Cablevision Systems
www.cablevision.com Bethpage, NY 5000+ Employees

Cablevision Systems Reviews in Newark, NJ

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan

James L. Dolan

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very informative great training program.

Residential Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsSalary, benefits , team atmosphere.

ConsFavoritism, and unethical practices. By employees overlooked by mngmt.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have goals that are set , follow thru .Check on those that over-exceed them. Not only them but their mngmt. and don't be blinded by quantity look for quality. Only ones that suffer is the, Company Reputation and those that play by the book and any new recruits that appreciate the opportunity.

Worked for Cablevision for 2 years

Newark, NJ

ProsGood Pay, Good co-workers, great benefits from day 1, They treat well employees on holidays

ConsFor about the first year or so you will be working 3-1130 shift, Out dated systems, the service constantly fails, you get really irate customers

Advice to Senior Management3-1130 sucks for anyone with children

Customer Support Representative

Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsThe benefits package (Healthcare) is by far one of the best I have seen from any company. Free cable, internet, and phone.

ConsSupervisors no less than their own customer service representatives when it comes to dealing with a customer issues or concerns. It is a stressful job at times especially when the company decides to make changes on a week to week basis. Unrealistic call handling metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your experienced customer support representatives and no ," This is what you signed up for," is not an appropriate answer to a stressful work environment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work if your looking to make decent money. I wouldn't plan on staying long though. Get in and get out.

Optimum Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsThe money is good. Great overtime most of the year. Full benefits, tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000), Christmas bonuses. Also if they choose you to work on a holiday you get paid triple what you'd normally make for that day.

ConsThe job is easy but some of the customers are outright mean and rude. The company doesn't back you either which makes it a little difficult to deal with these kinds of people. The companies computer systems makes it even more difficult. They're slow and outdated. They need to do a better job selecting supervisors. A lot of them don't know how to begin to help there reps without consulting another supervisor. Also, communication between all the departments needs to get better. Ex: A certain policy or rule is enforced in customer service but not in the sales department, which makes it harder on us when a customer says "Oh well the sales person I spoke to before you didn't tell me that." Also policies change daily at this job. 1 day you can get fired for something, the next day they take it away all together like it doesn't even matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get the input of a rep when you decide something needs to be changed. We are the ones on the front line experiencing the problems customer are having and if customer satisfaction is the goal, who better to give you the information you need to meet this goal? Also if your going to hire a supervisor promote from within. There's so much information that a supervisor needs to know and it takes time to retain these things. If a supervisors job is to support their reps they need to have the knowledge it takes. Promote from within.

My experience at Cablevision is a great.

Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsOne of the best reasons is you learn a lot about the industry.

ConsThere is not enough room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementIts great to have a open door policy.

GREAT!

Newark, NJ

ProsThe benefits and compensation were awesome!

ConsNight Shift, sharing of cubicles

n/a

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsHas good benefits. Free cable services

Conslearn to stand by their representatives choices. Their customers are rude and treat you like crap.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to deal with their representatives in a professional manner.

great for some, nightmare for many

Residential Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

Prosbenefits from day 1 , good training, lots of independence on job, good commission structure. if you are good at this job 100k is easily attainable

Consdont work in newark office if you do not speak spanish or portugese, very high pressure constantly encouraged to work on days off, paid by install date rather than sale date. when I started in newark I was told we were to get 400 leads a month and if you sell 11 you make 100k. if you do not speak spanish you have to work either bayonne or south newark. you can only sell customers who are active with another provider (dish, direct tv, fios) therefore in newark you have very little opportunity. for example you get probably 300 leads on average, atleast 100 of the addresses are vacant, another 120 dont have any provider so you cant sell them, 50 of them have a competitor owe atleast 300$ to the company. so that leaves you with 30, so learn spanish or have a VERY HIGH close rate.
    Very high turnover for sales reps, out of 100 reps that are hired for being studs in real estate, insurance, cars, etc only about 10 end up making the big money. its pretty much feast or famine. but if you can do it i cant think of a better job

Very Trying on Your Patience

Newark, NJ

Prosummm.....not many at all. I guess the only pro would be that its a job

Consnot enough $ for the work, constant shift realignments

Advice to Senior Managementpay us more!!!!!!

If you like to knock on strangers' doors and comfortable with building rapport that's a job for you.

Residential Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsBest benefits, Good atmosphere, opportunity to make good money if you speak Spanish.

ConsMicro management, Not enough leads to work with, talking to same customers again and again.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to come up with the new territory and put a limit on number of sales peoples, because when you flood the floor with salespeople and not having enough leads, they will definitely suffer.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cablevision Systems Videos

Cablevision Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite of advanced digital television, voice and high-speed Internet services and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cablevision Systems reviews and ratings in Newark, NJ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cablevision Systems CEO James L. Dolan. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Cablevision Systems employees.