Cabarrus County Schools

Cabarrus County Schools Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

One of NC's best school systems.

Teacher (Former Employee) Concord, NC

ProsI was able to do my job with the helpful support of my administrators & colleagues.

ConsCurrent NC legislation is ruining the profession of teaching & Common Core implementation was a nightmare! Poor planning on the part of county officials caused confusion & unpreparedness for teachers who had to adapt very quickly to new standards.

Fruit Prep/Server

Fruit Prep/Server (Former Employee) Concord, NC

Prosworking with elementary children serving lunch, preparing fruit daily. Hourly pay was good. Training was very easy. Time off policy was the second best quality of the job. We got all school holidays off paid including Christmas/Spring breaks & off Summers but without pay. It was always fun going back at the end of Summer to start a new school year. I'd love to be lucky enough to work at a Public Elementary School again. It was a lot of hard work but also fun.

ConsBeing able each day to prepare fruit (fresh, canned & Specialty) for 600 - 700 children per day. Having to do this plus other jobs within a 5 hour time frame. I took pride in my job of preparing fruit. Cleanliness is of great importance. Cleaning & keeping everything clean was a big part of this job.

Dont' Trust Anyone!

Clerical (Former Employee) Concord, NC

ProsCo-workers and kindness of some staff members.

ConsI was employed 15 years and was laid off, reason being 1 part of job eliminated, since it has only been 3 years there has been 3 people hired in that department! How does this happen to someone went to work everyday on time, helped other departments when needed! To this day, don't understand! FYI, 5 more years could of retired!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave answers to any of this Dr. Shepherd? Didn't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience for beginning teacher

ProsSmall district with a lot of resources.

ConsSome schools could use more staff members.

I rate Cabarrus County Schools as mostly average to below average.

Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed teaching the elementary kids, but not the middle and high school students. I was an itinerant teacher for 7 years and got to know a lot of the schools in this system. The student population is mostly homogeneous, making them easier to teach.

ConsI learned rather soon that a large percentage of teachers and administrators in this system graduated from this system. They all seemed to have known each other their entire lives. They were clickish and tended to have a hokey-pokey view of the world and seemed to be wary of outsiders. A lot of the faculty would not speak to you. Sports, band and chorus get a lot of attention in this school system. Academics were fairly average. Discipline in the inner city schools (Concord) is lacking and dependent on your family background. If a family is known in this town, principals seem to be afraid to discipline fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire teachers of different backgrounds. Work on academics.

Good schools, good kids.

Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsSmaller, provides more resources to teachers, less red tape than a large county

ConsTied to state budget so salary cannot increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementNa

Overall supportive working environment

Teacher (Current Employee) Concord, NC

ProsSupportive coworkers and compensated for experience.

ConsAdministration (school and district level) are out of touch with the teachers world.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in classrooms and examine the time demands and unproductive meetings teachers must attend.

teacher assistant

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) Concord, NC

ProsGood hours, off summers, great for working mothers.

Consno job security,( each summer you are told whether you will be returning for the next year) no salary increases based on merit.

Enjoy working with at-risk children.

EC Specialist (Current Employee) Concord, NC

ProsWatching students grow into young men and women. Having the opportunity to help guide and mold one's life. The challenge.

ConsWitnessing how our young population is becoming totally dependent on technology. Not being able to add or subtract without a calculator. Having to use electronic devices and computers to complete every task at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementChildren need to become more independent and responsible for their actions. Show them real world situations. Discipline should be a top priority.

This is a great working environment and promotes a nice balance of work and family.

Teacher Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsThe working hours are great when having children. No two days are the same. You work in a positvie work environment and the employee is offered good benefits.

ConsThe job stability for an Assistant isn't the greatest. It is hard to move up in the school district. You don't get pay increases all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that an Assistant has a very important job and should not take the biggest blow to budget cuts. Students can fall throught he cracks more without us because teachers have less time for each child.

Worked for Cabarrus County Schools? Contribute to the Community!