and puts safety first.

ConsJobs are usually contracts awarded to CWI. They take over old buildings and almost never spend contract money to improve offices, therefore they are old, broken, and smelly.

Great people, great atmosphere and lot's of freedom

PhD Student (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsLot' s of freedom, in terms of ideas, and in terms of filling in your working hours. Lot's of activities with colleagues.

ConsNo career build-up possible at the moment, could be more connection with industry and start-ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up an industrial support unit, separate from the scientific institute, as an interface between companies and CWI. To prevent scientific topics from being washed away by industrial issues and to capitalise on ideas in emerging fields such as big data and encryption.

Good place to do research, but not be a PhD student.

PhD Student (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsEnglish speaking, nice people, very good library

ConsVery conservative permanent stuff, very less support from support stuff

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate attention on PhD students, act openly

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

many great scientists, smart people

ProsThere are many great scientists in mathematics and computer science working in the building. It's a good place to have research experience with.

ConsDue to the economic situation, it's not likely to get a long term position there as a young researcher.

Worked for CWI? Contribute to the Community!