Cablevision Systems

www.cablevision.com

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan

James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free TV, Internet and phone services(in 25 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional(in 18 reviews)

• A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative(in 13 reviews)

Good company to work for but requires some patience with the constant changes the company implements.

Advance Field Service Tech (Current Employee) Oakland, NJ

ProsFree cable, good benefits, freedom, room to grow, fair supervisors/management

ConsToo many changes, unreasonable work load at times, working in all weather conditions, irate customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementProtocol for on-call techs should go back to how it used to be, emergencies and business calls only.

Worth the time

Manager (Former Employee) Randolph, NJ

ProsGreat benefits and competitive pay! Better when you live in the service area...
    Good product and very Strong local branding with News12 Exclusive content!

ConsMust be a work horse to advance and succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out the future...Content delivery or commoditized broadband

Very good.

Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsVery rewarding for personal and team results.

ConsSlow to adopting to business and marketing trends.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on what the Direct Sales Division is sharing with upper Management on what the situation is with their prospects and competition.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for on LI - placing emphasis on becoming cutting edge

Prosfree cable, location, competitive benefit plan, placing emphasis on becoming cutting edge

ConsStill mired in old ways, but working to fix. Many of the ineffective leaders have been phased out

Good Company, Values employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Free services aside from equipment; if your area doesn't have cable vision you get somewhat of an allowance for your cable/internet/phone. Work hours aren't bad. Pay is good and there are yearly reviews.

ConsNever received any real training, kind of just got thrown into the job after a few days of shadowing other employees. Some high volume stores appeared to be understaffed.

Very informative great training program.

Residential Account Representative (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsSalary, benefits , team atmosphere.

ConsFavoritism, and unethical practices. By employees overlooked by mngmt.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have goals that are set , follow thru .Check on those that over-exceed them. Not only them but their mngmt. and don't be blinded by quantity look for quality. Only ones that suffer is the, Company Reputation and those that play by the book and any new recruits that appreciate the opportunity.

inbound sales rep

Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsAwesome training, good people, great atmosphere, benefits are great!

Consthe cable data system was very old

Need Justice

Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsCablevision/Optimum direct sales representative is a great position if you are self motivated and love money. There is an opportunity to make well above six figures, as i did in my first full year. In reality i started in a partial year in may and i still managed to make 72,000 that year. Cablevision has some perks like the presidents club dinner at the end of the year which is pretty easily attainable. Also Presidents Club Trip to an island for the top 2 performers in each office

Consterminated for violated a rule that did not exist. the company created a rule/policy only to charge whole office of violating the rule before it even existed. nightmare to say the least. Company did not do their due diligence in their investigation of our so called "sales by misconduct." Human Resources and Management could not state a policy that we violated. I still call Human Resources from time to time to ask which specific policy was violated and still haven't received an answer

Cablevision should give more opportunities to their employees.

Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsThe give benefits the first day you start and pricing is very reasonable

ConsThey only give minimal raise and do not have much room for growth. Management gives unreasonable expectations which then they make you will like you can not do youre job correctly. If you do not go above and beyond every single day a employee will seem like they are not trying hard enough. I feel that cablevision managerment runs around in circles trying to do the same thing and never improving. Departaments also do not work together it's always a power struggle to get what needs to get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more job opportunties for individuals that are willing to grow and learn.

Work In Progress

ProsBenefits, atmosphere, vacation/sick time, incentives, Enthusiam from staff to succeed.

Conspersonal growth, lack of thorough training when there's a rapid changes to a procedure

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!