Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated December 18, 2014
18 reviews filtered by
  • Newark, NJ
2.4
Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan
James L. Dolan

1. Great if you just graduated college!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, paid time off, triple time for working holidays

Cons

Rude customers is the only thing i wish we did not have to deal with.

Make shifts in the evening better staffed.. we get swamped with the most calls.

RUN

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

4x10 Schedule with 3 days off in a row.

Cons

Crazy hours. Management knows nothing. We get cursed out and yell at all day by stupid customers who can't count or turn a cable box on or off without their hand being held and a gold star. They have no respect for their staff and do not value what we do. Their E3 quality team is complete bullcrap! It's all a set up. We are doormats.

Learn EVERYTHING needed to call yourself a manger or supervisor, don't refer every issue to the Field Comm. reading or KDB, believe me, it doesn't know everything which is why we need your help. Train the leads better and follow up with constant issues. Make the sups and managers get on the phone for at least 1 hour a week in the regular cue so they can know what we go through and so they can REALLY know their stuff at the drop of a dime. My supervisor knows nothing and brushes everything off because he hasn't been on the phones since before the the company had OV & IO service. Get rid of the E3 quality team and give that responsibility to the supervisors or managers- they don't do anything all day anyway but go have buddy buddy meetings and smoke their hookas in locked training rooms.

Ok

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of overtime allowed. They offer voluntary time off throughout the day in case you need to leave for any reason. free cable/internet discount

Cons

base salary could be better.

5. Direct Sales Supervisor

Former Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, compared to most Telecommunications companies, great leadership, one of the best companies ever worked for. .

Cons

NOTHINGS, that's worth mentioning. I wish Cablevision were located in the state i currently live in.
    To some people The "C" in Cablevision stands for change, and they may not be able to handle the changes evolving within the company, but with this industry constantly advancing you have to learn to adapt and overcome quickly.

None, stay strong Mr Dolan, I think your doing a fantastic job, given all the circumstances...

6. Very good.

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very rewarding for personal and team results.

Cons

Slow to adopting to business and marketing trends.

Focus more on what the Direct Sales Division is sharing with upper Management on what the situation is with their prospects and competition.

Need Justice

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cablevision/Optimum direct sales representative is a great position if you are self motivated and love money. There is an opportunity to make well above six figures, as i did in my first full year. In reality i started in a partial year in may and i still managed to make 72,000 that year. Cablevision has some perks like the presidents club dinner at the end of the year which is pretty easily attainable. Also Presidents Club Trip to an island for the top 2 performers in each office

Cons

terminated for violated a rule that did not exist. the company created a rule/policy only to charge whole office of violating the rule before it even existed. nightmare to say the least. Company did not do their due diligence in their investigation of our so called "sales by misconduct." Human Resources and Management could not state a policy that we violated. I still call Human Resources from time to time to ask which specific policy was violated and still haven't received an answer

8. Very informative great training program.

Former Employee - Residential Account Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Account Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits , team atmosphere.

Cons

Favoritism, and unethical practices. By employees overlooked by mngmt.

You have goals that are set , follow thru .Check on those that over-exceed them. Not only them but their mngmt. and don't be blinded by quantity look for quality. Only ones that suffer is the, Company Reputation and those that play by the book and any new recruits that appreciate the opportunity.

9. Worked for Cablevision for 2 years

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Good co-workers, great benefits from day 1, They treat well employees on holidays

Cons

For about the first year or so you will be working 3-1130 shift, Out dated systems, the service constantly fails, you get really irate customers

3-1130 sucks for anyone with children

10. Customer Support Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits package (Healthcare) is by far one of the best I have seen from any company. Free cable, internet, and phone.

Cons

Supervisors no less than their own customer service representatives when it comes to dealing with a customer issues or concerns. It is a stressful job at times especially when the company decides to make changes on a week to week basis. Unrealistic call handling metrics.

Listen to your experienced customer support representatives and no ," This is what you signed up for," is not an appropriate answer to a stressful work environment.

11. Good place to work if your looking to make decent money. I wouldn't plan on staying long though. Get in and get out.

Former Employee - Optimum Service Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Optimum Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money is good. Great overtime most of the year. Full benefits, tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000), Christmas bonuses. Also if they choose you to work on a holiday you get paid triple what you'd normally make for that day.

Cons

The job is easy but some of the customers are outright mean and rude. The company doesn't back you either which makes it a little difficult to deal with these kinds of people. The companies computer systems makes it even more difficult. They're slow and outdated. They need to do a better job selecting supervisors. A lot of them don't know how to begin to help there reps without consulting another supervisor. Also, communication between all the departments needs to get better. Ex: A certain policy or rule is enforced in customer service but not in the sales department, which makes it harder on us when a customer says "Oh well the sales person I spoke to before you didn't tell me that." Also policies change daily at this job. 1 day you can get fired for something, the next day they take it away all together like it doesn't even matter.

Try to get the input of a rep when you decide something needs to be changed. We are the ones on the front line experiencing the problems customer are having and if customer satisfaction is the goal, who better to give you the information you need to meet this goal? Also if your going to hire a supervisor promote from within. There's so much information that a supervisor needs to know and it takes time to retain these things. If a supervisors job is to support their reps they need to have the knowledge it takes. Promote from within.

Cablevision Systems Photos