Cablevision Systems Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan
James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free cable, internet and phone, including all premium channels is great (in 30 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional (in 18 reviews)

• Depending on your department, there is not much room for growth (in 8 reviews)

1. Great Benefits and Knowlegeable Employees

Current Employee - Call Center in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Call Center in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Optimum since 2012. The company has the best benefit plan around and the company gives employees a chance to grow and earn promotions. The Human Resource Manager and Director are the best in the business and anytime I have a concern that needs HR they do everything they can to help and give suggestions. My supervisors have all been awesome and help me become the best I can be.

Cons

The Call Center Management picks their favorite people to do special projects and do not spread the chances to others.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is be more caring and show respect to your employees. When an employee comes to you with a concern, stop just saying sorry you have no options. This is only regarding call center management (Not HR). Also stop picking favorites to do special projects and offer the chances to others. Like when the Support desk was created the director picked her own people and did not offer the position to others.

RUN

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4x10 Schedule with 3 days off in a row.

Cons

Crazy hours. Management knows nothing. We get cursed out and yell at all day by stupid customers who can't count or turn a cable box on or off without their hand being held and a gold star. They have no respect for their staff and do not value what we do. Their E3 quality team is complete bullcrap! It's all a set up. We are doormats.

Advice to Management

Learn EVERYTHING needed to call yourself a manger or supervisor, don't refer every issue to the Field Comm. reading or KDB, believe me, it doesn't know everything which is why we need your help. Train the leads better and follow up with constant issues. Make the sups and managers get on the phone for at least 1 hour a week in the regular cue so they can know what we go through and so they can REALLY know their stuff at the drop of a dime. My supervisor knows nothing and brushes everything off because he hasn't been on the phones since before the the company had OV & IO service. Get rid of the E3 quality team and give that responsibility to the supervisors or managers- they don't do anything all day anyway but go have buddy buddy meetings and smoke their hookas in locked training rooms.

3. Great if you just graduated college!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, paid time off, triple time for working holidays

Cons

Rude customers is the only thing i wish we did not have to deal with.

Advice to Management

Make shifts in the evening better staffed.. we get swamped with the most calls.

Ok

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of overtime allowed. They offer voluntary time off throughout the day in case you need to leave for any reason. free cable/internet discount

Cons

base salary could be better.

6. Direct Sales Supervisor

Former Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, compared to most Telecommunications companies, great leadership, one of the best companies ever worked for. .

Cons

NOTHINGS, that's worth mentioning. I wish Cablevision were located in the state i currently live in.
    To some people The "C" in Cablevision stands for change, and they may not be able to handle the changes evolving within the company, but with this industry constantly advancing you have to learn to adapt and overcome quickly.

Advice to Management

None, stay strong Mr Dolan, I think your doing a fantastic job, given all the circumstances...

7. Very good.

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very rewarding for personal and team results.

Cons

Slow to adopting to business and marketing trends.

Advice to Management

Focus more on what the Direct Sales Division is sharing with upper Management on what the situation is with their prospects and competition.

Need Justice

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cablevision/Optimum direct sales representative is a great position if you are self motivated and love money. There is an opportunity to make well above six figures, as i did in my first full year. In reality i started in a partial year in may and i still managed to make 72,000 that year. Cablevision has some perks like the presidents club dinner at the end of the year which is pretty easily attainable. Also Presidents Club Trip to an island for the top 2 performers in each office

Cons

terminated for violated a rule that did not exist. the company created a rule/policy only to charge whole office of violating the rule before it even existed. nightmare to say the least. Company did not do their due diligence in their investigation of our so called "sales by misconduct." Human Resources and Management could not state a policy that we violated. I still call Human Resources from time to time to ask which specific policy was violated and still haven't received an answer

9. Very informative great training program.

Former Employee - Residential Account Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Account Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits , team atmosphere.

Cons

Favoritism, and unethical practices. By employees overlooked by mngmt.

Advice to Management

You have goals that are set , follow thru .Check on those that over-exceed them. Not only them but their mngmt. and don't be blinded by quantity look for quality. Only ones that suffer is the, Company Reputation and those that play by the book and any new recruits that appreciate the opportunity.

10. Worked for Cablevision for 2 years

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Good co-workers, great benefits from day 1, They treat well employees on holidays

Cons

For about the first year or so you will be working 3-1130 shift, Out dated systems, the service constantly fails, you get really irate customers

Advice to Management

3-1130 sucks for anyone with children

11. Customer Support Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits package (Healthcare) is by far one of the best I have seen from any company. Free cable, internet, and phone.

Cons

Supervisors no less than their own customer service representatives when it comes to dealing with a customer issues or concerns. It is a stressful job at times especially when the company decides to make changes on a week to week basis. Unrealistic call handling metrics.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experienced customer support representatives and no ," This is what you signed up for," is not an appropriate answer to a stressful work environment.

RSS Feed </> Embed