Caché

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jay Margolis

Pros
  • I was given an Employee Discount on items in store (in 11 reviews)

• good work/life balance in 9:30 out by 9:30/10 (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unstable company environment , high turn over, upper management is not consistent (in 5 reviews)

• Employees working full time hours but being categorzied as part time so they could not recieve benefits (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, relaxing, and enjoyable

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsMy co-workers. What great friends and a great team!

ConsWages, routine raises based on performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and promote employee retention via minimum wage increases overall and raises bi-annually based on employee performance review.

Terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros9-5 hrs, good work/ life balance. Loyal customer base. Friendly work environment.

ConsNo one has any idea what's going on or what type of company they want to be. Complete lack of understanding of the customer.

Former Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsThe clothes are decent they do give you 70% off you first 3 tips and bottoms but after its 30-40% depending on employee promotions.

Some clothing is very well made.

Items are very trendy, however, but not lasting fashion pieces.

Customer service in call center is very nice

Cons-Mandatory Sunday night after closing meetings. -Mandatory 4-5 am floor set changes.
    -Mandatory to wear clothing that is on the selling floor only in my store. So average of 500 spent on clothing every 3-4 months even after discount.
    -some clothes are so poorly made they fall apart
    -store manager didn't have any tact or control over her employees.
    -sales associates were permitted to disrespect assistant managers
    -customers could verbally abuse management and even when they were in the wrong if they called to complain you were reprimanded (trying to return worn clothing, wanting cash with no receipt, clearly switching tags on pieces)
    -DM had no clue what she was doing
    -employees are not trustworthy

Advice to Senior ManagementGet DM's who have an idea what they are doing. The inability for the open door policy to be followed is disgusting and utterly unacceptable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Women who were employed were too stuck up.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsI was given an Employee Discount on items in store.

ConsHad to stand in heels during whole shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave employees not judge the customers based on class in society.

Manager

Assistant, Manager (Former Employee) Atlantic City, NJ

ProsNice small stores easy to work in it's challenging sometimes but it could be a fun place to work in

ConsMust be a full timer not enough hours payroll very different discount could bd better if the company wants us to wear their clothes

Small chance to grow

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood work environment, no stress.

ConsSmall pay races one time in 4 tears. Small employee discount.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo consistency

Work in Progress

Design (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat team members! Great Health coverage!

ConsConstant changes, last minute changes

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the new upper management team members need help making decisions

Loved it!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLove the company culture and the 40% discount. As with any job, whether or not your store manager is good will likely determine your experience with the company. I had a fabulous manager!

ConsI suppose it all depends on your income level, but for me personally, it was difficult to afford the clothing even at a discount, but it wasn't required that we wear the clothing, just encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade your computer system and get faster internet for heaven's sake...the longer the customers wait for assistance the more sales you loose!

learning experience

Co-Manager (Former Employee) Orange, CA

Prospeople you work with and the employee discount.

Consupgrade on everything! systems are way too old, and policies need a consistent flow.

Advice to Senior Managementdo right by your employees

In trouble

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, decent perks, pretty dresses, great local co-workers

ConsClothing quality is inconsistent therefore hard to sell, company is downsizing, training/operations not organized at all

Advice to Senior ManagementWith new CEO there is hope, but it needs to trickle down to the DMs, SMs, and team. The DMs are ever changing and often extremely unorganized. Train people with specific steps and manuals. Make sure everyone is educated on brand, operations, and client services.

Worked for Caché? Contribute to the Community!