Caché

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
2.9

Jay Margolis

Pros
  • I was given an Employee Discount on items in store (in 11 reviews)

• 9-5 hrs, good work/ life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no benefits for part-time (in 6 reviews)

• Unstable company environment , high turn over, upper management is not consistent (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice, fun work atmosphere!

I have been working at Caché full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love that I am able to clientele and work one on one with customers. I'm able to actually style clients unlike some stores that just let you look and only approach you when you need a fitting room. The people I work with are great! Nice employee discount. Usually 40%, every new collection 50%, and sometimes 60%. Your first 3 bottoms and first 3 tops are 70% off. Even though I am an assistant manager, my duties are essentially the same as the store manager. Because I wanted to develop more skills and eventually become a store manager, I was able to perform all duties of the store manager without any problems. You have to own the brand and your store which is awesome. There no micromanaging from upper management and corporate!!

Cons

The pay is terrible and if you aren't in a high volume store, you won't make a lot. Part time managers receive little to no benefits even though you may be working 30-36 hours a week. Also the bonus structure is a joke for the ASM. Store manager can receive 10% off of what the store makes in a month (I have seen upwards of $600+ monthly bonus for SSM) and the full time ASM gets $40-$100 bonus (part time ASM gets even less).

Also no commission. You can get an inventory bonus but only if you are full time and have been in your current position for more than 3 months and have worked in that position for five months prior to inventory (you basically have to work 8 months before earning a full inventory bonus). You can earn half if you are in your position for 5 months before inventory.

Prepare to have no work life balance...there are blackout dates twice a year...no vacations and no Saturdays off for about two months. They expect a lot from managers yet they do not pay enough especially in low volume stores.

Compensate your employees...we'd rather earn more money than earn discounts and "cash" that we can only spend on clothes. Also, get better vendors...

Great part time job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Caché part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice working environment, management is very helpful with training, always getting new merchandise keeping up with the latest styles. Flexible and very accommodating with work schedule. Great employee discounts and are usually able to earn Cache cash and/or extra discounts based on the store's monthly performance.

Cons

Do not get commission.Tend to limit part time employees to five-hour shifts a day even though you may prefer to work a longer shift on one day than having to come in on several days. Not really a big deal though.

good company for 1st job

I worked at Caché

Pros

good for pt if you have another job

Cons

not enough hours for work

more positive attitude and be more enthusiastic

Smaller chain, fun to work for

I have been working at Caché

Pros

Lots of fun and load fashion, nice management team to work for. They give you lots of freedom to find creative ways to grow your business.

Cons

The company runs very lean, so you have to often figure out creative ways to market or throw events without much funding. Also the clothes are expensive and the discounts are so so.

They give very few hours to part time people and a very high turnover in sales and management

I have been working at Caché

Pros

You get a nice discount

Cons

No full time sales associates and no benefits

Try to listen to you employees and their availability.give partimers more hours.

It was alright, no advancement possible.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Caché full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay. That was really it. The customer is snobby, and the staff are okay. Some women associates are kinda and fun while others don't take change well and are all almost over 50.

Cons

No advancement, favoritism with district managers and store managers. If they don't like you, they'll find a reason to get rid of you. It's terrible. They look down on younger staff and don't take them as seriously as they do older women. Advancement is hard and rare. Product is random and floor sets are out dated. Assistant managers expected to do most of the work while store managers sit back. Outdated training program, and if you aren't trained by a good manager you're screwed for your cache career. You have to wear their products and if you don't they will reduce your hours. The discount is horrible for the high priced clothing.

Watch who you promote.

Not worth the paperwork

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Caché full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun-ish environment, flexible scheduling for the most part.

Cons

No commission, constant returns, no loss prevention -- no sensors, cameras, 10+ Items are encouraged in a fitting room, items frequently get stolen and then it's your fault for not paying more attention when you are left for 3+ hours alone without another associate present, pressure to sell more/be more enthusiastic with no incentive, no employee discounts off sale items, ridiculous amounts of paperwork/reports which are more or less useless in the grand scheme of things, 1000 part-time employees who only work at the store for a discount and who's hours total 4-8 a week

The company needs to figure out a way too pay more or make it worth employees to put into the job what they ask for. Up wages, give full time to more than just assistant managers and store managers. Enough with the conversion crap. Enough with printing out every email and wasting incredible amounts of paper. Cache isn't luxury. The quality of merchandise actually quite poor.

Assistant manager

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Caché

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in! Loved the company

Cons

No work life balance, just work.

Ok but not a happy place

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Caché part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to dress up for work which is fun.

Cons

No comission, but still pressured to do better with no incentives

store manager sets tone for the store, always mad and or dissapointed

A good retail company to work for.

Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager

I have been working at Caché part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone's voice is heard. Even as a sales associate or "stylist" district managers care what you have to say and relay to their regionals. With a good team at your store you'll love the experience. The company truly tries to hire within, giving good opportunity for moving up.

Cons

Absolutely no benefits for part-time.