Cablevision Systems
www.cablevision.com Bethpage, NY 5000+ Employees

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan

James L. Dolan

Pros:
  • "Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free"
    in 46 reviews
  • "Free TV, Internet and phone services"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional"
    in 16 reviews
  • "A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Horrible upper management!

Technical Support Representative Tier II (Former Employee)
Shelton, CT

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits. Great health, dental and vision. And free Phone, TV and Internet if you are in the service area. Also a lot of discounts in many places, with monthly discounts for almost any major cell phone providers. Good physical work environment that is clean and bright.

ConsHorrible upper management. Managers micromanage to the point that they interfere with your everyday life. Inter-departmental communication is none existing. One department gets information while the other is left in the dark. Customer becomes irate when they speak to multiple departments and gets multiple answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all managers that have been in the same position for more than 5 years. They are too set in their ways and when something new comes down the pipes, they have no idea how to explain or teach anything new or different.

Family Values overshadowed by Corporatie views

Network Technician OSP Department (Current Employee)
Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSalary, Benefits, Technology Driven, tuition reimbursement, monthly events and promotions

ConsNo loyalty to long tenured employees after sustaining on job injuries

Advice to Senior ManagementRead Companies Values and Live Them

Insane owner with no skills is killing this company and there is nothing we can do about it.

Director (Current Employee)
Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe customers and free cable.

ConsJim Dolan is a idiot born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has no skills or vision and makes terrible decisions( see the Knicks, also) He is such a tyrant that he must surround himself with "yes" people. People would rather make the wrong decision for the business if they believe that is what Jim wants.

Advice to Senior ManagementRide the horse till it dies, or convince Jim to sell

Ad Sales Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cablevision Systems

ProsCompany has really good benefits

ConsCompany has been doing layoff recently

My experience with Cablevision Systems was very positive and allowed me to grow professionally.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCablevision Systems has a strong leadership team.

ConsCablevision needs to do a better job of communicating/executing their strategic vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be very helpful to more clearly align the strategic business plan across all business segments.

Good place to grow

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent health benefits, free cable/phone/internet services, room for growth if you are motivated and prove yourself as a hard working employee. Competitive pay, year-end bonus, great vacation/sick package.

ConsFrequently changing environment, which is expected in a telecom industry, but can be exhausting. Management will sometimes move forward with a change before thinking through details & the impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the impact of changes before making employees "jump." Listen when your team tells you about their challenges.

A strong company that allows for personal and career growth.

Network Operations Center Supervisor (Current Employee)
Hicksville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAffords excellent health and dental benefits
Plenty of paid time off between sick, personal and vacation time
Company product benefits
Competitive pay
Huge company with loads of opportunities to move up within your department or move to other departments.

ConsTwenty four hour/seven days a week company that never closes means you will have some positions that require overnight, holiday, and other unconventional hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP MICRO-MANAGING

You are Just a Body - Very Disappointed

Retention Specialist (Former Employee)
Bronx, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free! 401k w/ Company Match (50%) Fully Vested after 3 years. FREE CABLE if your in their service area.

ConsReps are treated as a number not a person. If you get a complaint from a customer you are treated as a criminal. You are expected to make numbers yet all your tools are stripped from you leaving you defenseless. If you give a customer advice, you are reprimanded for manipulating the system. Supervisors and managers don't help you unless you report directly to them. Loyalty means nothing to anyone in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your reps! we are the front line! You wouldn't last a day if you were in our shoes. Your reps are only as productive as the tools that you have provided them. Stop treating us like criminals if a complaint comes from a customer.

Company was great to work with, then the micro managing began.

Residential Account Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits, pension and matching 401k. Your health insurance is covered day one.

ConsThey now GPS track you through company owned iPads. Commission has been decreased by $40,000 and over. Yes that a subtraction from what we earned from the previous years. Very inconsistent managing style. No compensation for travel/gas expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementScale back the size of the sales offices, 30 people are too many for the territories assigned.

Very stressful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cablevision Systems

ProsI really don't have anything to say, I was there as a temp.

ConsI couldn't understand the hold time for inbound calls. People were holding almost an hour. Just not enough people working.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cablevision Systems Videos

Cablevision Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite of advanced digital television, voice and high-speed Internet services and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cablevision Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cablevision Systems CEO James L. Dolan. All 241 reviews posted anonymously by Cablevision Systems employees.