Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

3.3

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan
James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free TV, Internet and phone services (in 25 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional (in 18 reviews)

• A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Need Justice

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cablevision/Optimum direct sales representative is a great position if you are self motivated and love money. There is an opportunity to make well above six figures, as i did in my first full year. In reality i started in a partial year in may and i still managed to make 72,000 that year. Cablevision has some perks like the presidents club dinner at the end of the year which is pretty easily attainable. Also Presidents Club Trip to an island for the top 2 performers in each office

Cons

terminated for violated a rule that did not exist. the company created a rule/policy only to charge whole office of violating the rule before it even existed. nightmare to say the least. Company did not do their due diligence in their investigation of our so called "sales by misconduct." Human Resources and Management could not state a policy that we violated. I still call Human Resources from time to time to ask which specific policy was violated and still haven't received an answer

Sadly not a nice place to work

Former Employee - Director  in  Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Director in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Local, good salary, employees hard-working and majority good people.

Cons

Lack of leadership, vision, creativity and communication. Not an encouraging environment for personal growth or health, out of touch management doesn't live by company values.

Respect your employees and allow them to do their jobs.

Cablevision should give more opportunities to their employees.

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The give benefits the first day you start and pricing is very reasonable

Cons

They only give minimal raise and do not have much room for growth. Management gives unreasonable expectations which then they make you will like you can not do youre job correctly. If you do not go above and beyond every single day a employee will seem like they are not trying hard enough. I feel that cablevision managerment runs around in circles trying to do the same thing and never improving. Departaments also do not work together it's always a power struggle to get what needs to get done.

Offer more job opportunties for individuals that are willing to grow and learn.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work In Progress

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time

Pros

Benefits, atmosphere, vacation/sick time, incentives, Enthusiam from staff to succeed.

Cons

personal growth, lack of thorough training when there's a rapid changes to a procedure

Backstabbing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free cable, phone, Internet. Decent people, mostly. Suburban atmosphere

Cons

Backstabbing superiors who did not flinch to throw others under the bus to save their own job. So glad I'm gone, but was a brutal experience. Went from two years of "exceeds expectation" in job reviews to whacked so my boss could save his job.

Ugh.

Business Sales Pays Well, but No Opportunity

Current Employee - Business Sales- Direct  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Sales- Direct in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you achieve or exceed quota as a Business Account Executive, you will earn 6 figures. Benefits are some of the best out there.

Cons

Company going through a major internal shift. It seems like there is no budget for growth. Management culture is highly political and can be extremely negative and condescending. HR is not there for the employee, but rather to shelter abusive managers. There is no room for growth as a sales rep. Product penetration is unbelievably high for door to door reps and for those in Strategic, Enterprise Optimum Business or other Alternate Channels there is weak leadership and no support from upper management.

Act like you care about commercial sales. Don't pretend to be a telecom company (SIP, PRI etc.) and yet spend no money on support and improving those processes. Support and marketing for these higher end products is a joke. Also, put more oversight on your abusive, condescending managers. My manager is out of control, employees fear him and no one feels that the company or HR would do anything.

Awesome mix of people.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Perm  in  Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Perm in Melville, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid Insurance, Holiday bonus, and free cable for the price of equipment. Great variety of people to work with. Outdoor summer bbq in the parking lot and always a fun winter party. Many people were able to move up to non phone positions and start careers.

Cons

Repetitive call after call, micromanagement, (typical call center). I did find it odd that they were so worried about being unionized that we had group meetings about it one time, and another time after a major change with the company we were told not to comment online and even anonymous comments by employees would be found out. (never actually heard of anything happening beyond the threat.) Other then that nothing too bad.

Make sure employees are compensated fairly, as Long Island is a very expensive place to live, keep up with the good employee benefits, and don't let online complaints, whether by employees or clients serve as detractor. Use social media as a tool to turn customers around and also add more jobs.

A great company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the values that the company generally places on its employees. It has great benefits and competitive pay. Many different types of positions are available

Cons

Workload is extreme, career paths are unclear and the management is not strong. (not EVP level and above)

Directors/VP/SVP's need to be leaders, not traffic coordinators.

I learned a lot of information on sales and telecommunications at Cablevision Systems.

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative  in  Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment with a lot of support to help you achieve your sale goals.

Cons

The commission structure did not compensate well for the sales achieved by employers.

Commission structures should be a little more flexible in late night hours since sales calls cant be made after 9pm.

Great company to work for!!!

Current Employee - TSG Level II Representative  in  Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - TSG Level II Representative in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits..open door policy...upper management encourage employees to be proactive employees instead of reactive

Cons

None so far...just got hired still in training

Continue what you doing

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!