CXI Reviews

Shu Dasgupta

1. CXI used to be cool before their takeover

Former Employee - Web Designer in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Richmond, VA

I worked at CXI part-time (less than a year)

Pros

When I joined CXI, it was a medium sized company with a great, friendly, fun staff. The "cubicals" were really cool, open, and spacious

Cons

Their parent company, Stefanini sucks. They laid off most of the staff, and tried to force the remainder of the staff to extremely restrictive non-compete clauses which were really harmful to employees.

2. Disorganized, extremely unprofessional body shop with India offshore outsourcing

Former Employee - SAP Developer in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - SAP Developer in Richmond, VA

I worked at CXI

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at CXI (Codex). The management makes all kinds of promises and tales of good fortune about the company, but follows through with none of them. Its just - tell the programmer what he wants to here so we can hire him - otherwise if they told the truth no one would work for them. They make you well aware of their new large Brazilian parent owner - Stefanini Company - but that is also a joke- it just made the former CXI owner rich with no change to the poor past management of the company.

Cons

Company’s current President is unprofessional and berates his staff when things go wrong, takes no responsibility for the bad management within the company nor attempts to correct the problems. Clueless middle management staff and subpar computer equipment, tools, software and facilities. Carryover of poor IndigeTech Management was a bad choice as they only hide things from other managment and staff. Good programmers should seek other firms within the Richmond or surrounding areas as better firms are available.

CXI (Codex Inc.) Clean up your hiring practices and staff augmentation management. Attempt to perform as a professional company remove past IndigeTech employees from current management positions.
    Attempt being honest with clients.

3. It's a dirty job and this company does a good job

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at CXI

Pros

CXI is a consulting firm, it's local and account reps. are very straight forward and honest. While a consulting firm can sometimes act like "head hunters", this firm does have a little personal touch. I like they are local in Richmond and I can meet with Account Reps. for lunch or in their office to discuss issues. I've been working for this firm for about a year and have liked doing business with them more than other firms.

Cons

Since they are so small, sometimes communications can be lacking. They are still a bit impersonal with communications. Many times when I get emails from the "main office" I can count on 2 corrections. As an actual consultant I still feel like a peg they are using to fill a hole and nothing more. I do not feel valued per say but, what do you expect as a consultant?

Include the contractors/consultants with your full-time staff. You are making money off our backs, invite us to the christmas parties, etc.

5. good experience

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at CXI

Pros

good work/life balance, good place to start career

Cons

more training, more mentorship programs

horrible

Current Employee - Aircraft Engineer in Hounslow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Aircraft Engineer in Hounslow, England (UK)

I have been working at CXI

Pros

cant think of any nice things

Cons

very bias company that treats its employees in a very nasty manner. An employer that is very very very anti workers rites and aleays makes sure the advantage lies with them

Try to be nice to all you employees for they make the very company you work for and reinforce any future plans