Cablevision Systems

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
3.3

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan
James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free TV, Internet and phone services (in 25 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional (in 18 reviews)

• A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Your just a number

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Riverhead, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Riverhead, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

steady work is the best pro. There is always the option of overtime available to you. Some of the supervising staff are great.

Cons

There are to many cons besides the ever changing policy as to what your review is based on. There's always knee jerk reactions from the corporate office. They do a poor job of making sure equipment such as ladders are up to date and safe. Like the title also says you are just a number replacable at anytime. I've seen many of my coworkers get away with pretty rediculous things where others get let go after a long career for a minor incident in there near flawless career. so no matter how long you have been there or how loyal you are you can always have the floor come out from under you.

Appreciate the hard working technicians you have working for you and stop pretending to listen to there needs. Also if you stay without a union it doesn't mean that you can not have someone stand up for an employee in need.

Need Justice

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cablevision/Optimum direct sales representative is a great position if you are self motivated and love money. There is an opportunity to make well above six figures, as i did in my first full year. In reality i started in a partial year in may and i still managed to make 72,000 that year. Cablevision has some perks like the presidents club dinner at the end of the year which is pretty easily attainable. Also Presidents Club Trip to an island for the top 2 performers in each office

Cons

terminated for violated a rule that did not exist. the company created a rule/policy only to charge whole office of violating the rule before it even existed. nightmare to say the least. Company did not do their due diligence in their investigation of our so called "sales by misconduct." Human Resources and Management could not state a policy that we violated. I still call Human Resources from time to time to ask which specific policy was violated and still haven't received an answer

Used to be a great place to work

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros

The benefits are great, staff is helpful and really want to do a superior job

Cons

Morale has deteriorated, people are fearful of getting let go and everyone is out for themselves

get back to basics

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cablevision should give more opportunities to their employees.

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The give benefits the first day you start and pricing is very reasonable

Cons

They only give minimal raise and do not have much room for growth. Management gives unreasonable expectations which then they make you will like you can not do youre job correctly. If you do not go above and beyond every single day a employee will seem like they are not trying hard enough. I feel that cablevision managerment runs around in circles trying to do the same thing and never improving. Departaments also do not work together it's always a power struggle to get what needs to get done.

Offer more job opportunties for individuals that are willing to grow and learn.

Good company to work for on LI - placing emphasis on becoming cutting edge

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

free cable, location, competitive benefit plan, placing emphasis on becoming cutting edge

Cons

Still mired in old ways, but working to fix. Many of the ineffective leaders have been phased out

Good Company, Values employees

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Good benefits. Free services aside from equipment; if your area doesn't have cable vision you get somewhat of an allowance for your cable/internet/phone. Work hours aren't bad. Pay is good and there are yearly reviews.

Cons

Never received any real training, kind of just got thrown into the job after a few days of shadowing other employees. Some high volume stores appeared to be understaffed.

Very informative great training program.

Former Employee - Residential Account Representative  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Account Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary, benefits , team atmosphere.

Cons

Favoritism, and unethical practices. By employees overlooked by mngmt.

You have goals that are set , follow thru .Check on those that over-exceed them. Not only them but their mngmt. and don't be blinded by quantity look for quality. Only ones that suffer is the, Company Reputation and those that play by the book and any new recruits that appreciate the opportunity.

inbound sales rep

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome training, good people, great atmosphere, benefits are great!

Cons

the cable data system was very old

RUN! RUN! RUN

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Oakland, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Oakland, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great that you get free cable

Cons

Micro managed; no room for growth. Coworker blew whistle on manager and got fired 6 months later -- then the entire department was called in by HR and questioned. We had no idea what was going on. From top management to sales support, it is a culture of kill or be killed.

Just quit - you don't know how to manage

Business Sales Pays Well, but No Opportunity

Current Employee - Business Sales- Direct  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Sales- Direct in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you achieve or exceed quota as a Business Account Executive, you will earn 6 figures. Benefits are some of the best out there.

Cons

Company going through a major internal shift. It seems like there is no budget for growth. Management culture is highly political and can be extremely negative and condescending. HR is not there for the employee, but rather to shelter abusive managers. There is no room for growth as a sales rep. Product penetration is unbelievably high for door to door reps and for those in Strategic, Enterprise Optimum Business or other Alternate Channels there is weak leadership and no support from upper management.

Act like you care about commercial sales. Don't pretend to be a telecom company (SIP, PRI etc.) and yet spend no money on support and improving those processes. Support and marketing for these higher end products is a joke. Also, put more oversight on your abusive, condescending managers. My manager is out of control, employees fear him and no one feels that the company or HR would do anything.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!