Cablevision Systems

www.cablevision.com

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan

James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free TV, Internet and phone services (in 25 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional (in 18 reviews)

• A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Commercial Account Executive

Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits and Compensation Package to begin, great people to work with, and a decent sense of fulfillment with the job. Easy job if you put hard and smart work into it.

ConsMarket is well penetrated, management isn't as available for you as they say they are, comp plan ever changing, quota up/commission down, many lay-offs. Security for even top sales people doesn't seem to be there.

Customer Support Representative

Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsThe benefits package (Healthcare) is by far one of the best I have seen from any company. Free cable, internet, and phone.

ConsSupervisors no less than their own customer service representatives when it comes to dealing with a customer issues or concerns. It is a stressful job at times especially when the company decides to make changes on a week to week basis. Unrealistic call handling metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your experienced customer support representatives and no ," This is what you signed up for," is not an appropriate answer to a stressful work environment.

Cablevision - Bartow Call Center

Advanced Service Representative (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsThey have good paid training and of course the Free Cable/Phone & Internet you get once your a Full time employee is a BIG plus. Good Health Plan and other Benefits.

ConsThe Management team at Bartow has no clue on what they are doing. Almost every manager comes from another company with little or no knowledge of Cablevision's products or services.
    Management's idea of Management is making subtle threats to their employees in regards to Quality of Service, and extended time off you take (regardless if you have the time or not).

Since the Call Center is a 24/7 operation, your shift can change every six to twleve months, so you will find yourself juggling your lifestyle at least twice a year so if you have a family (WIfe and Kids) you'll have to get use to making that adjustment often.

And since the Bartow Call Center is located in Co-Op City, if you don't drive any shift after Midnight leaves with no way to get home unless you drive or can afford to take a cab to the Pelham Bay Train Station (which cost about $8 one way). You get a half hour for lunch and two 15 minutes breaks.

Advancement, at least in the time I was there from 2007 to 2014, is not based on your performance but on who you know at Bartow.

Advice to Senior ManagementJames Dolan needs to pay more attention to this portion of his Empire rather than worrying about his Knicks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good with a lot of growth opportunity

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

Pros3 promotions over a course of 16 years

ConsCorporate direction can get unreasonable at times

Great place to work!

Management (Current Employee) Bethpage, NY

ProsI truly enjoyed my employment at Cablevision especially in the earlier years where we were treated like family.

ConsDepending on your department, there is not much room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees who have been not only hard workers, but have put their best efforts and lives into the company.

Good company Overall

Retention Specialist (Current Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsPay was great!! Benefits covered day one, free cable,401k plan, fully invested with company after 3 years!

ConsManagement, favoritism, no room for growth, easily to get cheated out of your commission with the new commission structure.

Very pleasant if you play the game right

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsGreat pay. Above industry standard

ConsManagement tends to not care about the employee needs

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more human and appeal to the employee as people

Good place to work!

Team Leader Technical Support (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery good place to work, good people and great benefits!

ConsLack of growth, training and motivation, very slow career growth!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore guidance and training will be better!

Decent place to work and great benefits

Manager (Former Employee) Bethpage, NY

ProsGreat benefits package, tend to pay higher than most local companies, good group of people to work with overall and local (if you live on LI).

ConsOverworked, upper management needs to get down in the trenches more instead of sitting on their perch, a lot of department managers moved their way up due to years with the company (not that they are necessarily capable of doing the job), no formal training as you move up in management and major politics

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many managers there are interested in themselves only, not what's best for the company. There is growth opportunity in the revenue generating portion of the business, but growth is stifled in the Corporate environment - needs to be looked at for advancement instead of 'restructuring'.

Great for benefits and pay

Technical Support Representative Tier III (Current Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsAs a tech support rep III and after almost 6 years, I resigned, to look for other opportunities. Has good pay, great benefits and free TV, Phone and Internet if within footprint.

ConsYou have to learn to pick and choose which leads and supervisors can help you. Support can sometimes be limited. As a rep III at time I knew more then the leads or sups but because of level of access to tools I had to reach out to useless leads or sups and questioned med every step of the way. Just help me help the customer!!! Is our job!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork environment can be better. Promote the right people to lead or supervisors, at times it just seems fixed the way some people have been promoted.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!