Cactus Communications

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Cactus Communications CEO Anurag Goel

Anurag Goel

Best place to work for

Pros- Wonderful work culture
    - HR initiatives for employee are commendable
    - Zero politics

Cons- I don't find any cons with this company

Advice to Senior Management- Need to hire a technical architect which having a good exposure on technology and scaling up your core product architecture.

good place to work

Proswork culture, very friendly, if you are good performer, will get recognised fast

Consoverall company growth is pretty slow...hence the expansion plans go slower

Amazing place to work for

Associate Editor (Former Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsCulture, fun, values, people, work-Life balance. The HR and the senior management know what they are doing. Many lead by example. It is a fun office to work in. Lively environment. Reliable people. I relocated from Bangalore to Mumbai for work, and the management did everything they could to help me, right from helping me choose my accommodation to making myself comfortable at the workplace. I learnt a lot during my tenure as an editorial associate. The training is satisfactory, and the learning is never ending. Very understanding people.Also, the salary is good. I had to leave for health reasons. I had a really good time at Cactus. The career growth can be linear or exponential depending on your performance. No holds barred. No politics. They strive to stick to their values. They really care about their employees. It is an added bonus that they are a stickler for cleanliness. In addition, free pantry snacks. You can hog all you want! I see a great future for this company.

ConsNone, really. It was truly great working with Cactus.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are the best. Keep it up!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best place to be in!

Sub-Editor (Former Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat culture, high stress on values, talented employees, amazing training, vibrant, constantly changing organizational structure

ConsSlightly stressful because of premium quality requirements

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job!

Only if you are inexperienced, Cactus Communications is a good place to work.

Editor (Former Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

Pros-No politics
    - People are friendly
    - Best HR
    - Very lively and cheerful environment
    - HR knows how to plan fun activities
    - -Join only if you are an inexperienced editor; it is a place where you will learn a lot. When you are done learning, QUIT! Read Cons to know more.

Cons- It's a KPO that works on the Chinese business model. You will be as good as a worker in a manufacturing unit in China and produce goods (here, edit documents) without adequate break. You will be a robot!
    - Paycheck sucks. You will get paid a lot in other organizations (twice what you get at Cactus).
    - If you get stuck here, you will have a few handful options in the market because Cactus is onto academic editing. Only a few organizations are into similar business, and they are terrible. Step out with what you have learned here and get into Corp. Comm., etc.
    - No public holidays, unless you apply for Christmas (an example) at least 8 months in advance.
    - They love you if your attendance record says present on 365 days a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead Cons and bring about the required changes. Remember your staff is young, but they will grow older in a few years. If you want to retain them, you need to change your thinking.

Great office culture

Sub-Editor (Former Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsIt is a very friendly place to work at and is non-hierarchical. There is one month training provided before you start live work. Mentors are assigned to each new employee. Office culture is fun and the management takes great care to provide employees with as much freedom and comfort as possible.

ConsEditing work is stressful. There are too many layers of checks before work is approved which can get a little frustrating. The work itself can get very frustrating due to the the requirement to interpret the very bad English of client's work. There is a divide between the 'oldies' and the new people who join.

An amazing place, but not without flaws and weaknesses

ProsCulture
    Interest in people
    Culture of Excellence
    Values
    Recognition

ConsChange (too much, too fast)
    Poor change management
    Inconsistent approach towards employees
    Some infrastructure
    Occasional absence of perspective and empathy
    Occasional Hypocrisy

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve people more, you will benefit from it
    Infrastructure needs some basic attention
    You focus too much on the frontline roles at the expense of support groups

One of the best place to work...!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Awesome leadership. I have worked in two more companies after leaving Cactus but the leadership abilities that senior management has here, i couldnt find anywhere else.
    - Amazing people - Completely diverse! This makes it a vibrant place and one gets to learn so much!
    - Inspiring Culture - Even the most wild humans get tamed here :) the energy around is positive and the honest. No politics here!

ConsGrowth strategies keep changing - the focus changes more often than not. But again because its still at a young age, it tends to happen

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They should give advise to the world. They are so good.

Good company to work for

Process Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsGood experience and seniors are encouraging.

ConsWas there for a short while, so haven't really experienced the downside.

A good company to work

ProsFriendly work culture
    Non-hierarchical
    One gets the respect deserved
    well-involved HR team
    A very good CEO who not only has strong vision but also cares for his people
    The company offers a good work-life balance and most people in the organization genuinely practice company values.

ConsAverage salaries structure, cannot be compared with other companies as the industry is niche but overall not competive payscale
    The senior management, although very able, is sometimes opinionated
    Too many frequent changes, sometimes difficult for the team members to get adjusted

Advice to Senior ManagementNone for now.

Worked for Cactus Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Cactus Communications Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cactus Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cactus Communications CEO Anurag Goel. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Cactus Communications employees.